[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

This is manual, https://knowledge-center.solaredge.com/sites/kc/files/solaredge-meter-installation-guide.pdf

On page 16 the meter installation is explained, using MODbus. The problem I had previous is somewhat similar, My meter used one MODbus and at KM they said that this circuit should NOT be daisy chain connected with other meters etc. So I had to use the second com port of the inverter. Fortunately I have 2 com ports for MODbus on the Growatt SPH3000. I’m not sure if the Solaredge SE17K has 2 ports AND I am not sure if your setup allows the KM bridge to be added in the daisy chain (parallel wired). Suppose you have to consult Edwin or support from KM.

This is the bridge I installed;

Works perfectly!

yes solaredge comes with internal modbus support. so enable it from the menu and connect to it from homey. get near instant local data.

for meters indeed you need to add a modbus meter 1st ,plugwise P1 etc does not count, see [APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus - #409 by Edwin_Biemond

after that you know your own consumption and with this you can do import and export limit flows or charge battery from grid.

Is it possible to use set the Active power Limit using the modbus with a “older” SolarEdge inverter?
On Tweakers I saw these post from one person that is has integrated via HA. In this app I don’t have this option in combination with my SE3000H.

When you have a modbusmeter see above #406 you can limit power, i have the SE5000H and works perfect :wink:

No it’s not necessary to have a Modbus meter.
Only the API call to inverters to set the following Then card

Well I have been reading alot about exporting limit on my SolarEdge 3680 HD Wave inverter, have set all the options (with lcd display) with the buttons. I did remove my old solaredge device and added new with storeedge (otherwise no THEN export limut cards) but no joy.
Solaredge has working MODBUS TCP but cannot limit export.
So if there is someone with the magic settings :slight_smile:

you can do export limit but like always you need to install 1 of the meters few post up. then it works perfectly. without meters it cannot determine own consumption and how much to export. P1 does not count as a meter.

so let me check this for people which have no meters installed.

so basically he is doing normal modbus like us and then do active power, in his case it is 0 or 100%.

then:
      - service: number.set_value
        data:
          value: "0"
        target:
          entity_id: number.solaredge_active_power_limit
    else:
      - service: number.set_value
        data:
          value: "100"
        target:
          entity_id: number.solaredge_active_power_limit

checking HA

ACTIVE_POWER_LIMIT_TYPE = [“Active Power Limit”, “nominal_active_power_limit”, 0xF001, “u16”, {“min”: 0, “max”: 100, “unit”: “%”}]

nice, so already got this solaredge.modbus/solaredge.ts at main · biemond/solaredge.modbus · GitHub

will do some experiments with this and check what this means Enable setting active power limit

if all goes well I will add this to normal solaredge device , I guess, I can also do this for solaredge with meters or battery. a bit double, but does not hurt to have this besides export limit.

1 Like

@Mike_de_Vries @Arnold_vd_Linden hey can you try this on your device menu (flow will come later) https://homey.app/a/solaredge.modbus/test/

it works for me ( it is dark now) and I only set this active power limit.

also works with a battery

Hi @Edwin_Biemond
I installed the test version and enabled RRCR on my SolarEdge inverter.
Did a test to set the value to 0% and back to 100% with the following result:

So this is working :smiley:

I noticed that there is no difference in 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% because they all act as 100%.

And the Active power Limit is not shown in the graph:

Ditto over here. Can get zero from the inverter now.

Very nice

awesome, will also make now the flow trigger then.

so without this it won’t work or not. Maybe that is good as extra manual step. Will add it to the release notes.
Do you like the device menu part? too bad Homey cannot do this in a tab after the sensors. so the device will always shows this active power 1st.

You mean this part?

For this it would work for me if it was an on/off button because the percentages are not working in my situation. But I can live with it if this is not possible.
If there is a flow card for it I will only use it with flows.

1 Like

Percentage are working for me on my solaredge 3680 inverter.
50% is 50%of 3680 (1840) and that is then the max produced power so it works on my site.
75% also limits and 0 is no power.
I have enabled RRCR and nothing more (modbus over tcp)

For me layout is fine :slight_smile: When the flows are active I mainly will use those and not the menu option.

Maybe a stupid question here, but is there any way to connect the TCP modbus via wi-fi instead of ethernet?
I don’t have direct access to an access point/router from where my inverter is placed :confused:

I did the test again and the percentage is working.
What does this value mean? The max of the inverter?
If that is so then I understand there was mo effect on changing the percentage this morning.
Now (15:15) the values are:
25% = 800w
50% = 1600w
75% = 2200w
100% = 2200+ of my SE3000 inverter

So this concludes it’s 50% of the inverters maximum.

Learned something again :grinning: