[APP][PRO] Smart Presence

Hi
Can Smart Presence monitor a PC on the ethernet and/or wifi network?
I’m trying to get my laptop to be registered, but i can’t get it to work either on ethernet or wifi.

We have 4 iPhones that works like a charm.

I’m sure the IP adress in the settings are correct.

You can give NetScan a try.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Tried NetScan for a few days, but it doesn’t find my PC either wifi or ethernet so that doesn’t work in my network.

Ok, that’s odd.
I just entered f.i. my router IP (without port) and it works

It can work fine, but you need to open a port in the PC’s firewall, and I think a process must listen on the port.
By default, a Windows PC is not detectable, as there are no open TCP ports.

It works fine for my Windows PC. I just add the IP address device, specify the IP of my PC and it works.
I use Norton 360 for my firewall.

1 Like

I just set my port to 3389 (windows remote desktop port) and it worked flawlessly

1 Like

Hi, am new into the smart presence app.
I am using an iphone (ios16) After a wille the app marks we away and straight after back home. I disabled the private network setting on the phone. Also i tried changing the values of interval check. Any ideas what i could try next? Personally i dont like the interval of 15 minutes, my house could be empty by then :wink:

You’ll also have to reserve the IP address of your phone, on your dhcp server (often running on your router), that way it can’t change anymore. Then the SP app can check if that IP address (a.k.a. your phone) is connected or not.

Yes i already did that. SP is working but it is idling all the time when i am at home.

Is there any way to trigger a smart presence check for example:
When the front door opens then check smart presence.

Something like this:

It might be, but more, I notice that the polling sometimes is late, you come in and the lights are off.
I switched from Geolocation to WiFi to be more accurate and not have the hassle of apps.
But now I would like to run a smart presence scan so it determines at the moment the door is open if a person is home or not.

Alternatives:
The (Android) macrodroid app has a trigger which checks if your wifi SSID('s) are in range. That is way quicker than waiting to be actual connected to your wifi.

BTW, my Homey Geo works pretty well, but you’ll have to disable “let homey find location”.

And yes, you’ll need apps for that.

Hadn’t realised macrodroid did this what with the alerts about it having problems with a lot of wifi features now, but have looked and SSID in range is there, that could solve a couple problems for me. Do you use webhooks then to communicate to Homey?

Yes, I let it send a web hook to Homey, then a flow marks me @ home.

1 Like

Installed and not yet tested.

Maybe strange question, homey have a tool about location away/home. Is this application only for more trusted when someone leave/arriving home ?.

Do you have both on or makes flow only with smart presence ?

Just curious…

It can monitor devices without installation of Homey mobile app, but need static ip in wifi router.
In some cases more reliable. I only use Smart Presence myself.

1 Like

Been using now for a week and so far seems the most reliable option yet, especially for other family member devices where the Homey Presence was more miss than hit. Thanks for pointing this out

2 Likes

What values have you used for members/devices. I’ve messed around a bit with this and can’t remember now what the default setup was. Does anyone have experience and recommendations in relation to this?
(sorry screenshot in Norwegian)