[APP][Pro] Roborock Vacuum Cleaners

The builder of this app is the owner of haringsvuurwerk maybe someone can give him a call an contact him so maybe some one else can take over this app

@Arie_J_Godschalk can you do something with this app to work with HP23

Want to add my new roborock q revo

1 Like

Same here

[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

this is your best bet

Yeah already asked the question there

@Mark1541 sorry m8, i currently donā€™t have the time to update another app (especially since i do not own any device for it).

Alright it was a question :slight_smile: understand it !

1 Like

How about we get a device for @Arie_J_Godschalk, then there would be a really good reason for him to fix this app :wink: I am willing to throw 150 Euros into the pot, anybody else willing to help?

As said before in this thread, they seem to have solved it for HA, so technically is must be possible to change this Homey App from using the Xiaomi Home Cloud API and directly communicate with the Roborock Cloud API, therefore allowing to continue to use the actual Roborock App and the camera feature in there.

Pretty funny too see people throwing money into other developers to fix the app, but my own Paypal bank account has received about 40 dollars in 3 years for all the hours of effort in this app. Almost 6000 installs, a e-mail every day asking if there will be a updateā€¦ This whole Athom system sucks in my eyes.

For the record; I am still not happy with Athom. But since iā€™m not willing to configure stuff with rasberryā€™s and other do-it-yourself smart home computers and since Homey is still the only candidate out there, I purchased a Homey Pro 2023. Iā€™ve got a massive smart home house that needs a brain.

My own Roborock stopped functioning soo iā€™m updating it to SDK3 as we speak. Test version will be out there in the next couple of days and once done I will submit it to the app store.

6 Likes

Hello,
If it will work with S8 Iā€™ll can send 20ā‚¬ your way.
Sorry for the fact that people just want to use someone elseā€™s work for free.

Also athom should reward developers that are basically keeping their business alive because the ā€œofficialā€ apps are trash.

Iā€™ve read something about the S8 using different protocols, but not sure. Do you own a 2019 or 2023 Homey Pro? If 2019, try using S7 and see what happens.

If 2023, wait for the update and see what happens :slight_smile:

The new version is currently under review. Testing may be done using the Homey app store. Use this link for the test version that should work with SDK3:

There might be some small errors, just let me know. I canā€™t test all devices since I only own a S7. All the functions are working fine on my S7, as far as I can see.

4 Likes

Combination Xiaomi and app. Noticed some connection drops as well.

Xiaomi blocks somehow somewhy > App crashes > Connection lost.

Need to built a catch for that, trying to reconnect in like 5 minutes.

I see that iā€™ve been Googled alot the last yearsā€¦ :upside_down_face: As some of you might have read, I sell fireworks in december. This month is very busy for me, but when everything is back to normal in january iā€™ll write a major update for this app that includes more stability and support more devices.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome back! :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

1 Like

Just donated to show that weā€™re happy that you are back :nerd_face:. Iā€™m using a Q7 Max. Any idea which model to select to get the best experience with the app?

2 Likes

I have made new donation to this app.

New version is live and should work on the pro 2023. Receiving some errors, but overall it should work. Please report any found errors here, iā€™ll look at them asap.

1 Like

Try the S7, these models are best to compare.

If it works let me know and iā€™ll add a dedicated Q7 device. Same goes for people with the S8.

Dustbin / water emptying will be added in january.

1 Like

Since you mention a rewrite. Any chance to get inspired by the Home-Assistant integration which seems to have a straight forward way to add the robot by entering the Roborock-account credentials?