[APP][Pro] Plugwise App by Plugwise [Adam, Anna, Smile P1] [v3.1.0]

I wish there was negative power to show. the windmills are a total failure so far.

small windgenerators have a very bad reputation and one thing that will not alter that is laws of physics - the law of Betz to begin with.

The Plugwise app has just been updated to version 3.0 and released to the app store.

Main changes are the update to SDK3 to make the app compatible with Homey Pro (Early 2023) and improvements to increase the reliability connecting the Plugwise bridges to Homey.

The latter includes a fallback mechanism that when at a Homey or app restart the bridges are not discovered, the app will try to reconnect to the previously known IP address (if available).

Note: This fall back mechanism will require an initial successful discovery to store the bridge information.
If after the app update the bridge is not reconnected successfully, please try to restart Homey.

1 Like

Great @TedTolboom , thanks for the update.

Regarding the discovery, i would like to put the bridge in a separate IOT VLAN, but the Plugwise app didnā€™t discover the bridge (although homey itself discovered it, because it showā€™s the Plugwise app at the suggested appā€™s). Does this update improve that? Maybe you can add an setting option to change the bridge ip, so i can move it afterwards?

And another request :innocent:. Is it possible to add an action (then) card to assign zoneā€™s to an other schema/schedule? For now I have a workaround with homeyscript emulating the Plugwise web setting page (with htttp post request), but would be nice to have this in the app?

Could you post the http request?

Of course. Itā€™s a rather complex build-up (with url & payload & authentication) with a couple of plugwise idā€™s you need to gather from different placeā€™s:

let url = "http://<your_bridge_ip>/core/rules;id="+rule_id;

let payload = '\<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><rules><rule id="'+rule_id+'"><name><![CDATA['+name+']]></name><template tag="zone_preset_based_on_time_and_presence_with_override"/><contexts><context><zone><location id="'+location_id+'"/></zone></context></contexts></rule></rules>';

const response = await fetch(url, {
      method: 'POST',
      headers: {
          'content-type': 'text/xml',
          'content-length': payload.length,
          'authorization' : 'Basic <your authorization id here>'
      },
      body: payload
  }).then(response => response.text())
  .then(data => {
    console.log('Success:', data);
  })
  .catch((error) => {
    console.error('Error:', error);
  });

So you need to find your rule_id and name for the schema (check <your_bridge_ip>/core/rules), the location_id for the zone (check <your_bridge_ip/core/appliances) and your authorization id (assign a zone to a schema in the plug wise webpage and find this in the http request call using developer mode of your browser).

With this call you can assign 1 zone to a schema. It is possible to assign multiple zoneā€™s at once. In that case repeat the <context><zone><location id=+locationa_id+ /></zone></context> part multiple times in the payload.

1 Like

There is no restriction within the app that the IP range of the bridge should be identical to Homeyā€™s.
So if the communication between VLANs is properly setup, the mDNS broadcast should be received / discovered by Homey. Didnā€™t test it myself yet, but I will also migrate the IOT devices to a IOT VLAN myself. But was intending to include Homey to the same IOT VLAN.

There are still cases where Homey not always discovers the bridges. With Athom we are looking into this issue, as it is also likely impacting other apps. Best change for a successful discovery should be after a fresh restart of Homey.

Once it is discovered successfully on v3.0 of the app, the bridge data is stored and will be used as fallback for future connection attempts.

v3.0 also includes the ability to update the IP address once a address change is announced.
So it should even be possible to shutdown the bridge, change the IP address assignment to the IOT VLAN and plug it back in. Again, when the VLANā€™s are not isolated and discovery communication between VLANs is allowed, the address change notification should be received and the app will reconnect to that address.

I would need to investigate this one. At this moment there will be other feature requests that will be implemented first (e.g. option to set the holiday schedule for all zones and new smile P1 firmware features).

1 Like

Iā€™m almost sure my mDNS broadcast works. As I said, after installing plugwise Adam for first time a few months ago (with Adam in separate IOT VLAN) and choosing to add device on homey, The plugwise app was suggested as search result of ā€˜searching for devicesā€™, so I conclude that the homey itself found the Adam. But after installing the plugwise app and from within the plugwise app searching for the Adam, it could not be found. So is there a difference between the discovery of homey and discovery in plugwise app itself?

