[APP][Pro] Sun Events (Update SDK3)

Hi, I see the error indeed. Now searching for a solution :blush:

2 Likes

I have added an updated verion of the app in test.

fixed (I hope) : Circadian Level information
added Daylight Saving dates

2 Likes

Great, Thanks! I can already see the result in my graphs:

1 Like

Altitude, Circidian Level and Percentage are looking good now but I do have a question on the brightness value.
Iā€™ve been tracking that too throughout the day but Iā€™m not sure how to interpret the values.
The values are in the range -1.20 to 1.00 which seems odd too me, can you explain these valueā€™s?

Exactly I have been wondering the same yesterday (after my lights started powering off right after turning them on) :wink: Ended up at this moment with another app focusing only on Circadian cycle but prefer to use only Sun Events as Iā€™m running out of memory :wink:

I have a problem with the latest version of the app, version 1.3.0. Dawn (ochtendschemering) and sunrise (zonopkomst) do not seem to work. In an advanced flow the error message ā€œeventTimes is not definedā€ is displayed. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes, this morning it seems that the Sunrise end did not work (as an AND criteria in advanced flow), also another user commented on Facebook that it had not worked for him either.
I did a restart of the app and can see from the app logs (sorry, have no idea how to get that copied here) I see some SyntaxError. Unexpected token o in JSON at position 1 at JSON.parse() at SunClass.LoadMySettingsā€¦

I will take a look to it.

1 Like

I sent a log to you, hope it helps. 5c0b646d-b497-4e75-b043-5a94620b7712

Yes, Could you please test this version and let me know if it is fixed?

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed, will check tomorrow morning how it goes.

I think I figured it out. The flatline at 1 is the highest brightness starting at the end of sunrise intil the start of sunset. The point where the line goes through 0 is the point where the lowest brightness is ending or starting depending on if it rising or falling. So, I think that the line should not go below 0 and should flatline there at the lowest brightness (0).

@MarcelT is my assumption correct?

I thought the brightness should be something like the brightness in circadian app. That means highes brightness would be at noon by 1.0 and lowest brightness before sunrise/after sunset by 0.
That could be used to calculate an own dim/color factor.

Iā€™m also looking at the Circadian app, hereā€™s a comparison between the Circadian Apps Brightness and the Sun Events, these are basically the same. (The flow writing the Sun Events value doesnā€™t run as ofter as the one from the Circadian App)

Iā€™m no expert on this topic and donā€™t know which terminologie is used best for which variable, but they do differ between the apps.

Sun Events worked fine this morning, thanks for fast and great reaction :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Brightness seems to be a bug. In the app settings you can set the min and max (default it is 20-100 %) this allows you to control light based on the sun position within certain limits. I will fix that one asap.

The Circidian Level is just a number between 0 and 1(highest sun position). With this you have another way of controlling lights or something else.

1 Like

Hello, something seems to have happened to the azimuth calculation.
When I set an ā€œandā€-card as azimuth between 30 and 160 it turns out as false, altough the azimuth now is 155? This was not an issue on the earlier versions.

Okay, will take a look to it.

1 Like

This is fixed and can be tested : https://homey.app/a/com.cyclone-software.sunevents/test/

There is an updated version with Brightness in percentages, please test.
In addition also new triggers for special dates like start spring etc.

3 Likes