[APP][Pro] Piggy Bank

I believe you are trying to read the hidden variable “Prisnivå”. Instead you can read it like this:

Ok, but I’m not trying to get it on Homeys timeline. I’m trying to get it to Home Assistant via MQTT.
I get it if it is outside of your expertice. But I think I can use the trigger and sendt it via MQTT app.
Thank you

Yes, that was the idea, my point was just that using this flow you would get the price point in words instead of numbers. (I don’t have the MQTT app installed so I just defaulted to something simple)

Hi

I am completely new to Homey Pro and have connected a Heavy Duty switch to the hot water tank. Have downloaded piggy bank, but do not understand the settings to make this work. The way it behaves now with the original settings, it does not switch on the hot water tank when the electricity is cheapest. Is there a guide on how to set it up so that it turns on the hot water tank when the electricity is cheapest? Gjerne på norsk :slight_smile:

Hi, I am working on a tutorial that will make the setup process a bit smoother in a bit, but this is not complete yet.

• First of all you need to add the heavy duty switch to the list of controllable devices (Under the settings menu “Devices” → “Controllable devices”).
  • Then you need to make sure the device is controlled under the currently selected mode. Go to the settings menu “Devices” → “Modes and priorities”. For the heavy duty switch select it to be “Controlled” for each of the modes you will be using (the modes never change by themselves, you only change mode by using a flow, so if you don’t use this then you only have to do this for the selected mode)
  • Then you need to enable price control under the settings menu “Devices” → “Price control”. There you select mode “Automatic”, then configure your preferences under the “price control magic”.
  • Then, at the same page, for the “Dirt cheap” and “Cheap” tabs, select the action for the heavy duty switch to be “Turn on”.
  • Then, at the same page, for the “Expensive” and “Extremely expensive” tabs, select the action for the heavy duty switch to be “Turn off”.
  • For normal price select it to be on or off according to your preference.
  • Click save.

Hope this helps.

I have enabled my easee charger in your app. But it the charging stops and starts all the time , even when I have ordered the cheapest 12 hours and 4 hours is marked in the app

There are multiple things that will cause this kind of behaviour:

• Having a very restrictive hourly limit will result in more toggling since that will keep you very close to the limit throughout the hour.
  • If the easy charger toggle time is set too short then the app may try to reduce power even though the charger has not responded to previous reduction yet, which result in turning off erroneously. You may try out the override settings at the charging page to see if it helps with a longer toggle time.
  • If you at the override page set the “pause” charger limit to say 8 Amp then it will never turn off, it will never go below 8 Amps (but then at the risk of overshooting the power target unless you have other items the app can shut down.)

ok, but whats the recommended settings? I saw something about putting the easee charger in “block” mode, but i really don’t know what that means

Not sure what that means either, but it sounds like something you have to do from the Easee app and not the Piggy app.
The recomended settings are the default settings… however these may not be good for all people, so that’s why you can override them.

• The first setting, the hourly limit, You have to select something yourself that you are comfortable with. If having it too low causes the charging to take too long or you end up with too little power then increase the limit.
  • The second setting: Easee charger toggle time: Try to adjust the Amps in the Homey Easee app and see how long it takes for the homey meter reader to notice the difference. Set the toggle time to at least this + 5 sec.
  • If it’s not enough you can try to increase the pause current to come above the on/off threshold for your car. If you’re only charging at night then this should not be a problem.
1 Like

Piggy bank controlling a Fibaro smart plug. Its a heater in the plug, its running daytime, and off when expensive hours.

Worked for months.
Now I can manuel turn fibaro plug on, after 2-3 minutes Piggy Bank turn it off, anyway day time and power price. Could it bee a update that mess things up.

Log ID: 2023-06-26T16:00:21.097Z
App version 0.20.33

+16:0:21.097: ----- ANALYZING DEVICE -----
+16:0:21.099: Report type: Device is not being turned on/off
+16:0:21.127: Device name: Vifte ovn
+16:0:21.129: Driver Id: homey:app:com.fibaro:FGWPx-102-PLUS
+16:0:21.131: Found onoff cap: onoff
+16:0:21.132: Found temp cap: false
+16:0:21.134: Device reliability: 1
+16:0:21.137: Capabilities: measure_power,meter_power,onoff
+16:0:21.140: Options for ‘measure_power’: {“value”:0,“lastUpdated”:“2023-06-26T15:55:30.547Z”,“type”:“number”,“getable”:true,“setable”:false,“title”:“Effekt”,“desc”:“Effekt i watt (W)”,“units”:“W”,“decimals”:2,“chartType”:“stepLine”,“id”:“measure_power”,“options”:{}}
+16:0:21.147: Options for ‘meter_power’: {“value”:4414.43,“lastUpdated”:“2023-06-16T14:17:58.926Z”,“type”:“number”,“getable”:true,“setable”:false,“title”:“Energi”,“desc”:“Energiforbruk i kilowattimer (kWh)”,“units”:“kWh”,“decimals”:2,“chartType”:“spline”,“id”:“meter_power”,“options”:{}}
+16:0:21.150: Options for ‘onoff’: {“value”:false,“lastUpdated”:“2023-06-26T15:55:29.779Z”,“type”:“boolean”,“getable”:true,“setable”:true,“title”:“Slått på”,“desc”:null,“units”:null,“id”:“onoff”,“options”:{}}
+16:0:21.153: — ANALYZING DEVICE DONE —
+16:0:50.827: Endringene har blitt lagret.
+16:0:55.416: Email:
Comment:Fibaro smart plugg(Vifte ovn) blir skrudd av med Sparegris etter manuelt slått på. Har funkert i månedsvis.
+16:0:55.458: Sending log

