[APP][Pro] Piggy Bank

Thanks, I got the reports.
It’s been a bit busy lately so I am a bit delayed on updates, but I will add the devices to the upcoming test version within a few days.

Thank you for your GitHub sponsorship, it was very nice of you. I’ll do my best to improve the app and make it even more versatile and user-friendly in the future. If you have any bright improvement ideas please let me know and I will see what I can do.

Well nothing to Get you rich but at least a token of appreciation:)

Take your time, no rush, it’ll be exciting to see.

I’m currently working on implementing and understanding Piggy Bank logic and opportunities on my 3 Homey Pro’s in 3 different locations so the potential is there:)

I I’ve been in IT for a long time (entrepreneur and technical) but on these things I’m a total newb so you might risk a few questions on your apps moving forward:)

Have a great day☀️
Håvard

Sendt fra Outlook for iOS

1 Like

@frodeheg

Hi.
Prices don’t seem to update. Thought it was just my homey that had issues, but tried a restart and still the same prices. Been stuck on the same price at least all day.

This is odd, I just got a similar report from someone else using price region NO4, but it seems fine for me (using price region NO3). Are you using NO4 too? Can you please enter the app settings and look at the price history graph and check when it stopped updating prices?

I’m region east. Not sure about the number.

The one thing you have in common with the other person is that on the exact same time this problem occurred there was negative power prices within the next 24 hours…

Thus I believe there is a bug in the app with regards to handling negative power prices… I will take a look tonight.

Thank you!

Sorry, I did not have time to look at it, but I got a report from another user that the prices got repaired again if he switched back and forth between different price settings, apparently this made it come out of the erroneous behavior. Please let me know if this works for you while you wait for a fix.

That didn’t work for me I’m afraid.
Not sure if it’s relevant anymore, but the Norwegian utility bill app is also stuck on the price from 4 days ago.

Is it possible to add a feature where the charge plan is available as a variable to be used on a notification card?

Ok, did you try to change the price region back and forth? I think that may be the only price setting that may reset the state.

This has previously been requested here: Enhancement: Make a "charge Session" tag, JSONstring? · Issue #95 · frodeheg/no.sparegris · GitHub
Will a “Global Token” json string as suggested in that ticket work for you?

Can’t believe I missed this. I had my price settings as external. Fetching the price from Norwegian utility bill app. That’s the one who stopped updating, hence Piggy bank didn’t get new prices
Changed it to spot. Question. Does Piggy banks 22-6 grid prices apply for weekends?

Piggy Bank supports using the night price for weekends, however, this option is hidden for Norway because I thought it was not applicable here…

Do you want me to unlock it? Which grid provider is this btw?

Yes, I want this. Elvia has night prices on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. So should be the case for quite a few users.

hmmm… that one is new… and possible trickier… because holidays vary between countries…
Adding that will take some time, but I have exposed the weekend off-grid feature in the test version now. (note: you have to enable it from the price section.)
For holiday off-peak please follow this ticket.

1 Like

Well, this is your expertise. Only thing I can think of is to make use of the holiday app for Homey, and controll it through flows.
Anyway, there are no holidays in Norway until Christmas, so plenty of time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, this would be exactly what I wanted :blush:

1 Like

@frodeheg

Hi again. Price is off with like 7 øre today. Does the weekend setting inklude Friday by any chance?

Uhm… no it should not…

const weekDay = localTime.getDay();
    const isWeekend = weekDay === 5 || weekDay === 6;

Hmm… should this check for 6 and 0 by any chance? :woozy_face:

(fixed at Ticket #249 - seems like I gave you a long weekend this week, please enjoy :rofl: )

Haha, seems you figured it out. Back to a short weekend next week then :pleading_face: