[APP][Pro] Sun Events (Update SDK3)

Hi thanks for adding the extra trigger for spring etc.
Could you maybe add “Tomorrow” as an option.

Then i could implement the trigger tomorrow is “Start zomertijd” and notify me the night before to check all the clocks in the house :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the app :wink: The triggers are always working flawlessly :sun_with_face:

Done. Sun Events | Homey

Confirmed in working order now. Thanks!

Thanks! @MarcelT :smiley:

1 Like

I use a negative “event starts after” card to check if “avondschemering” (dusk?) is NOT after 18.30h. This has always worked, but since some time this check fails. Just tested again, time for “avondschemering” is 18:09 but still the check fails.
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-02-03 om 18.41.39
Any ideas?

Edit: when I do not invert the card, it still does the opposite of what it should do. So the check if “Avondschemering” (which is at 18:07) is after 18:30 returns true.

Edit2: I think I still have the non-test version of the app (v1.3.1)

I will check this tomorrow.

Would like to summarize some points mentioned here already and noted by myself.

App version v1.4.1 Experimentell (installed on 03.02.23 @ 8:30am)

Circadian Brightness
– The default values are in % from 0 to 100. It would be better if these values were available in a format of 0 - 1 so that they can be used with tags without converting them. Or do we have to use values between 0 - 1 in the settings?
– Changing the min/max values in the app settings does not affect the brightness values.
– Since the update to v1.4.1 the brightness value drops to -25.

Circadian Level
– The values range from -0.6 to +1.4. I assume that these values should also be between 0 - 1, right?
– It would be nice to be able to limit the range of these values also in the settings.

The flow is executed every 5 minutes:

Just for info. These are the settings and the insights of the Circadian Lighting app:

But since I need and have been using the Sun Events app for a very long time, it would be nice if this Circadian feature worked the same way it does in the Circadian Lighting app.

1 Like

I have an updated version. Sun Events | Homey

1 Like

+1 on that but being “forced” to use Circadian app also due to the options of Day/Night different levels and Color temp 0-1 (yes, Kelvins would be better but the Yeelightlights I’m using need 0-1, while 0 is the coolest and 1 is the warmest)

See update

1 Like

I did :slight_smile: Let me check again…

Try to use

1 Like

@MarcelT, now, about 2.5 hours after I installed the new test version 1.4.3, the Insight values look promising. The min/max values for brightness are now also taken into account.

What in my opinion is missing now is a possibility to limit the capability Circadian Level with min and max values like it’s possible with the brightness. Is it possible?

Yes, it is Kelvin Based.

What does it means exactly? If the values of MinKelvin and MaxKelvin are changed in the app settings it will also influence the Circadian Level values?
If so, then there is probably a bug. Because I changed the MinKelvin and MaxKelvin values into 3100 (MinKelvin) and 4600 (MaxKelvin) some days ago and the lowest Circadian Level value was today 0, but it normally has to be around 0.2, hasn’t it?

Btw, it would be helpful if the default values for MinKelvin and MaxKelvin were mentioned somewhere.

Edit (07.02.2023)

@MarcelT, now I have recorded a whole day. As already written, changes in MinKelvin and MaxKelvin are correctly shown (see upper curve). Circadian Level however still shows values from 0 - 1 (see lower curve):

These are the flow cards:

1 Like

Hi,

I am rebuilding the app in total (v2.0). When I initially wrote the app it was even with SDK 1 and after that, I only modified things. But now it was time to rebuild it with the new possibilities and the app will also be smaller in size and hopefully more resource friendly as I have still a first batch homey :slight_smile: .

I am still in the process but I have a few questions.

Are you missing anything that I should add to the new app?

This way I can put it on the list and make sure the structure is suitable for this.

@fantross , I am also fixing your requests.

It probably also require some heavy testing :frowning:

Thanks Marcel

4 Likes

That’s definitely not a problem, but I’m wondering why the event times of the Sun Events App are 1-2 minutes off in comparison to correct event times at my location (see post #47, for example).

1 Like

Maybe a small difference in the coordinates. I am using the suncalc library which seems to have the most accurate calculation.

2 Likes

If I compare the time of the sun events between the suncalc.org website (of course with my coordinates) and the time of the sun events in the settings of the Sun Events App, then there are the 1-2 minutes different:

That’s strange, because I expect my homey is using the same coordinates. At least the build-in geofencing system works fine.
This is probably also due to the fact that some times are probably rounded up or down, but this does not fully explain the deviations.

I would like to point out again explicitly that this is not a problem for me, I am only interested in what these deviations result from.

1 Like

Interesting, I see the same results in the Eindhoven (NL) area. Sunset and Dusk are spot on, the others are 1-2 minutes off.
(also, no issue for me)