[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

This was something that was expected and that’s happened, because the BR30 isn’t supported by the Philips Hue, without the bridge yet. So no need to post a screenshot of this message.
But I was of the opinion that the bulb should have been recognized as a generic Zigbee bulb and should have worked. However, I’ve never tried it myself.

Hi

I use the outdoorsensor SML004 and i have change the Min report interval for lux (s) to 1 sec and de Max report interval for lux (s) to 60 sec.

However the senor report only the lux each 5 min, how can i solve this issue?

Looking frowart to an answer.

\Gertjan

When the lux changes, it is reported immediately. So in order to test the 5 minute interval, the lux shall be the same for more than 5 minutes. When I tested, after 5 minutes the lux has changed, so I was not able to keep the lux at the same value. How did you test it?
By the way, how does it influence your use case? After all when the same lux is reported after 5 minutes, the lux was the same value after 1 minute.

Hi,

The sensor isn’t respording immediately when the lux value changed that is the issue, I need to wait 5 minutes before there is an new value and i want tot refresh the value more often.

My SML004 firmware is 2.53.6 and the app Philips Hue, without the bridge, is on v2.0.51 and updates every second when the light intensity changes.
The value for “Min interval for lux” and “Max interval for lux” is 1 and 60.

Here is everyting the same

Correction, I have 2.0.51 experimental, but that will be the same as the 2.0.51 regular release.
No idea why your sensor does not detect lux changes faster.

I’ve the same problem like @Gertjan_Schuttert. The difference is that I’m using the old SML002 sensor with firmware version 6.1.1.27575. According this page, it’s the latest firmware.
Yesterday I tried several times to change the lux interval with no success. The interval is still at 5 minutes.
But maybe there is a difference in how the sensors were added in Homey. Because the outdoor sensor can be added as an “Outdoor Sensor” or as an “Outdoor Occupancy Sensor”. Mine is added as an “Outdoor Sensor”. And yours @Gertjan_Schuttert and @Rmb?

I have tried to added the senor as “Outdoor Sensor” and as “Outdoor Occupancy Sensor” but I still have the same problem

Mine is connected as an Outdoor Occupancy Sensor, I could not get it connected as an Outdoor Motion Sensor. That was about a year ago.

Hm, unfortunately no clear result. I’m a bit shy about deleting the sensor and adding it as an “Occupancy Sensor” because I use the lux measurement in many flows.
Maybe one day when I have a bit more time.

@Gertjan_Schuttert, if you changed the interval in the advanced device settings, did you wake up the sensor first (with the button on the back) before pressing save?

If i take al ook in homey tools the driver that will be uses for the sensor is the SML002-occupancy is this the same at yours?

no i din’t try it in that way, will that works?

All Zigbee and Z-Wave battery-operated devices must be woken up so that changed device settings can be submitted to the devices. With some devices, you have to keep pressing the button after waking up to keep the device awake. However, this differs from device to device and you have to test it yourself.

I now see that my sensor is slow too :disappointed_relieved:, as switching on the light on and off manually introduced a motion alarm, and then the lux is sent too.
My driver is homey:app:com.philips.hue.zigbee:SML002-occupancy

I have try this as well but it won’t work

Hi Dirk,
I’m using also a SML002, also added as outdoor sensor, but with firmware 6.1.0.25261.
I get lux updates every minute as entered in the settings.

Hm, strange.
Did you migrate the sensor from HP19 to HP23 (you have that, don’t you?)? Or did you add the sensor new to HP23?

That’s why we are here. :slight_smile:
No, I started from scratch with HP23 one year ago, but I think I re-installed the SML002 6-9 month ago.

Here the details of the device:

Lux settings:

and 3 sequential lux values:
grafik

grafik

grafik

1 Like