[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

also producing and throttled is not the default. so maybe maybe you got an update or your installation guy did something remotely.
Or your grid provider can influence your inverter

Hmm will check with the installation company. They or Solardegde did an upgrade to use the local API, no other updates has done as far as I know. But gonna check.

thnx!

good, enum cap like status I cannot show on insights.

New test version

with Solaredge bug fixes, like crashes when modbus values or scale are empty plus fix double battery.

Growatt Support- SPHxxx series Hybrid Inverter and others in the same range.
follow this doc Dropbox - Setup Growatt.pdf - Simplify your life

Hi Edwin, great work on your app!

Would it be possible to cap generated power based on need? My energy provider charges negative power prices. This often hapens when itā€™s windy and also sunny. I.e. in these hours, using a kWh from the net gives me ā‚¬0.10 (plus taxes, fees, etcā€¦). But delevering a kWh to the net costst met ā‚¬0,10. This can get pretty costly at 10kW times a few hours a week.

The SE inverter sould have some sort of option for this? https://knowledge-center.solaredge.com/sites/kc/files/application_note_power_control_configuration.pdf

I have a P1 monitor on the main energy meter in order to track the current power need.

I would appreciate your insights on this.

hey yes.

so it supports import and export control as a flow also so from the menu but then I set some default values for import/export limit

To do this you need to use inverter with meters, battery device. ( even when you donā€™t have meters or batt it should work)

that enables the menu actions and flow triggers.

let me know if it works

Hi Edwin,

Thx for your quick reply! I deleted the inverter and added an inverter-battery setup.

Some feedback on you instructions:

How should ā€œsetting the right modeā€ work?
In both the web gui as the app gui I canā€™t verify if the right mode is set; When I re-enter the main menu, it auto-selects the first main-mode and the first sub-mode. Iā€™m not even sure if Iā€™m looking at 4+7+2 modes from which I should select one, or if I should select a sub-mode from every main-mode.

Total export and import is displaying unreal numbers
Would it me possible in a new release to hide specific data or enable the Export Limit mode for the non-battery inverter?

hey, thinking about this.

do you have meters installed? I think that is needed because you still want to do your own consumption but no export.

can you check if you can do this from solaredge menu. if so we need to find out what we can add to normal inverter

also send me some diagnostic reports so I know what is going on?

also try to do a trigger flow when menu is failing and resetting to original state

Hi Edwin,

Youā€™re right about the meters. Iā€™ll have a P1 monitor arriving next Tuesday. This unit will be plugged in to the main meter. This same main meter is also tracking consumption and export for my energy provider. The P1 output on the meter is supplying realtime in/ex-port data to Homey.

Output limit should only enabled when market price is below ā‚¬0,-. Iā€™m receiving this info from the ā€œPower by the hourā€ app. And yes, the limit should be set to 0 plus my current consumption. Should be an easy to setup flow.

How can I generate diagnostics reports. Iā€™m not sure what you mean with ā€œtrying to do a trigger flow when menu is failing and resetting to original stateā€.

Hey,

you can try to enable export/ import limit from homey flow. make a flow trigger like this

but can you 1st can try to do this on the inverter. if that works we can do this for sure.

also maybe the requirement is, you need to have meters on your solaredge . this is not the same as P1.

if you go to my app on homey you can find the button to send diagnostic report.

f3f69115-ab15-4a46-b2c4-c33d74d17dc1

Guess this is what you need? :slight_smile:

More information on export limitation in a non-battery SE inverter setup. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

yeah , I know this doc.

this looks ok and promising.

storage_control_mode 4 xxx Storage Control Mode
storage_accharge_policy 1 xxx Storage AC Charge Policy
storage_accharge_Limit 0 xxx Storage AC Charge Limit
remote_control_command_mode 0 xxx Remote Control Command Mode
remote_control_charge_limit 5400 xxx Remote Control Charge Limit
remote_control_command_discharge_limit 5400 xxx Remote Control Command Discharge Limit
remote_control_command_timeout 21600 xxx Remote Control Command Timeout
remote_control_default_command_mode 0 xxx Storage Charge/Discharge
export_control_mode 0 xxx Export control Mode
export_control_limit_mode 0 xxx Export control limit Mode
export_control_site 50 xxx Export control site limit 

let me check this and make a new test version.

Did you try this on solaredge yourself ? and send me the diagnostic report again.

This was a live test. Seems like the 50W cap is not holding up yet?

0 means it is not enabled. 50w is ok at least.
and need to check this on your inverter. mostly you see after a hour it goes to the defaults again and need to redo this.

remote_control_command_timeout 3600 xxx Remote Control Command Timeout

I am now making a test version which has this on the normal inverter.

{
    "type": "enum",
    "title": {
        "en": "Limit mode"
    },
    "getable": true,
    "setable": true,
    "uiComponent": "picker",
    "uiQuickAction": false,
    "values": [
        {
            "id": "0",
                "en": "Disabled"
            }
        },
        {
            "id": "1",
                "en": "Export Control"
            }
        },
        {
            "id": "11",
                "en": "Import Control"
            }
        }                                           
    ]
}

Do I need to enable anything like ā€œexternal controlā€ on the inverter?

checking this now, I know I do this for batt stuff. but I think this is basic export/import.