[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Extensions [Abandoned]

As I am super unhappy with athom (and @Emile in person) I decided to stop any work on this app and removed it from the store. Sorry folks, if you wan’t to disuss this you can do so with athom, I won’t be available for any homey related support.

6 Likes

The app crashed when i install it.

Sorry to hear that, could you provide me the log?

I have the same problem as Wesley_Witjes. When the app is installed it crashes. Ans when I get to the configuration page it keeps on infinitely loading.

2020-05-16 08:46:39 [log] [HueExtensionsApp] HueExtensionsApp is running...
/app.js:15
			Homey.ManagerSettings.on('set', this.onSettingsChanged.bind(this));
			                                                       ^

TypeError: Cannot read property 'bind' of undefined
    at HueExtensionsApp.onInit (/app.js:15:59)
    at fs.stat.e (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/SDK.js:1:3885)
    at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:153:5)

--- INFO: ch.philippewechsler.hue has been killed ---

I think I solved it, please checkout v1.0.1

1 Like

The app ask me for an api key? where can I get this

solved :slight_smile:

Nice app for the community App Store: Homey Community App Store

2 Likes

It is allready in the community store😀

1 Like

v1.1.0 is out!

Pressing discover and authenticate, it shows the IP but no prompt or anything to connect the hue bridge. Tried pressing the hue bridge button after that and rediscovering doesn’t set anything. Hitting save also ask for an API… what now?

It is inteded to work like this:

1. click on authenticate
  2. the ip should have been discovered and there appears a green message saying that you now should press the button and again click authenticate again
  3. the app key should be retrieved and you get a success message.

As I understand you step 1 is only partially sucessfully, in detail you get the ip but not the green message?
Can you please check that the ip is actually correct and that homey and the bridge are in the same network?

I need to investigate what happens here, might some time as I am quiet busy right now.

But of course you can retrive the key manually, see the official documentation for details: https://developers.meethue.com/develop/get-started-2/

Yes my experience is the same @RoyWissenburg.
The hue bridge IP is correct and on the same network. Will add the key manually too. Not sure why it doesn’t show the prompt too.

Ook bij mij is het gelukt het ip adres en api code in te stellen. Echter kan hij ook geen groepen of losse lampen vinden. Ik kan helaas ook niet vinden hoe ik deze in de app kan aanmaken. Ook de groepen uit de Groep app van Homey herkend hij niet. Hoor het graag. Lijkt me een geweldige aanvulling!

Homey opnieuw opgestart en de ruimte kan ik nu als groep vinden. Ga hiermee aan de slag.

Bedankt!

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards at

https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

3 Likes

So I manually added the API key, and somehow still don’t see any lights or rooms when I tried to make a flow…

I have several Hue Lights in several rooms and in several zones. However, I cannot find anywhere to make groups and i the Hue Essentials app there are no groups available when using the app in a flow.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: After restarting the app, all rooms and zones appeared as groups!