[APP][Pro] Norwegian Electricity Bill (Strømregning)

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/categories:

Norsk (Norwegian)

“energy this year” was fixed in the latest release. Thanks for reporting.

Yes. Create a variable, and calculate the sum, and update the Strømregning - device, e.g. like this:

Yes, this is a very useful card because it allows you to use energy when the demand is lowest (lowest price) in the case when you cannot reduce the consumption further (for instance how water). After I left Tibber I miss this card, and can’t see why no one else have this in their app.

Use the Heating Controller together with this Strømregning app.

You can configure Heating Controller to use prices incl. grid costs from Strømregning.

Suggestion: New output from both Electricity Bill/Electricity Bill Component - “Average electricity cost last month”. Or, conversely, also show “Consumption last month” since we already have “Electricity cost last month”.

I guess it’s a bit down to philosophy of what should be able to see at a glance. But I’m using bill components to see how much money I spend on, say, heating the bathroom. It’d be nice if I could also see what the consumption was last month, and/or the average price of the electricity that was used. That could tell me if I’m able to use less electricity, and if I’m able to lower the cost of electricity for heating devices. However, by implementing too many of these output variables, it can get cluttered.

Anyone here with Tibber care to give me the formula to calculate the cost? I’m sure I could figure it out, but…it someone else has already done it… :wink:

I don’t have Tibber myself, but I think this is correct:

Formula for electricity price (Formel for strømpris):

PRICE_NORDPOOL * 1.25 + 0.01

Fixed monthly electricity cost (Månedlig fastbeløp for strøm):

2 Likes

Feature request.
And I know it’s a big one…

I use this at home and it’s perfect. Thank you very much for this app.

But I have a cabin in another part of the country and another grid provider and another power provider.

It would be great if we could have several electricity bill devices and then when adding electricity bill component devices being able to link them to one of the electricity bill devices.

Hi, Noted :slight_smile:

I touched on this a little bit with you on the Norwegian FB group Bjørnar, but i thought it might be good to get it down in the “proper channels” as well.

I have a couple sugestions for feature improvements and functions that (in my opinion) would make the app way more complete.

I’ll try to part this up in paragraphs as good as i can to make it easy to navigate, but some ideas intersect a bit:

1 - New component “Strømpris/Strømpris nå”.

• Fetching the information from the main app/component, so no setup needed in case of calculating the correct price.

• Within this component i would love to have the price levels that" Heating Controller " has today (much more logical and clean that these live in" Strømpris" app than “Heating Controller”).

• Within the settings for this component we would choose how to calculate the price levels:
    #1 Todays average (the way it’s done as of now in “Heating Controller”).
    #2 The last three days average ( how Tibber does it). Which is a more “correct” way of determening if the price actually is Very cheap, Cheap, Normal, Expsensive or Very Expsensive.
    For example the last two days has had a average price of 5,- NOK and today has an average of “only” 1,-NOK most of the day should be either cheap or very cheap. The same would also apply the other way, with today being radically more expensive than the two days before.

• The app would only display three things (fetched from “Strømregning”) in the “dashboard” : Strømpris, Nettleie, and finally those two combined Sum strøm- og nettleiepris.

• Then under another tab it would display the price levels with the current level highlighted (again like Tibber does it).

• The statusindicator option could be one of the four values mentioned above (strømpris, Nettleie, Sum strøm- og nettleiepris or price level).

• Follows the same number of decimals used for price as set inside “Strømregning”.

2 - Rework of “Strømregning enhet”.

• My thoughts on this is to make the it more like “Power by the hour - Power Summarizer” pretty much. Just displaying the numbers for the physical component it’s monitoring (while getting the price info from “Strømregning”.

• The main reason for doing this is that it would (in my use case at least, and i think for most other Norwegians as well) make “Power by the hour” obselete and we could exclusively rely on “Strømregning” to handle everything (except water or gas ofc, but i got the feeling that’s not as relevant for Norwegians/Scandinavias anyways). And as we all know, fewer apps we have to deploy, the better.

