[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Currently on 5.0,o rc 34.
Philips Hue 2.0.7.

Bulb 14 candle white ambiance can not find by the app.
Already did a reset with Hue dimmer several times. :wink:

Hi @Wout-1976, what’s the product ID for the unit? (connect the unit as generic Zigbee and look in device settings).

Perhaps a stupid question.
How can i put the HUe lamp in learning mode?

( i did search but did not find the aswere)

Hue bulbs are set into learning mode either by resetting them using Hue hub or a remote like the Dimmer Switch. A Hue bulb that is not connected to a smart controller should be reset and will announce itself to any controller when powered on, if not one will have to reset it using above method.

1 Like

Reset i already knew Roy. But not that the reset should put them in learning mode.

After trying several times and reset the Zigbee network it works again! :+1:

1 Like

hi @johan_bendz,

I’ve been trying to add the Resonate Wall lamp, but it seems to be added as a Unknown Zigbee Device only. I’m running Homey version 5.0.0-rc.34 and Philips Hue Zigbee app version 2.0.8.

Looking at the product ID (1746430P7) of the lamp I’m trying to add, I see that it differs from the Resonate product ID in the list at the top of the topic.

Any suggestions how to use the full potential of the lamp? I can now only switch it on and off. Thanks!

Hi @Bob_Jooren, it looks like the difference is just the color of the device. I will add your product ID to the app.

1 Like

Will this solve the functionality / Unknown Zigbee Device issue then?

Hi again. Yes, the device will work as it should after the update and re-pairing.

1 Like

I’m thinking about buying the outdoor motion sensor, but now that I’m reading your comments, I’m kind of unsure, does the outdoor motion sensor not work well with this philips app?

Hum ok, I’ll try one than anyway, I need a motion sensor that can be placed on the rain.

Just another question if you may help me, does this sensor trigger with human being only, or birds and smaller animals can trigger this sensor to?

@johan_bendz
I made a github request to add the Filament G125 (E27) (aka Globe XL)

I do have Homey 4.2.0 with Philips Hue Zigbee app 1.6.1
If the device is already added in the latest Philips Hue Zigbee app 2.0.10, then ignore my request :smile:

Hi @rvdeijk. it’s not. I will add it to my todo list :slight_smile:
Thanks for the request, I appreciate you took the effort to register an issue at github!

1 Like

Ouhhh :sweat_smile:
I thought you were using it outside.
Ok, thanks anyway!

1 Like

@johan_bendz Blinking aka flashing lights does it have to be implemented by athom or can you implement it in your hue zigbee app? Just wondering.

Hi there @gregory75.
Hmm, I will have to look into that. I will have to do something to make it happen no matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a pm asking me how I handle Dimmer Switch and dimming of lights.
This is how I handle it :smiley:

First I create a Logic variable - name it “Dim up/down status” and make it a Yes/No type with default value of No

Then I create five flows.

Flow 1 - Dim up start
When: Dimmer Switch Card - Dim buttons - Dim-up hold
Then: Flow Card - Start “Dim up 20%”

Flow 2 - Dim down start
When: Dimmer Switch Card - Dim buttons - Dim-down hold
Then: Flow Card - Start “Dim down 20%”

Flow 3 - Dim up 20%
When: Flow Card - This flow is started
And: Logic Card - “Dim up/down status” is equal to Yes
Then (first card): Select your Hue Light device - Set relative dim-level - set dim level to +20% and set During to 1 sec
Then (second card): Flow Card - Start “Dim up 20%” after 1 sec

Flow 4 - Dim down 20%
And: Logic Card - “Dim up/down status” is equal to Yes
Then (first card): Select your Hue Light device - Set relative dim-level - set dim level to -20% and set During to 1 sec
Then (second card): Flow Card - Start “Dim down 20%” after 1 sec

Flow 5 - Dim stop
Then: Logic Card - Set “Dim up/down status” to No

While setting up the cards you will have to save without setting all cards and go back later to be able to set what flow to start in what card since the flows must exist before pointing to them.

You can tweak the experience by changing duration and %, Good luck and have fun :smiley:

1 Like

That would be great!!! :+1:t4:

Sorry for the stupid question, but I only have the option “dim up” and not “dim down”. I also cannot negate the action card.
I could only use the card “Set relative dimming level” and set a negative value. :question:

Edit: This post was written in mental absence! :joy: