[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Extensions [Abandoned]

Feature request: Return to previous state.

This can come handy when you temporarily changed intensity due to movement or something. Return to previous state would the return the light to whatever state it was before the last change.

I do see how this can be a challenge if the Hue hub does not support it and you have to build that functionality. Might not even be doable. But I leave the for the pro dev to decide :wink:

2 Likes

There is an app that allows you to restore the old state. In earlier versions of the app I tried it with Hue lamps including bridge, but it did not work properly. How the current state is, I don’t know.

I would like to have this possibility in Philips Extension App also.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this app! It’s really nice.
However I have some issues I would like to share:

I would like to create “wake up” light - slowly dim the light in my bedroom from 0 fo 100%, and color temperature from 100% to 0%. Any by saying “slowly” I mean like 5 minutes or so.

I have two problems:
1.) The “duration” of each action card is limited to 10 seconds, which means it’s useless for my purpose. The original Hue app has unlimited duration.
2.) There’s no “set absolute brightness of a group”. I know there’s a similar card in the original Hue app, but it’s only similar - I can’t specify duration in milliseconds, and I can’t specify duration using variable.

So to sum up, I suggest:

• change the limited slider for duration for simple, but unlimited input field (let user type in the number or choose a variable)
  • add “set absolute brightness of a group” for completness

Thanks in advance!

@rzarajczyk
I have used the app Transitions to make a wakeup lightfor a Tradfri ligt. Maybe this wil work.
Transitions

This may be worth knowing. If you use Variables to set Dim or Hue values in Athom Philips Hue app instead of the % slider you have to use decimal so 12% becomes 0.12, but if you use Philips Hue Extension app you have to use 12 and not 0.12. I know different apps and different authors but still worth knowing. Actually, not sure that that was the case last week but there have been several RC updates so maybe something is changing

Hello Community,

any news about the API topic?

Regards
Andreas

Not sure exactly what api, not that I can answer either way sorry. Hoping that Athom figure out how to control Hue via Hue Bridge as effectively as the plethora of apps available. Currently not though.
In extra news though the variable that get sent to Hue are bouncing back and forth between percentages and decimal with each RC update

Hello, I wonder would it be possible to add option to safely reboot the Hue bridge via your app? I guess it should be somehow possible using the API, at least Hue Essentials for Android can do that. Thanks in advance!

Hi everybody,

I have gotten the App authenticated using IP/API, but when I need to set i.e. Flash Group Short I am not able to search for a group, the list is empty … anyone that can help me out here? :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Stig

I thought I had every app under control before migration from Homey Pro 19 to Homey Pro 23, but missed this one.

Used the CLI method to install but it crashes in a loop. Some kind of compatibility issue with HP23, I guess.

I use these in many flows

• increase/decrease relative brightness of lights or groups
  • increase/decrease relative/absolute color temperature for lights & groups
  • flash groups (shortly or with start/stop actions)

Is there a way to get the app working on HP23 to get the functionality back in my family’s life?

The app should probably be updated to SDKv3 for it to run on Pro 2023.
You can update it yourself, or find a volunteer maybe

I felt free to quote from maestro @RonnyW at #developers channel @ Slack:

If you don’t use HomeyAPI it’s not really difficult.
https://apps.developer.homey.app/upgrade-guides/upgrading-to-sdk-v3Most time took splitting the app.json to homeycompose files, but that’s cosmetic and not needed for a simple SDK conversion.
apps.developer.homey.app

Upgrading to SDK v3

When I remember right the most important changes are:

• change Homey. to this.homey.
  • adapt triggers tu use => {..} instead of callbacks.

So triggers are the only thing that really need more code changes.You can take some examples from here to compare what has changed:
https://apps.developer.homey.app/the-basics/flow