[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

My qn95aa doesn’t respond anymore. When i use the on off function i keep getting power off in process. Changed ip adresses wifi to wired reinstalled the app, nothing works. What to do?

I have a UE32K5505 and installed the app yesterday. It seems to work randomly. Power on and power off works randomly. “When power on” seems to work. “When power off” does not work.

Tried removing and adding the TV but same results.

Diagnostics 4ddbb8f1-0d9b-4aaa-b821-178e8f87c319

Any ideas?

Can someone explain to me why the app is installed on my phone but is not visible in Homey early 2018. Software version is 8.1.3
According to the app this should work?
Thanks,

i have but the issue is that the complete device doesn’t register the TV goes on/off (according to my homey the last time I put the tv on was 23 days ago :sweat_smile:

(Sorry for the late reply apparently e-mails from homey end up in my spam folder :frowning: )

Same issue here. Does not register on/off.

Hey @balmli
I have some strange behaviour lately

When we enable sleeping mode on our Homey, Homey will turn everything off in the living room, including the Samsung Frame 2022. (it doesn’t check it it’s already off)

But sometimes it seems that the TV is turned on at night and I can’t really tell why, but it’s not turned on by a flow. It will just show it’s turned on by the app.

As I don’t really like to have my TV turned on at night I disabled the app currently, but the behaviour is strange.

I know Homey sometimes does these ghost-on-off behvaiours, saw them too on other devices.

I already tried to disable Power state polling but that didn’t help either.

Any ideas?

I don’t have any recent activity in the app so therefore didn’t send you a report.
Let me know if you need one

Timeline:

Hi. I know that the smarthings app/service can send notifications to connected tv’s. Is this something you are able to implement in your app @balmli ? :slight_smile:

same issue, since the last update Homey cannot detect if TV is on or off. Moreover when I actually try to switch it on or off through Homey, I get “unknown error” message

Mine works (have exactly the same model!), but just a few options are there. Like volume and channels… Did you had more options before?

Hi there,
I have a very old model from 2012: UE40ES5500
I dont get a respons on port 8001 and neither 55000. Does that mean the TV cannot be supported?
I tried adding the TV via the app (lecacy device) but it doesnt find the ip automatically. I can put in the ip adress by myself but then it doesnt respond…

Hello

GREAT APP, pls send your PayPal details…

I was impressed that you had support for Input settings (HDMI1/2/etc) but unfortunately it is not working.

The Homey Pro is connected to the TV and authorized, the API is installed and appears active BUT I do not have a list of keys, apps or inputs to select from.

The power, volume keys work fine, but i cannot do anything in flows as i cannot select keys/sources/apps…

Hopefully you can guide me to resolve the issue.

1 Like

Hello,
i have an QE55Q7FGM and I also added the API.
I can toggle Power, change volume and so on.
But I can’t select an INPUT or type anything in like @Simon_RANSOM

Start an APP like Netflix also works in a flow, but when I choose “Prime Video” to start, I got the message “unauthorized”. Why?

Forgot to mention that I have a model QN800A 75 TV

Hei, Bjørnar! Tusen takk for jobben du gjør med denne og flere andre apper til Homey. Kan du legge til muligheten for å registrere om TVen er i bildemodus(The Frame)?

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Norsk (Norwegian)

Hello!
I have a Samsung UE55NU7102 when I add the TV for the first time, the application turns off for the first time, but after a few seconds it shows that it is on again, but the TV is off. after that it doesn’t regale anymore. Does anyone have an idea what I messed up?
thx

Same problem here. Since I migrated to the pro 2023 my Samsung frame does not respond to the app anymore :frowning: V210

Edit: got it working again by deleting the device, changing the ip address (from router), and added new device. I also deleted all the ‘connections’ from the Frame setting, don’t know if that did anything.

I got a QN90A (2021 model), but I cannot connect to it. Homey and the QN90A are on the same Wi-Fi SSID / same IP subnet, but to me it seems that the TV isn’t even listening to :8001/api/v2 as I cannot reach it even from a web browser, and I cannot find any way to enable this. Homey Pro 2023.

→ I found that it was my Cisco Meraki AP that prevented Homey from contacting the Samsung TV on the same SSID / IP subnet, once I corrected that it worked. I also changed the Samsung TV setting: General | External Device Manager | Device Connection Manager. Access Notification → First Time Only.

Hi there,

I have been using your app successfully with my old Samsung TV (with the smartthings api token setup). I now have a new Samsung TV (the Serif model : QE50LS01BGUXXN) and cannot get it to work. The http://tv ip:8001/api/v2/ = responding.

I also created a new token in the smartthings environment although it seems that the tokens are not device specific (I have tried with both tokens)

I have removed the old tv from both the homey and the smartthings environment just to make sure there could not be a mix up of any sort. Still cannot switch the new TV on or off via homey. While adding the device i need to manually put in the ip address. Homey is on another network but has access to the network where the TV is located.

N.B.
I CAN CONTROL the TV via the smartthings app and the smartting web portal

Any idea what to do next?

I did get my UE46ES8000 to work with the encrypted device.
But now that I am reinstalling it on my HP 23 it identifies the correct model number, but says that it can not be connected with that driver.

I understand that the model is different that what is stated. But since my TV is fitted with an Evolution Kit the model and functions are elevated to a later model; though it still identifies as a UE46ES8000.
(An Evolution Kit is an option that Samsung offered in the past that you can connect to a specified port on your tv. It then gets a better processor, more memory, newer smart TV functions, etc)

So the driver should be able to work with my TV, but doesn’t let me install the device.
Is there a way to bypass this model check, @balmli?