[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

Loving this new update on the frame, just wondering if I can verify what the frame does (both 45” and 65”)
——
If frame tv support enabled :

• Turn on - turns on the tv to its last mode, generally art mode.
  • Turn off - hard turn off power.

If frame tv support is disabled (on a frame)

• turn on - turns the tv actually on.
  • turn off - sets the tv to art mode.

——

Honestly I generally use my frame with frame support off - as this seems to replicate the remote.

However when you “turn off” the tv and art mode shows … the homey app after a delay will report the tv as on …

I guess I am just trying to figure out what the expected outcome is?

I don’t see the option to put in my Smartthings API? I have the 75Q90R model.

With frame TV support: it uses long press (5000 ms) when turning on / off. That’s all.

So with a frame TV, and frame tv support disabled, I guess it will switch between art mode and on. But I don’t have a frame tv myself…

1 Like

The SmartThings API is supported in v. 1.7.0.

That’s still in test:

Have you checked the IP address ? Maybe the TV has gotten a new IP address from your router…

You can edit the IP address in advanced settings.

I would also recommend setting a static IP address for your TV.

Thank you, got it working now:)

Is there a possibility to also view the status of the TV in the device overview? Like in the SmartThings app it says if the TV has Netflix open or is currently showing a certain input source?

That did the trick for me forgot to make a reservation!

@balmli, are you considering to add support for wifi enabled Samsung soundbar as well? Or is that not on the list…

Hi,

Yes, I have looked at the API, and think that would be easy to support…

But, as usual, it’s nice to have some beta-testers… :slight_smile:

Hello @balmli ,

you could also support that you can switch directly to the following sources: DVB-S and DVB-T? Is that provided in the API (Smart-Things)?

Thanks

Philipp

The list of input sources for the Set input sources - action is retrieved from the SmartThings API… So it’s a list of sources that the SmartThings API see… connected to your TV.

So not much I can do so you can switch between DVB-S or DVB-T … Have you tried the HDMI - key ?

hdmi is working, but nor for switchuingbetween DVB-S nd T.

thanks

And sending “ARC Antenna Satellite” (KEY_AUTO_ARC_ANTENNA_SATELLITE) and “ARC Antenna Cable” (KEY_AUTO_ARC_ANTENNA_CABLE) does not work ?

How do you switch now ?

i will try it tonight, thanks.

at the moment i send single key button down, then klick ecc. to simultae the remote control.

Thanks! Count me in as a beta tester! :+1:

Hello,

unfortunately KEY_AUTO_ARC_ANTENNA_SATELLITE does not work, it does not happen at all, is ARC not an audio return channel?

thanks

I installed twitch tv, the gaming streaming app but I couldn’t do twitch.tv/activate. What should I do?

Werkte eerste bij mij ook niet. Vond de tv wel maar werkte niet. Na een paar keer de tv verwijderd te hebben en weer toegevoegd werkt het. ff volhouden dus.

thanks for this great app @balmi ! so far everything works, except for the app selection (Launch app) I can’t see anything (2020 model). i have also entered the smartthings token. what am i doing wrong?

thx for help

After turning off the TV via the plug-in, the TV icon goes out, but after 10 seconds it lights up and remains on for 3 minutes , thus preventing the TV from being turned on for 3 minutes. The TV can only be turned on after 3 minutes, when the TV icon goes off again. In the settings, there is a delay in reading the status - 10 seconds. Samsung UE43N5500