[APP][Pro] Solcast - Solar Forecasts

I use both solcast and forecast.solar in HA, but solcast is much more accurate.

For the moment I have no plans for forecast.solar.

Hi @Pieterv123,

Thnx for the app. I know it is already asked, but I don’t know if there was a fix already. Is it possible to remove Solcast from the energy tab?

And another question. I don’t get any forecast for tomorrow or today? I have 2 Solcast API’s because I have solarpanels on east and west. West is working correctly, but east I dont get the forecast for today/tomorrow.

I can check this week what I can do, can you send me a bug report?

Thank you! I made a report: f02fb8ac-ceb8-4038-b5d3-11147ae4ed4d

Not in a hurry, take your time :slightly_smiling_face:

I just checked, the version without energy is already for a long time in test and I forgot to change it to normal app. :man_facepalming:

It will update soon, or otherwise use this link

1 Like

Try also the test version 1.0.5

this one should support multiple sites

1 Like

It is working :partying_face:, also the energy tab is now correct. Thank you for your work!

It looks like the data isn’t refreshed again (see post oct’21). Current refresh is 3 days ago. Any clue?

it still works for me, so I would suggest the same things:

• reboot homey
  • make sure your location is correct on homey
  • check in solcast if the api is used
  • if that doesn’t work, send me a crash report

Hello

Restarted Homey and checked API usage. Still no updates for forecast today and forecast tomorrow. Forecast for the next 1/2/3 hours is updated (as before restart of Homey.

Shall i send a diagnostic report?

Daily and tomorrow forecast is only updated daily at midnight, so you have to wait.
Deleting solcast and installing it again could also work.
do you have the latest version?

Restart of Homey did the trick. Thanx

Hi @Walter_vande_kerkhof,

I do have the exact same issue as you had. The forecast value for today and tomorrow are just not updated, whereas the hourly forecast values are.

So I rebooted homey as well. Do I have to wait until the next day to have the daily values updated, or did you receive the correct values immediately after the restart?

I assume I have to wait until midnight after the reboot, but I wanted to double check with someone who has successfully solved the same issue.

I had to wait

You have to wait untill midnight at local time, then it will refresh.

I think the issue has something to do with homey updates, but I am not sure.
Or with homey who doesn’t know your location or timezone anymore, causing the app to not refresh

Both, thanks for your reply. I will wait and let you know tomorrow what happened :blush:

Unfortunately the values did not get updated :woozy_face:

What else can I try?

Did you check that your location is correct in Homey?

Can you send me the crash report?

Okidoki. Location ist set in homey and the API should also be ok. here the diagnosis Id 19a5bf6e-ac5a-4dcb-8c33-27a24a06ec9e

Please let me know in case you need additional information.

There is indeed some error.
If possible, could you delete the device (solcast) and re-add it?

1 Like