[APP][Pro] Sun Events (Update SDK3)

Thx, @robertklep, found the “no reason”!

Ca. 270 MB! Time of the rise was about 1:00 o’clock.

(Might be interesting to post your offset from UTC)

:flushed: wauw that’s huge. Look like memory leakage. I will check it. I really do not understand such a high memory use as I have less modules and less code and smaller footprint.

So its UTC+1.

v2.0.2
FYI similar behaviour here, Marcel, Feb 17 at just around 01:00 AM, also in UTC+1 tz.

I’m running v2.0.3 since then

At 00.00 utc the events will be refreshed. But for some reason this creates a memory leak. Also wierd that an app generated with “homey app create” already use 25 mb of memory. Anyway i spend the whole day yesterday but couldn’t find it yet. I will continue today. In the mean time i will release the latest previous app to prod.

3 Likes

With v2.0.3 there was no problem last night:

The memory is building up every midnight (00.00 UTC) as I do the update of new trigger times. So after a few days, it crashes. Need some more testing… :frowning:

For me on the 18th nothing special happend. Only 17 and 19th
Arround the 12th of february the average memory goes up from 11mb to 25

Re memory, might not be Sun Events issue maybe - I’m on v8.1.3-rc.3 and I see some others apps also misbehaving randomly…maybe it’s related to the Homey firmware… ?

Example - Lidll app running fine last several months, no updates since then… and look what happened just few minutes ago

I also use the LIDL app and am also on firmware v8.1.3-rc.3, but cannot see any memory increase. Not even with the other installed apps.

Hi,
I have found a memory leak in one of the modules I used. So I installed another one and rewrote the app. I will test today if everything is still working and the memory is acceptable.

6 Likes

Last night the Sun Events App crashed again (> 170 MB memory usage) . Actually, I had assumed that this should have increased Homey’s memory usage extremely as well, but just the opposite is the case:

Homey’s memory consumption dropped from about 280 MB to 190 MB.

(Just a side note)

Hopefully, this version solves the issue:

2 Likes

First impression is much lower memory and CPU usage :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hello, this problem is now back for information.

Okay, i will check it

Which version are you using as it works for me.

Unfortunately my custom triggers are not working with 2.1.0
In the log it is complaining about “not found id: xx” with xx being the name of all my triggers (events).
I have reinstalled the previous release version (1.4.5), let’s hope tomorrow my lights are turning on again in the evening.

Please share the debug log with Marcel.