[APP][PRO] Smart Presence

Hi everyone!

We have been using the smart presence app for a while now.
Unfortunately, we have been running in to some problems as of late…
Me and my girlfriend are both using Iphones, and didn’t have any problems before.
But lately the app marks us as away when our phone screens have been off for a while.
Then when we power the screen back on, it marks us as home again.
Our settings have been unchanged, so weird that we are encountering these problems just now…

Has anyone encountered the same problem or have a fix for this?
I can’t seem to find the right combination of settings.
Thank you guys in advance! :slight_smile:

I don’t have an iphone myself, but i remember you can switch off the dynamic macaddress.
I believe it is editable in the wifi settings of your current connection. Hope this helps.

30 seconds for “Away delay” will not work. To save battery a mobile do not speak on wifi all the time.
These settings work fine with my wifes Iphone.

Thank you for your reply!
But waiting 25 minutes before being marked as away is rather long to be usefull in flows.
Or do the Stress period settings overrule this delay?
Do you encouter long delays in your flows using presence?

Maybe you can trim down the delay to about 10-15 min. I prefer to NOT start away flows when somebody is home.

1 Like

Hi. I use now a Pixel 7 Pro, since then i’m not able to recognize if it’s away anymore. I changed the IP-Adress to the IP-Adress of the mobile phone, but no succes :frowning: Any Idea?

Thank you
Don

Hi Don,
A few questions first:

• Did you set the MAC address to ‘Telephone MAC’ instead of ‘Random MAC’? (It’s in the Advanced settings of the wifi connection used)

• Did you then reserve the phone’s IP in your DHCP server settings?

That way it should always use the same IP.
(You can set a ‘fixed IP’ in the phone, but then you risk two devices using the same IP)

1 Like

Can you consider adding a “the status of x has changed”? It would simplify and clean up my flows greatly as as I currently need both to use both x arrived and x left for my automations. Would be nice to just use one. Then you could add some form for a status changed where we can check whether someone left or arrived.

I wouldn’t complain if you could do the same most other triggers as well (first/last/Someone/ect).

Hope it makes sense…

1 Like

Was wondering if something has changed in the tiles? First when a members was not connected the tile was grayed out now the tile does not change in the home screen

HP2023 rc73 app version 7.0.0.1184

I think it is a APP thing in the web-browser the tiles a working properly

4 Likes

I observed the same…

Yes, absent are also gray in the old mobile app together with HP2023. It must be a problem with new mobile app.

Another problem with the new mobile app: when creating a new device the checkboxes for kid and guest are invisible.

Thanks for reporting, this seems to be indeed connected to the Homey mobile app - may I ask you, have you submitted bug report via Loading... - Form by Asana ? If not, I will do it.

I have.

1 Like

In the latest beta app, the icon(s) for people not being home is no longer deactivated.

Please report to Athom via Loading... - Form by Asana

I have done that already. The same thing with the latest build (7.0.0.1185), icons for people not being home are not disabled as they should.

1 Like

@balmli - are you still active? Please see above, icons are not disabled as they should in the new Homey app.

I believe that’s mobile app problem, not the Smart Presence app…there should be soon another beta, so let’s see if this will be fixed.

*** update ** - latest beta released and unfortunately no change - only the Web version shows the state correctly.*

2 Likes

Have you submitted it to Athom? I have, would be good if more people do the same.

1 Like