[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

Can you control the TV by the app? Is it just the list of apps that are missing?

The TV must be on for the list of apps to be retrieved from the TV, and it refreshes the list of apps every 5 minutes. So you might have to wait a while.

Thereā€™s a delay so that you cannot switch the TV on / off too fastā€¦ That delay is 30 seconds.

But thereā€™s no 3 minute - delayā€¦ so I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening in your case.

the app works, just no apps in the list, also when i wait longer then 10min. i have make a diagnotic report (pm), maybe helps. thanks!

Hi,

ā€œIt also has an action to switch to/from artmodeā€¦ but it is not tested yet.Please send me a message with your email if you want to be an alpha-testerā€

Would really love this feature. Is it already available? I cannot see it it the current app yet or donā€™t know how to switch to art mode. Can I be a tester?

Best Nick

No, Iā€™m sorry. It is not available

Hi Marcel,

Iā€™ve created a separate app for Samsung soundbars, that is sent Athom for certification.

If you want you can install manually with the command line from this Github repo: https://github.com/balmli/com.samsung.wam

Hi all,

Does someone know a solution for my problem?

My Samsung the frame is toggling between on or off according homey. See added pic

Iā€™m not using homey nor do I have active flows.

What could be the reason?

Hi,

This is actually the network interface of the TV that turns on and off, even if the TV itself is not really on, and the app logs that state.

It doesnā€™t matter much, as long as you donā€™t use the On / off - triggersā€¦

You can enable the SmartThings API (look on top of this page for instructions), and that behaves a bit better.

1 Like

I am having the same problem since the Homey 4.2 update.

My TV is in different flows. Every day the lights is turning on and off randomly. Even at night. Doesnā€™t matter if the TV is on or off.

Before the Homey update I had no problems.

See my answer above.

Which ā€œauthorized scopesā€ do I have to enable for fixing this problem?

If you want a safe way to tell if the TV is on or off, you can use a wall plug with energy measurement.

To create an API, you have to enable certain ā€œauthorized scopesā€, but which is for fixing my problem. I donā€™t want to enable everything if not neccesary.

Is it possible to allow for lower polling times?

Now the minimum is 10 seconds. You want less than 10 seconds ?

Nice app, for me - it works perfectly.
One thing iā€™ve been wondering about - is it possible to push a message to the TV using Homey. For instance: I have an Aqara sensor on the front door. Is it possible to push a message to the TV when the door opens - like ā€œFront door has openedā€?

Hi.
I was wondering if it would be posible to add a trigger (when) that respons to play/pause?
This way I could trigger lights to turn back on when something is paused. (When using the TVs internal apps like Netflix.)
I have a Q70R TV.

I understand. That would have been nice. No, I havenā€™t found any way to do that ā€¦ for newer Samsung TVs.

I will look into it.

Iā€™m trying to achieve the same. Would be great if it could be made possible