[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Hi again.

Make sure you don’t have any other phone with the app started or any open webbrowser with the developer site up while you try to pair a device.

If this does not help I suggest 11 min ptp, if needed multiple times.

I had the developer zigbee page open. Closed it but still no succes, same error. WIll do a PTP just in case. And give you an update after. Thanks so far

I added it now as a homey zigbee device, and it is recognized as a Philips hue device???

And for the second one I get a status:duplicate_device error

Hi again @KvM. Can you please send a crash report from the app and a diagnostic from Homey after trying again? Add the diagnostic code and your name to the app crash log.

Just did a PTP (15min) for another attempt. Will send you the reports when Homey is rebooted

After PTP I added 2 more bulbs without issues. The last one gave duplicate device error after 2 failed attempts (first 2 attempts timed out, even when resetting the bulb using the dimmer switch).

Code I generated is 06922919-e6f6-4cd0-949a-d1d1b6550c7d

Athom crash report code is included.

Appreciate your time to look into it.

Worked like a charm! Thanks:)

1 Like

Hi @johan_bendz,

For a couple of days I have a Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor (SML002). It is not working now and then.
After first installation I had no motion alarms, but I could update the settings of the sensor. After removing and a reinstallation it worked fine for a couple of days. Now there is still connection with my Homey but I don’t get any updates anymore. What can I do?

Hi @Ralf_Groot, you can try:

• activate pair on the sensor (do not remove it first)
  • change battery

If this does not help I can’t do much more right now. I have released a Firmware 5 version that hopefully works better (and since I have I am now unable to update the Firmware 4.2 version).

Hi @johan_bendz,
It didn’t work out to activate pair mode to reconnect the sensor so I removed it. Battery is brand new. Let’s see how long it will last now.
If the problem still exists after the update I will let you know. Thanks so far and succes with programming the new version.

Ralf

Hi @johan_bendz,
since 2 days one of my Philips Dimmer Switch doesn’t work anymore. I guess he lost connection.
Do you know if there is a way to „heal“ the connection problems.
With battery powered Z-Wave devices you can wake up the device and then „heal“ the route in Developer.
Is there something equal with Zigbee devices? Zigbee devices connected to Homey is something new for me.

Or is there an other way without to remove the device?

Remove the power from the device for some time?

Yes, without success.

No.
Homey-Energy says: OK
Device properties: 100 %
Battery measured: 3,04 V
Also the same behavior with a new battery.

Also I tried to restart the Dimmer Switch (hold all 4 buttons until the led blinks green/red) without success.

At least I had to remove the Switch and ad it again.

Thanks for the hints.

1 Like

Hi all,

just bought by first Hue device: Aurelle rectangular panel
I can’t connect it to Homey, only a generic device is found (on / off is working).

Homey v4.2
Any idea? Tried it several times already…

thx Daniel

@RoyWissenburg thx I tried but receive this:

That light is indeed added into the Test app which is only for Homey v5 as that version is rewritten for Homey SDKv3.
unfortunately that makes it that the stable app can’t be updated anymore, so you’ll have to either wait for Homey v5 is out to stable, or take the plunge and update to the experimental v5 update, and hope nothing goes wrong for you/you don’t have any zigbee devices/apps that haven’t been rewritten to SDKv3 yet (like aqara)

1 Like

@Caseda ah now i understand. I have to wait, I’m using a lot of Aqara stuff. thx for your help

Hi all,
I’m trying to connect a White and Color E27 but I don’t see this in the supported list.
I do see the BT variant but not the “old” no BT version.
Is this correct or just missed as I see almost every Hue lamp in the list.

Thanks!

Hi @Y_D, what version of the app are you using and if you add the device as generic, what product ID does it report?