[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

I had the same problem, re-adding solved the problem. In addition I had to do it also with the indoor sensor.

1 Like

Hi @petomei and anyone else having issues with the motion sensors in firmware 5.

What you can try is:

1. Interview the device, test if it works. > Homey Developer Tools
  2. remove batteries for a while, test if it works.
  3. pair the device again, Homey should say it’s already included, restart the Philips Hue Zigbee app, test if it works.
  4. remove the device and pair it again, test if it works.

If you have tried all of the above and the sensor still does not work please send me a crash report from the app.

Hi @johan_bendz, regarding to the philips motion sensors with the v5 and the new app version the red led signal is off and doesn’t blink if movement is recognized after pairing.

is it possible to activate it again?

Hi @Joka, yes it’s by default disabled in firmware 5.
I am looking into adding a setting to let users enable/disable the led.

I also had issues with the indoor motion sensor after the update last week.
And the temperature and brightness worked.
But the brightness reacted immediately as soon as you put your hand above it and removed it again.
After remove it and re-adding it back to Homey, the brightnes will only update after a few minutes. Is not a problem, but it was strange.

Hi, @johan_bendz or any others! Is there any way to dim Hue smooth with Homey with press/release from buttons, without using combersome apps like Transitions? For instance a “stop current dim” flow card? Thanks for your effort on the app!

There are several ways to do that without extra apps.

You can use the relative dim flow card, each push can dim up or down x% and using durantion the transition between the levels will be smooth.

You can also create a loop flow that starts an other flow that dims x% and then one more etc. before starting each dim level it checks if a variable it true/false. And for each push on your button the variable flips.

and so on :slight_smile:

Thanks for your quick reply, @johan_bendz. I have tried your first suggestion allready, but pressing the button 5-6 times to dim sufficiently is not ideal when you want it extra bright or extra dark.

Perhaps your other suggestion will work better as a traditional “hold to dim and release to stop dim” approach? Will it work to cancel the loop flow on release, stopping the dim that way?

With the Hue Dimmer Switch these flows works really smooth. Because the Dimmer Switch sends a dim up/down pulse again and again.

Yes, but it does not solve it for other buttons / remotes. Any suggestions there? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @johan_bendz,
I reported the problem stated in the quotes bug some time ago. Today I added some new GU10 BT White Ambiance lights, and I run into the same problem. Do I do something wrong or is it still a bug?

As I do not know which switch you are using, I extra mentioned the Hue Dimmer Switch in the post.
And if I had another solution, I would let you know. But I am interested in a solution myself.

Regarding Motion Sensors that does not report motion after upgrade to firmware 5!

EDITED AFTER VALUABLE FEEDBACK!

Some users with Hue Motions/Outdoor Sensors might experience issues reporting motion after upgrading to Homey Firmware 5 / SDK3 version of the Philips Hue Zigbee app.

I am working on finding a fix for this, but so far it looks like the sensors needs to be removed/re-paired to work again.

I know how relying on sensors to work everyone is and what a pain it is to handle broken flows when a device has to be re-paired. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi Johan, your engagement is really impressive! Fortunately I bought a HUE bridge weeks ago and 'm really happy with the coexistence of the HUE bridge, Homey in combination with your app and the mixed possibilities.

Question: Is it possible to pair the motion sensor with HUE + Homey parallel? Or do I have do switch to HUE for the firmware update of the sensors?

THX in advanced!

Nope, because the Hue bridge and Homey have their own Zigbee network.

Yes.

1 Like

Actually I know that but I hoped/dreamed to avoid this anyway :wink:

Just do it NOW.

THX

Hi there, as I have not heard of this problem from anyone else I hesitate to fix a potential bug I found in the driver. Are you able to test code from github using a CLI installation? Anyone else experiencing this problem with White Ambiance devices?

Can someone with sensor problems test this before I release it to app store?

1 Like

I understand.
Yeah sure I can test some code. Just let me know what to do.

@TheFops
If you are new to CLI: [HOW TO] CLI install method
My repository for the app is linked a few posts up.