[App][Pro] SmartThings Community (was the HCS version 2) Live 2.0.19, Test 2.0.25

does this app support sending notifications to samsung tv’s?

No, not sure how to do that.

I know that smartthings appliances can do it, so it might be possible some way

Hi there. Just got my Homey pro and trying to add my Samsung washer, but the official SmartThings app leads to some kind of error and your app is greyed out for me on the page so i cannot install it either. Do you know why i cannot install your app? Thanks

Have you installed the HCS app abd logged in on the HCS store?

No. It doesnt show in the homey app under ‘devices’ nor when I tap the … and try to add it through ‘apps’

To install the HCS app you download it from the HCS and run the exe on a Mac or PC that is on the same network.

Oh I tried it thtough the phone app. Didnt know it had to be done on the pc. I guess I will try that tomorrow. Hope that works. Thanks for your help so far!

1 Like

Sorry for the newb questions but I need your help once again.

So I managed to download the HCS app and run it. When I search for this app, the below menu shows up.
When I click on the orange button it only says Update, and not install. But as you can also see on the left the app does not show up anywhere.

So how do I run it? Been trying to figure this out for the last half hour and feeling a little lost :-/

By the way, what is the difference between this version (SmartThings Hub) and SmartThings 2?

You need the SmartThings 2. SmartThings hub was my original version but then Athom published their SmartThings app with the same app id, so I changed my app id and called the new version SmartThings 2.

Gotcha, thanks!

Hi,

My homey is broken and i am waiting on the new pro to arrive.
Now our tumble dryer also died on us, so i am looking for a replacement dryer which can be used with Homey.

My questions are:

• does the HCS app work with Homey PRO 2023?
  • are all Samsung (connected) tumble dryers supported?
  • you mention an official version (somewhere in this topic), what is the difference, i cannot find any offcial version in the homey app store to compare.

Thx

It does indeed work with HP23.
I can’t say for sure it will work with all connected dryers, but provided it is visible to the app I can add features to support it.
I believe Athom have hidden the official version as they had issues with the number of user exceeding their Samsung account limit. My app uses an individual users account, which makes it more complex to setup but has no user limits, except a polling interval of 5 seconds.

1 Like

thx… hopefully I receive my new HP 2023 soon so i can get my house up and running again (old homey is broken)

1 Like

Good morning

how to install HCS on homey pro 2023?

As the HCS is currently down, the only other option is to download it from my github repository and install it from the CLI.

Good morning

thank you for your answer, do you have a link, please ?

Good morning

I installed it in CLI but I don’t see it

and on the smartthink installation :slight_smile:

on the command line type npm install to install the required node.js modules. Then install the app on Homey again.

It’s good, thank you

1 Like