[APP][Pro] Nuki Direct

I have the following problem.

The Nuki state changed card isn’t triggered if Nuki is opened by the Official Nuki Android App.
But it is triggered if it is opened by the Homey Nuki Direct app.

Is this normal? Or can I fix this somehow?

That could be the case LACK of Lubrication … good Idea :wink: Door lock maintenance…

WD40 for the win.

Hello @z3r0,

Sadly, this is “normal”: Nuki Bridge doesn’t always notify provisional state changes when and action is initiated by the Official Nuki Android App. I discovered that sometimes a Nuki Bridge doesn’t even notify the second of two state changes, if the two state changes are too close in time. Example: open (unlatch) the SmartLock from the locked state and push (or pull) the door immediately after the lock is unlatched; the Nuki Bridge may not notify the second event (door sensor contact alarm changed).

If you search on Nuki Developer Forum, you will find that this behavior is “by design” and that “currently, state changes still only trigger after finished lock actions” (quoted text from Nuki technical support).

Thanks for your reply! It’s clear for me then.
It’s a shame. Like you said, I only get a good trigger with a lock and unlock. Hopefully they can do something about this in the future :crossed_fingers:

You can better use the NUKI DIRECT app from the community store this works and don’t have this behavior.

I can’t find anything else then Nuki Direct in the community store. Maby you can send me a link? :grinning:

@z3r0 I mean NUKI DIRECT indeed

The NUKI LOCK does not have an IP only the BRIDGE has an IP address, so find the MAC address of your BRIDGE and make an DHCP reservation on your router or on the machine were your DHCP service is running on.

Problem should be fixed.

Who said that the Nuki Smartlock has an IP address?
The Nuki Bridge has a fixed IP address, just like most devices in the network. Nevertheless, the connection to Homey was interrupted again and again. Some say that such problems often exist in relation with a Fritzbox and I have a Fritzbox.
2 months ago I deleted the Nuki Direct App and installed the Nuki App again. Since then I had no more problems.
Very sad, because the Nuki Direct App is better.

1 Like

i’ve been reading this thread for some time now. I think there must be a relation with how your router handles ( at least the wifi). I have an Asus router and I have had no issues with connectivity fo the nuki direct app.

Btw, is your bridge connected through DHCP or did you set it to a fixed ip or lease ?

Thank you for trying to help me.

I don’t have much knowledge about the function and settings of a router. That’s why I can’t test any settings myself, because I don’t know what effects the changes can have.
But currently I have the following settings:

• DHCP server enabled
  • Nuki-Bridge has a fixed IP address

did you exclude this ip from the dhcp range ? Otherwise you could have an ip conflict at some point.
Or did you do a MAC address reservation, so that the Nuki bridge get’s the same ip everytime the leasetime expires ?

No, the IP address of the Nuki Bridge is within the range of the DHCP server for IPv4 addresses.
IP address Nuki Bridge: 192.168.178.39
DHCP-Server IPv4-Addresses: 192.168.178.20 - 192.168.178.200

I do not know how to give the Nuki Bridge an IP address outside of the DHCP server IP4v range, nor how to make a MAC reservation, sorry.

You should make a reservation this is why when you have a power outage or a router reboot the possibility the bridge will get a new DHCP IP.

Do you use the DHCP on your Fritzbox then use this
https://nl.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7581/knowledge-base/publication/show/201_Netwerkapparaat-altijd-hetzelfde-IP-adres-laten-toewijzen-door-FRITZ-Box/

if you use the DHCP on your router I need to know the brand of router.

Or maybe I can help you with Anydesk so I can show you what to do

Thank you for the help.

Homey and the Nuki Bridge have a fixed IP address. Both IPs are of course in the DHCP range. I seem to have misunderstood @Rens_Hoekema, sorry.
Also, the 2.4 GHz frequency has a fixed channel.
So I think everything is set as it should be.

The Fritzbox uses 3 repeaters in mesh mode. Some users say that the mesh operation works bad with the Fritzbox. They suggest to give the 2,4 and 5,0 GHz frequencies their own SSID, but then I don’t have the advantage of the mesh function anymore. That is not what I want.

With the Nuki App from Athom I don’t have any disconnections with the mentioned configuration, but with the Nuki Direct App I do. So there must be a problem with the Nuki Direct App too. Maybe only in combination with a Fritzbox.
@Piero_F has already tried a lot to find a bug and supported me as well, many thanks again for that, but without success.
At one point I was annoyed and deleted the Nuki Direct App and installed the Nuki App.

Hey all,

First of thanks for the app really works well with Nuki. I have a question I would like to change the my presence to away. If i use the Lock and go command on the Nuki. But I can’t see the status lock and go in the nuki app. Is this supported by the Nuki API?

Hello @Durkie,
Unfortunately, the status “lock ‘n’ go” does not exist, as you can see by reading the Bridge HTTP API documentation at section 4.3.
You may want to use the “Nuki state changed” trigger card and the provisional status “unlocked (lock ‘n’ go)” however the Bridge does not always notify provisional statuses. There is an open feature request about this issue on the Nuki forum. If you are interested, you may vote it.

Hi @Piero_F,

since I changed my WLAN-Mesh system from AVM Fritzbox to Netgear Orbi I don’t have problems anymore with disconnection.
Just wanted to inform you.

1 Like

Nuki openers I have two of them finally work well in the Nuki Android app as the this direct app on Homey.

Just how can I make sure that I don’t get dozens of notifications on Android app as in Homey ?
How did you set this up in the app ?

You can click on different notifications and then you also have a separate locking notifications menu.
It’s a bit illogical for me