[APP][Pro] Solcast - Solar Forecasts

I did delete and add the device again. I assume we have to wait til tomorrow - currently the values for daily forecast are empty.

Do I need to reboot homey or anything else?

You will have to wait, but you can send me a diagnostic report again, so I can see if the error is gone

Interestingly the daily values have been set meanwhile. Wouldnt have expected that before midnight.

Here a new report: 6d80fa20-9787-46a7-9dbb-ce95ef3b3633

Unfortunately the values did not change after midnight :thinking:

Actually in your previous log, everything looked good.

But the fact that the daily values were set at a different time, makes me think it is a homey thing.

Try rebooting homey, and afterwards check if your location is correct: settings - location.

And check your timezone: settings - general - about

I did restart and check location and time before and after rebooting homey. Those values look ok. For the location the option ‘location automatic…’ was set (last option in the location dialog). I assume it is ment to be called ‘set homey location automatically’. Unfortunately the German translation is too long and the text has been cut off.

Whatever, I deactivated this option as this might cause the problem I have?

Really strange. I deleted the solcast device several times and readded it. First the daily values are empty. But every time after the first 30 minute cycle the daily values are set. :person_shrugging:

I checked the location and time settings and those are still ok.

I also recreated the API key, but this also didn’t work :person_shrugging:

Now the sum of 50 API calls are exceeded before 8 pm.

Can you help?

Hmm really strange…

Can you try to remove the app, reboot homey and then reinstall.

I have no idea what is going on.
Wait a day or so and then send me the diagnostics report

Could also be a bug after last update to support multiple solcasts.
I will check tommorrow

1 Like

Try the latest test version, there is now a button under settings ‘repair’, which will delete all recurring jobs and recreate them

1 Like

Cool. But at which point exactly should I use the repair settings? Should I use it once the daily values seem not be updated for example?

Am I reading it right that the maximum number of API calls has been reduced to 20 now? Does that mean the app updates need to be changed?

one time, it will delete all jobs and recreate them.

The app will still after restarting fetch all the data for the next 24 hours.
This is to check if the recurrent job works. (but I can disable this)

No, the free plan for home users is still 50 calls

Ah, allright, since it says " * 20 API requests per day (verified home residence only)". I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

Seems to be working now. I did use the repair function once yesterday. This morning the daily values have been updated and the limit of API calls did not exceed yesterday. Probably it was my fault that the API calls exceeded as I have been deleting and adding a new solcast device several times on that day.

Anyway, I will report tomorrow in case the daily values are not updated again. Thank you for your support :call_me_hand:

Anyone else experiencing the issue of too many calls per day which makes the daily forecast not update? This is since 3 days, after updating Homey to 8.0.8. Calls for today is already at 94.

I am at 816 in one day. So no updates for today and tomorrow

Strange…

I was working on a new version with sdk 3.0 so I will apply the fixes (if I can find them) into the new version

1 Like