[APP][Pro] Piggy Bank

P.S. How long is the time limit from when a device turnes off until it is turned back on?

The time to wait before turning on again varies depending on how much time it is left of the hour.
> 30 minutes left = 5 minutes waiting
< 5 minutes left = 1 minute waiting
linear interpolated in between.
(you can think of it like trying to squeeze the last out of the remaining power in cheap hours :wink: )

Ah, I see. Sounds like a good solution.

Sorry for naging you. Think I just figured out what happened.
While browsing around the settings, making some adjustments, I realized the app automatically set the limit on the home page down to the lowest level. Step one 0-2kwh.

So if you save settings while changing something else, it seems there is a risk of altering the limit setting.

You’re right, When I moved the maxPower setting to a global setting I unfortunately did not move all the code that was required, so only the test version should have been affected. I have fixed it now. You will get the update shortly. Thanks for the help.

@dooniem I just remembered the greatest reason this app need to do temperature control as well as as onoff.

The reason is that the app has the effect of being able to turn off a device for a very long time and as such, you would want a frost guard to override the off state if the temperature gets too low. So it is mainly for safekeeping. I don’t want to be blamed for creating the app that broke all the pipes in your house when you were away for the winter holidays.

Some of the situations it can turn off a device for a very long time are:

• If it is dead cold outside and your heaters are using so much power that your lowest priority devices will constantly stay in off state. (e.g. when you have set the max power too low)
  • If price control detects insane prices for a long time (I guess this one is not for you, but nevertheless for people with varying power prices the price control is essential as this app would strive to have all devices turned on continuously otherwise)

Anyways, the next version will have an option to disable temperature control as requested, but the frost guard will still turn on the devices because I don’t like you to hate me for destroying your pipes :wink:

I have to reach out yet again.

I have set the app to handle price points internally. Settings are default 10% above/below average price for the day.

As you can see, the average price for today is 385 øre.
385-10%=346,5
This means that all prices before 7am today should qualify as cheap.

However, when looking at the insights, the price point has not been changes in 2 days.
What am I doing wrong here? Yes, I have Norwegian Utility Bill installed.

Ok, a new version is out for testing that includes:

• Option to disable Temperature control
  • Option to disable Price point control
  • Temperature control can now be set with 0.5 degrees accuracy
  • New and improved user interface
  • Various fixes

It could be that the “Grunnlag for prissammenligning” is set to something else than the average price today. Please check that this is set according to your preferences.

EDIT: Thinking some more about it, that should not happen since you probably have set some minimum numbers of cheap and expensive hours…

Thus, the only thing I can think of is that something must be wrong with the fetching of prices from the other app. I will investigate this tomorrow, need some sleep. have been working on the app all night :wink:

Was not expecting an answer this time of day, so of course. Enjoy your sleep :wink:

Yes, the “grunnlag…” Is set to average for today.

And yes, I left the standard 4 minimum cheap/expensive prices.

@Torbjorn_Melbye
I have located the issue and added a warning in the app configuration page that will explain you what to do. You need version 0.11.5 to see the warning. I hope the new warning will guide you through the problem so it resolves.

Stumbled upon this app. I just started using “Power of the hour” app 2 day ago, and was thinking that in addition to staying below a ceratin kwh level, I’d also like to factor in prices and device priorities. POTH has three modes “normal”, “light saving” and “heavy saving”, which will trigger three different flows for me, where I set three different “scenes” with varying temp settings.

I’m trying to get away from Tibber black box ML which is nice but too little control. I realize that if Tibber is to control Easee for me, then it may conflict with what POTH (or PiggyBank app if I switch to it) tries to do. Like with Tibber it will charge my car in cheap hours and at the same time see to that my fuze don’t overload. Now I have defined an artificially low fuse size to simulate max 10kwh, so Tibber will throttle charge amp to stay below. However, if I let Easee eat up available power, then POTH/PiggyBank will trigger switching off heating, and then Tibber will give Easee more juice :slight_smile:.

There are a lot of priorities to make. On friday I’ll have an electricial install smart switch for my WarmWaterHeater which is an excellent slow load to control. Looking forward to that. Then car charger and waterHeater will be the stuff to turn off first, before room heating. But at the same time I want the car to charge to a certain % before morning, and I don’t want cold water for the shower next morning, so there need to be safety thresholds built in, and eventually send an alert to the owner that “no can do” if either the house will be too cold, the car will not be charged enough, the water will be lukewarm or we’ll blow the 10kwh limit. Then the owner will have to choose between evils, most likely he’d want to just jump to next step of the ladder and consume more…

Anyway, looking forward to trying out this app!

Thanks. Please note though that the app is under heavy development so if it’s not meeting your demands it very likely that it will within a short amount of time. The test version of the program is usually far ahead of the stable version so if you were to test right now I would recommend going for the test version. Feature requests are very welcome and as you can see earlier in this thread the Easee charger cannot be found by the app yet so I am dependent on some user assistance to get it added. Please let me know if you want to assist with this and I can send you a personal message about how to assist if you want to speed up the process as I am still waiting for user feedback before I can add support for Easee.

This hour, 9-10, is the cheapest hour of the day. Still the app does not change it’s price point. It never changes.

Is there nothing I have to set up to make the app fetch prices form “Norwegian Utility Bill”?
In that app, I feed it prices from tibber via flow.

@Torbjorn_Melbye , did you enter the setup and find the following instructions?
You need to install the test version of the app as this is not supported in the stable distribution yet.

I have the latest test version installed.

Yes, I have installed the app, and added the device (several actually).

Renamed the device, is than an issue?

Your app does not seem to get any price info:

Hmmm… It is possible that there is an issue when you have several devices. I can see from the source code of the other app that it only gives electricity prices from device nr. 0:

async getPrices(): Promise<void> {
        const driver = this.homey.drivers.getDriver('UtilityCosts');
        const devices = driver.getDevices();
        if (devices.length > 0) {
            // @ts-ignore
            return devices[0].getPrices();
        }
    }

If the other app needs to fix the API then I will send a pull-request but I have to investigate a bit first

As you can see from the code above the price is only given to me if you have devices of type ‘UtilityCosts’

So if you only have devices of type ‘UtilityCostsDevice’ then I will not get anything. I am not sure about the difference because the two devices looks identical.

I did send a question in the forum for the other app so we’ll see how to proceed from there.

Well, the app has one master device, and slave devices so you don’t have to set up prices for each device.
So I have one master device, that shows me the cost of my entire house (probably the one you fetch prices from), and several slave devices to show me the cost of individual devices in my house.
And that would be the difference of the two device types.

Edit: Just saw that you already got your answer in the other forum.

Thanks, but that is very odd. I have added some more error reporting that will set your device to unavailable with instructions on how to fix it if prices are not fetched but it sounds like you already have installed what you should so it makes me wonder what kind of message you will get from the insights device.

I did add a debug button just for you in version 0.11.9

Please enter the log page (you can find it at the bottom of the page called “missing devices” in the help menu)
In the log-page press the button “Info fra Strømregning” and send me a personal message with whatever you get in the log window.