Might look like i’m asking for a whole lot at first glance, but i’m under the impression that pretty much all of this is functions allready there, just reworked/displayed in other ways than the current way of doing it.

Whats your (and the community’s) take on these sugestions Bjørnar? :relaxed:

Thank you for all good suggestions! :+1:

I have a few other apps that must be updated to SDK3, so they will work on the new Homey Pro (early 2023), so that has priority.

BTW:

• Heating Controller has a lot of flows like Tibber, since its first version in Jan 2019, and it is “international” vs. Strømregning which is just Norwegian. So there are reasons for Heating Controller to have the Tibber Price levels as well.
  • I’ve been informed that the current price level calculation in Heating Controller is not 100 % Tibber like, and that will be fixed.
  • I will try to share some of the code between Heating Controller and Strømregning (like flows), so more functionality in Strømregning is coming in future releases.
3 Likes

Anyone know why data is not exported using mqqt? I want to show “sensor” data in Home Assistant, but all the values says “Unknown”:

Never mind. A few MQTT hub restarts and broadcasts fixed it

Ditto on Exerqtor’s request for Average in Trigger + And in flows. Like:
Current costs becomes (procent) above/below today’s average.

I need this to configure the home in the different money saving modes. like:
if (todays price becomes 5% above today’s average) and (water heater is off) then (turn on water heater). This would make your app a replacement for Tibber.

Also i think many would like to have a idea on how much the electricity really costs.
(spot price + grid price + tax - (government rebate #estemated price))

See attached flows

Shared Flow | HomeyShared Flow | Homey

New month, new possibility to control the grid capacity in a neat way. I started off when the new rules were introduced, to keep track of my three highest hours of consumption. That way, I knew how much I could use today to keep my current level. Having an EV, I’ve forgone Trinn 1 long ago, but my aim is Trinn 2. Trinn 3 is easy to keep inside of, at least while it’s not properly cold out.

It’s complicated, but not really complex, to keep track of what you’ve used and what you can use. It’s not as straight forward as “I have so far an average of 4.8 kWh/h used”. If those three hours are 5.1, 5 and 4.9, that means I can’t go over 4.9 to keep Trinn 2. Also, if I have used 7, 5 and 3, then I probably want to forgo Trinn 2, because keeping under 3 isn’t worth the savings.

I’m assuming Level For Grid Capacity works as follows. Given the first five days of a month with the following consumption: 4.8, 4.8, 4.8, 5.2, 5.1, I would assume each day’s level to be:
Day 1-3: 4.8
Day 4: 4.93
Day 5: 5.03

That means on day 5, I would want to bump up to Trinn 3 and enable a 10kWh load, since Trinn 2 can no longer be saved.

However, given a consumption of 4, 5, 6 over three days, I have an average of 5 (and let’s assume it’s still Trinn 2, and not Trinn 3 for simplicty). Then I don’t know that I can only consume 4, since my Level is still 5kW. If this was to be a part of the app, the app would need a configurable parameter saying sort of when to enable the next Trinn. But given that I assume you have a list of the three highest consumptions, it’d be neat to not have to keep track of that myself.

I use the “current max consumption” variable to load balance my home. I turn down the charging of my car, and off the water heater if needed. Come winter, I’ll look at allowing heaters to be turned off, too.

Is my thinking correct about Level? It’s a feature request from me to be able to keep track of it, but I don’t want feature creep to ruin the app, so if it doesn’t make sense to add, feel free not to!

You can use the “Fetch hours with highest consumption and other data” (“Hent timer med høyest forbruk og andre data”) action to fetch data with the 3 hours with highest consumption. Requires advanced flow.

1 Like

Well, that certainly solves it! I’d missed that one, thank you.

Nice app, is it possible to request feature? I have a heater that write the energy in kw and not w. Is it possible to get a switch w or kw like power of the houre?

Thanks and if this is the wrong place give me a Feedback and sorry.

Hey. Can you please add the Norwegian grid company “Klive” (used to be NØK) to your app?
Their grid prices are here: Nettleiepriser privat og næring - Klive AS