[APP][Pro] Norwegian Electricity Bill (Strømregning)

I am using the new test version. Great app!

If you add «strømregning - enhet» which «strømregning» will it get its prices from?

I see that a «strømregning» created in an earlier version has less option to choose from when choosing «statusindicator». Is there any way to fix this?

I will also say that I combine this app, with the app «groups». I group all my heating cables to report consumption to a «strørmregning - all heating cables». In «strørmregning - all heating cables» I set the «nettleie - fast kostnad» to 0, but the rest of the prices I specify. This works very good :slight_smile: I just wanted you to know so that future changes to the app dont change this :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the app.

I recommend just one “Strømregning”, and you can have several “Strømregning - enhet”. But it’s up to you.

It will get it’s settings from “the first” “Strømregning” …

“Strømregning - enhet” does not add fixed amounts (grid yearly, or utility monthly). So I think you can use the new “Strømregning - enhet” for your heating cables.

And the status indicators… Looks like some bugs in the Homey app to me…

I just installed the test version, and in the web interface there is no way of discerning the device types. They are both shown as “Norwegian Utility Bill”, so I can’t see which one is the slave device. I have my Homey set to English, it might be different if it was set to Norwegian. Haven’t checked the phone app, because I’m currently in the process of transferring to a new phone.

Probably because the default name in English (Norwegian Utility Bill Device) is a bit too long.

But you can rename the device after it’s installed.

Yes, I saw that. Still somewhat confusing, but in the phone app it is possible to discern them, since it allows for longer names to be shown.

Thanks for your reply. I find the app groups a bit unstable. Do you know of any other way to achieve my scenario as described in the previous post - without using the groups app?

1 Like

Yes, you can create one variable and two flows:

1. create a number variable

2. first flow: add all Power capabilities (Effekt) for all heating cables, eg. every 15 seconds, and store the sum in a variable

(If you want a bit more work, you can instead create one flow per heating cable device, and update the sum on Power changes (Strømmen ble endret).)

3. second flow: on every change of the variable, update the “Strømregning Enhet” - device

v. 1.1.1 is ready for testing:

• Added separate formula for fixed monthly utility costs

Click on the link below to get access to and install the test-version:

2 Likes

Excellent! Thank you for your great work and quick turnaround on adding requested features. Much appreciated!

@balmli
I am really happy with this app, but I have a small (I hope) additional wish. Currently, the app only shows energy usage for the current day and for the current year. It would be nice to have energy also for current month (and possibly last month) as well. I know that the costs for current and last month are there, but it would be nice to also have the energy shown.

Is that something you could consider adding?

You can turn off resetting the Energy daily in adv. settings (Reset power meter daily).

And accumulate the energy to a monthly value, and reset the Energy value by a flow.

Sure, it would just be convenient if it was directly available in the app, since there is already costs per month. And by doing it like you suggest, I can no longer see the current daily value (it would instead show the accumulated monthly).

Again, I can of course use flows to get around that too, so not a big deal, I just thought it would be nice to have in the app.

V. 1.2.0 with the following changes:

• Added action card ‘Update energy with X kWh’ to update with energy (kWh) instead of power (W)

The ‘Update energy with X kWh’ action can be used instead of the ‘Update consumption with X W’.

Here’s link to get access to the test-version:

A quick question: My app was automatically updated to this new version, which is fine. However, is it possible to switch to the official release version to not get automatic updated to test versions? Is it as easy as just pressing “install” on the release version? And if so, does that preserve all data?

Yes, that’s correct. No data will be destroyed if you go back the official release.

But it’s always good to have some help to test new releases.

Oh, absolutely. I’m all for helping out with beta testing, but in some cases the new features might not be of interest to me, and if the test version breaks something else, that would be annoying.

1 Like

So I decided to test the new features, as using energy instead of power should be even more accurate (given the fact that when the device itself does the accumulation, it should have a higher internal sample frequency). It seems to work fine, but there’s a side effect that you might want to do something about. Look at this screenshot:

Current cost is a wee bit off (understatement of the year), and also negative. This device (the water heater) hasn’t been on for some hours when the screenshot was taken, but I guess the device that measures power and energy has perhaps sent updates to the energy with identical values, which messed up your calculation.

Another side effect of using energy is that “Current cost” will stay at some value even after the device is no longer drawing any power, which could perhaps be confusing for some. The most obvious fix is perhaps to allow for also reporting current power to the “Strømregning”-device, and have it simply prioritize energy values, but use power to determine whether there is actually any power draw or not.

Yes, maybe the “Current cost” should be blanked in “kWh” - mode…

Yes, or at least not allowed to go below zero.