Ok, nice to read youā€™re going to look at it. Nice to see that setting holiday schedule for all zones is on the list. I suppose this is halfway the solution to set zoneā€™s to other scheduleā€™s :wink:

No, the Plugwise app uses the same discovery service from Homey.
But as mentioned, not always (specifically when Homey is running for a longer time) the discovery information, as it is reported in the network, is made available within the app space:

Did you try after a fresh restart of Homey?

To manage expectations: no, these are two different solutions :wink:

1 Like

Sorry for not reading your explanation very well. :flushed:

No, the homey was definitely running for a longer time at that moment. Will try this somewhere in the future.
So I just need to move the plugwise Adam to IOT-VLAN, restart the homey and after that the plugwise app wil find the bridge on its new IP-addres.

Great job for the update Ted!
Will the app got more support for other options like when Anna has a fault at the CV or the CV is heating, that stuff?

If you could share which options you are missing, weā€™ll take a look into implementing them into the app.

Waterpressure of the system, error code of the CV and if the CV is heating.

Donā€™t know what the API for info gives.

Version 3.1 of the Plugwise app has just uploaded to the Homey app store awaiting Athomā€™s approval.

Main changes:

• Improvements on the stability reconnecting Homey to the Plugwise bridges (including IP address updates)
  • Addition of three phase power and voltage capabilities for the smile P1 (FW >= 4.4.0)

Reconnection improvements:
Version 3, but in particular version 3.1, of the Plugwise app includes a number of changes to improve the reconnection stability a lot of users experienced.
This version should automatically detect the bridges, including IP address changes and reconnect without issues or a reboot of Homey being required.

If (re)connection issues are not resolved with this issue, please send us a diagnostic report (Homey app > settings > apps > Plugwise > Send diagnostic report)

Smile P1 three phase capabilities:

With the introduction of Firmware version 4.4, the Smile P1 is able to report on the power and voltage levels of the three individual phases in case a three phase electricity facility and a compatible smart meter is installed. For details regarding the preconditions, please check: Wanneer zie ik 3 fasen informatie? : Plugwise

The Smile P1 driver will check if all preconditions are met before adding the three phase power- and voltage-capabilities.

Version 3.1 is released to the the app store: Plugwise App for Homey | Homey

@TedTolboom thanks for making this app, have been using it for a few years now.

Iā€™m currently checking out my network and would like to change the IP-address of the Plugwise components. But I canā€™t seem to find a way to change the currently used address in Homey.

In your last message/update you state: This version should automatically detect the bridges, including IP address changes and reconnect without issues or a reboot of Homey being required.

Am I overlooking something or do I need to reboot the app first for this to work? Or is re-adding them all the only option?

Edit: Seem to have found a workaround (for now). Not sure what method you use to find the device. But it seems (m)DNS related or keeps cache somewhere. Changing hostname seems to break the ip-change detection. Also, an app reboot is needed at all my tests. I would prefer a method to specify the address manually.

I use HomeAssistant because you can set it up so that when the kettle switches on, I can turn on the fan in the bathroom. Couldnā€™t you integrate that?

Like Willie_Plompen I would appreciate it if it was possible to trigger a flow on ā€œTap waterā€ status. I would also like to create a flow to turn on the fan when tapwater is on.

1 Like

I also agree on the fact trigger cards for central heating and hot water on/off are needed, but I donā€™t know if that is sufficient for controlling the fan. Especially if hot water is also used for other purpose like bathroom sink or kitchen.
I solved this to trigger the flow to turn the fan on based on humidity change in bathroom and to check if hot water is on with logic card as AND condition.

1 Like

Trying to reconnect Anna first the app was showing the Anna but no connection. So i removed Anna.
Trying to add it finds it, but it keeps timing out on with connectiong.
Removed app completly, restarted the app.
Trying to add the Anna, but now it says canā€™t find device.
In the plugwise app Anna is available.
am i missing something? Did you receive the logs from the app or you need the code for it?

Iā€™ve read this thread at least twice, but couldnā€™t find if I can purchase Adam SA and turn the heating on and off with Homey, without thermostat. Can I set a temperature in Homey until it matches the temperature in a zone with a custom temperature sensor (like Aqara or something else)?

Price difference between Adam SA vs Adam HA + Lisa is about ā‚¬180, so need to be sure about that.