You can vote for local API support on the SL3 here : Local API on SL3 (Pro) - Feature requests - Nuki Developers
Nuki Direct v3.1.0 released on GitHub and soon available on Homey Community Store .
This version adds the support for Nuki Smart Lock 3.0 (Pro) and for the new Nuki Bluetooth Door Sensor. It solves a couple of bugs and is fully compliant with the latest Homey Apps SDK v3.
Hint: The new function “Warning when the unlocked door is open for the selected time” that is available with the new Door Sensor in the latest Nuki app for smartphone can be achieved with Nuki Direct and a couple of simple flows.
When… Nuki Smart Lock - The contact alarm turned on
Then… Flow - Start Second Flow after 120 seconds
When… Flow - This Flow is started
And… Nuki Smart Lock - The contact alarm changed more than 119 seconds ago
Then… Speech - Say The door has been open for two minutes
Hi @Piero_F, the new version v3.1.0 has unfortunately not yet been published in HCS. Is there anything we can do?
Hope everything is ok with you!?
Any news on when the app will be available in HCS? Or can someone else publish the app in HCS?
Hi, tried to download the app,… (automatically version) but it seems the download isn’t working.
Is it intentionally,… or… am i missing something?
It’s probably not you, there seem to be some issues with the store:
@Eelco_Litjens Should be working again. Maybe you need to restart the HCS app.
@Piero_F hi! is there any news about the new api of the Smart Lock Pro 3? So it can be integrated in this app? I am not satisfied with the nuki app from Athom.
Hey i have some problems to connect the bridge to the app. first is should puss the button on the bridge in to 30 sec. i push the button an the app will countdown to 0 and shows button not pushed. ip will find and port they tokken not. So i try to fill it with hand done press connect the reachtion of this was a time out fault. help me where is my problem.
Hi, no Support for the Nuki Smart Door?
Hi there, thanks for creating and maintaining this app. Highly appreciated since the default NUKI WEB integration is not working reliably given the delayed event messaging (see NUKI thread).
Tried to setup a local NUKI connection using this app, but I’m not succesful and need some help. After adding a NUKI direct device in Homey, the autodiscovery pairing succesfully detects my Bridge and asks for a button press. After de button press however, it says that it hasn’t found any connected devices and there the setup proces stops. Nevertheless, my NUKI 3.0 Pro is recognized and linked to the bridge in the NUKI app and can be operated succesfully.
Tried logging into the HTTP API directly to check the list of connected devices using IP:8080/list. Here it lists the NUKI 3.0 Pro as expected (see below), so not sure why the setup process doesn’t work as expected. Please help - much appreciated!
Never mind - the Homey Community Store has an old version of the NUKI Direct app listed (v3.0.6 from nov 2020) without NUKI Pro 3.0 support. Sideloading the latest version of the app directly (v3.1.1 from aug 2022) through CLI makes it work like a charm.
For future reference a quick step-by-step on how to sideload the app:
- Download and install latest Node.js (link)
- Download and unpack nuki.homey repository (link)
- Start node.js command prompt (in start menu)
- Install homey packages by executing command: npm i -g homey
- Login to Homey by executing command: homey login
- Go to the location of the unpacked nuki.homey repository (see step 2)
- Install the nuki.homey repository by executing command: homey app install
Thanks! Thats good News! I’ll give it a try!
Edit: Oh… you’re using a bridge? Is t also working without de bridge?
Yes, I’m using a bridge. To the best of my knowledge the local setup doesn’t work for the Pro 3.0 without a bridge due to the lack of HTTP API support. This is a dedicated Bridge feature.
Edit: confirmed - see feature request here
I found this article on the dev forum from Nuki. Is there maby a way it will work in the future? Without the bridge.
Yeah, MQTT is a good alternative with the same functionality. It does however require a more technical setup and configuration compared to the more “plug-and-play” approach of a dedicated app. Nevertheless promising that it’s in beta!
Spend the day to do a redesign of the NUKI - Homey integration to adress three issues that I experienced with the “official” NUKI app:
- Delayed event messaging, which results in late triggering of flows (30 ~ 90 sec delay)
- Missing open door / unlatch event
- Missing username in events for logging and advanced flow triggering (if unlocked by person X, trigger flow Y)
To tackle these issues I ended up connecting three methods of integration:
- NUKI Direct app for ultra-fast response times. Standard app functionality is used for triggering lock / unlock actions and listen to lock / unlock events.
- HTTP API callback for catching the raw event data, including the “unlatch” event. Required me to use the HTTP request flowcards app to setup a webhook and register this URL withing the NUKI HTTP API on the bridge.
- WEB API calls to enrich the basic event data with the username info. Used HTTP request flowcards to enforce a NUKI WEB sync and retrieve the smartlock logfile. Username is extracted from the log and timestamp is used to ensure succesfull sync.
Advanced flow showing the lock / unlock / unlatch events including username:
End result in our private smarthome Slack channel:
Important closing notes:
- Response times of this setup. The lock / unlock events (without username) are < 1 second. The unlatch event (without username) is ~10 seconds. The full event data including username takes 60 seconds due to the NUKI WEB log sync delay. Up to you to choose the right balance between speed and data enrichtment which suits your needs.
- I found it is key to enable lock/unlock notifications in the NUKI app which promotes the WEB-log-sync to a higher priority (semi-real time instead of intervalled batch processing).
- This setup is hacked together and I found it to be working stable. Nevertheless a more robust solution is desired and is currently in development by NUKI through the new MQTT implementation. This includes all of the required functionality and can’t wait for the release. Please find more info here.
If any additional info on the integrations, API-calls or Homeyscript is of use: let me know!
Thinking of purchasing a Nuki Smart Lock 3.0.
Anyone got a referral discount links available that could kindly share?
i.e. Nuki Club: Exclusive benefits, offers & free membership - Nuki
sent via pm