[APP][Pro] Sun Events (Update SDK3)

I have reported this as an issue with the library. Not sure why but I have the same in Arnhem. Not really an issue for me as it is not that critical :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still getting some strange results on flowcard checks (now on test version 1.4.3).
Todays “End golden hour in the morning” is at 8:53.
I have a flowcard that checks if the “End golden hour in the morning” is after 6:30 and it returns false (where it definitely should return true).

Is this a bug or am I interpreting things wrong?

Hi,

I have checked it and this is indeed a bug. If you are in a hurry i will fix this today in the current app otherwise this will be fixed in the 2.0 release beginning next week.

Hi Marcel,
No, no need to hurry. Great it can be fixed in 2.0.
Have a great week-end

I have fixed it already :slight_smile: Was very easy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Checked and confirmed! Thanks

I have published on test version 2.0 which is a completely new app written from the ground up. The app is backward compatible.

This version could contain bugs if you are running in production and you are depended on the app do not install this. Or you install it test it and re-install the production version.

5 Likes

Hi,
thank you for your work, I just wonder, what was the need for full rewrite ? It was working fine :wink:

Some observations :

• new version have bigger memory footprint - 10MB vs 16MB
    obrazek

• the SunLight change trigger is triggered every 1 min - that was the case even in older version, not sure it’s intended, including negative values, maybe it’s serving as kind of MoonLight ? :wink:

• what is the difference between Light Percentage TAG and Light Percentage from the trigger
    obrazek
    (screenshot while it’s night - 9PM)

• not the difference, however when used as tag, it’s the same value,maybe just a glitch in the UI ?
    obrazek

I will test triggers during tomorrow, I will report if anything goes wrong.

Hi Marcel, just to inform you, while running the test version v1.6.0, I noticed this while running a flow test:
Screenshot from 2023-02-13 02-29-08

Screenshot from 2023-02-13 02-25-11

v1.4.4 stable:
FYI, just another odd issue, it is past 4 PM, sunset is just happening in over an hour, but the card says “it is not between sunrise and sunset”:
Screenshot from 2023-02-13 16-24-21

The trigger times seem spot on though:

No hurries and thanks again for all the effort.

1 Like

Try to fix the errors. The reason that I did a rebuild is that the original code was messy. It was very hard to read and understand. The code was written in the first release of the Homey App and at that time everything was new and not well documented homey sdk. I adjusted the code every time but it became messier. So it was needed to start over :slight_smile:
It maybe work from the outside but it was very hard to maintain.

New version:

4 Likes

v2.0.1 As far as I can see the issues are fixed now

Didn’t test it yet, but I guess there is a little bug regarding the Circadian Brightness value, because 3 decimal digits are given instead of 2:

App version: 2.0.1

Here you find an updated version:

2 Likes

Fix confirmed! :+1:t2:

App version: 2.0.2

Thx!!!

There seems to be a small calculation error of “Maximum Brightness”.
I have set the “Maximum Brightness” to 100, but in Insight only a maximum value of 0.99 (= 99) is displayed:

(For comparison, the values of the Circadian Lighting App.)

A similar problem with “Noon Warmth.” It is set to 20, but 0.21 (= 21) is the lowest value displayed in Insights:

Btw, because these features works great for me, I will deinstall the Circadian Lighting App und use the Sun Events App for this purpose.

Thanks for the great app!

1 Like

Probably a rounding error. I will check this. Thanks for the trust in the app.

1 Like

Updated app:

• Improved error handling
  • Fixed display error of triggers
  • Added moon information
  • Added day length.
4 Likes

This morning the App v2.0.2 was paused for no reason: a3cd37d0-f6bd-4b9e-abb3-0004ea7ac1e4
Maybe you find out the reason or what happened.

But now I will update to v2.0.3

Apps get paused if they take up more than 80MB. You can check Insights if this was the case.

1 Like