There has not been any updates to the Piggy Bank app in over a month, so if anything has changed it must be something else. Have you changed the Piggy settings? Did you reduce the power limiter? If you enter the Piggy settings right after the device turned off then the limiter that caused the device to power off will be blinking red from the settings start page for a few minutes.

Any possibility to set status indicator on insight to show cheap, normal etc? I like to check and see if everything is working as it should, but have to go into insight to check. Would love to have it on the tile itself if at all possible :blush:

I believe you are looking for this:
It’s already in the insights device.

Yeah, but don’t want to go into it. Would like it on the tile as a quick glance if possible

Hi mroek,
Im using the Piggy Bank app + the Easee charger facing no problems at all. App seems solid and well thought through. If I understand your questions correctly they can all be easily solved + a lot more - with the App and Homey Pro - I have not scripted anything, and just used everything “out of the box” without issues.
Brgds
Håvard

I had simular behaviour as you describe with my Høiax (hot water tank), and found that the problem was in my settings for behaviour when price levels change between the different options like dirt cheap, normal, expensive etc. I spent a lot of time all over the pklace like Tibber, Høiax, MyUplink etc but the price modes in the Piggy Bank app solved the issue in a second.*

To test: simply have the settings not react to change in price levels and see if that pins down the problem for you.

Brgds and good luck
Håvard

First of all - thanks to @frodeheg for what seems to me to be great work, with even more potential. Im also using Høiax at my summerhouse and that one really does the job nicely to!

So: Maybe a stupid question but configuring PiggyBank with Tibber Pulse and Easee charger gives me no problems. But all Philips Hue devices gives an error message saying “you have chosen a unit that the app has not been verified to handle…etc” - unsure what this actually results in - but my peace of mind surely does noe like it, and it gives me the same error on aprox. 15 different philips hue devices (a total of about 30 PH devies).

I also get the same error on several other devices like fibaro and a few more, but Philip Hue beeing so big in this world would be nice to have working nicely.

Any ideas on what can be done? - does it make me loose out on thins - or is it only estetical (not to be underestimateded):slight_smile:
Im currently running Homey Pro 2019 in 2 locations + a Homey Pro 2023 in a third location.

Brgds and thanks
Håvard

1 Like

@Radon , ah, yes that would be a nice place to have it.

Though, I am not sure if it is possible to get the status text there.
I do know that if the device have a colour setting capability the colour can be shown there, but I do not want such a capability to be visible elsewhere, so if it is possible to hide it from the normal capability screen I can see if having the price point colour as an option is possible. I don’t have time to look at it currently, but I created this ticket to look at it whenever possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @Lillevik.

Devices that get the warning you specified may work, and if they do then it’s nothing to worry about. It’s just a warning I added to make sure that everyone understand that there is a legit reason for any problem that may occur.

In order to remove the warning you need to

1. Go to the app settings and
  2. Click the “Help” menu
  3. Select the menu choice “The app cannot find my device”
  4. Click “Report a problem”
  5. Click “Select report” and select “Experimental unit is working” (or other report type if applicable)
  6. Click “Select unit” and select the Philips Hue device / other unsupported devices
  7. Click “Generate report”
  8. Click “Send”
    Once I get the device report I will add the device type to the list of supported devices and, if applicable, fix any problems controlling the devices.

Though, using piggy to control led-lights might not be very desirable as blinking lights are both annoying and have little effect on the power used, so in a general context it’s not something I would recommend.

Hi, and thanks for your swift response!
You of course have a good point - do we actually need this, or does it actually cause us any problems.
Well - no - not other then the estethic frustration + i was hoping this could help with overall better control over reporting and actual power usage on different devices. Please note the exact same error is on all Philips Hue devices i have tried and thats about 20-30 different lights and devices.

Always nice when you setup an app or service and the yellow and red warning signs are NOT present:-)

Report i now sent as you explained - let me know if i should have added the device to the app config first and i will just do it again.
<Brgds
Håvard

1 Like