[App][Pro] Nefit Easy

Should work on your RPi just fine :slight_smile:

yes, but completly screwed that one up, also for Atom i would like to have Git running. Bedankt!

the checkout gives me error: pathspec ā€˜https://github.com/robertklep/nl.nefit.easyā€™ did not match any file(s) known to git. Both on windows and RPi (back on its feet again).

Dammit, typo, instead of checkout use clone :stuck_out_tongue:

Success!

@robertklep thanks for app! I was wondering if the Nefit API also allows insight into the gas usage. The native app for android shows gas usage from the start of the year (under ā€œhistorieā€).
Is it possible to add this into the app? I would like to send a daily/weekly/monthly report on gas usage with homey and donā€™t have a digital meter with a P1 port :slight_smile:

Yes, the API provides that information, but it will require quite a bit of work to get it working in the Homey app.

The standalone Nefit Easy CLI tool can be used to export this data, although I realize that it may be a challenge to get that up and running (because it only exports the data, in JSON format, which subsequently would have to be processed to generate daily/weekly/monthly stats).

Thanks.
I see the default JSON output contains the last ~30 days of gas usage per day for heating and hot water.
Even though i would love for this ā€œreportā€ to be included in homey I will add it to grafana from your CLI script and handle it from there.
Picking up the data only once per day wonā€™t get me blocked either :slight_smile:

{
ā€œdateā€: ā€œTue Apr 09 2019ā€,
ā€œhot waterā€: 2.5,
ā€œcentral heatingā€: 0,
ā€œaverage outdoor temperatureā€: 9.9
}

Perhaps it would be easy to extract just the last day and use that for a report in homey?
Then there is at least a daily report.
I understand it would be quite the hassle to create weekly/monthly/yearly stats.

Iā€™ll have to check how Insights works. I assume it only stores (registered) capability values, which means that if I were to implement this, youā€™d have to re-pair the device before the data will be shown in Insights (however, that might not be a big problem for most users).

Iā€™ve created a Github issue to remind myself to take a look at this: https://github.com/robertklep/nl.nefit.easy/issues/11

However, given that I donā€™t really use my Homey anymore, I canā€™t promise that I will even implement this.

No problem Robert. Itā€™s not a make or break issue for me. The rest of nefit easy app works just fine.

Eventually solved it by running the ā€œeasyā€ binary on a existing linux server that writes the results in a file that is hosted on apache every day at 0:05.
The output is already json so with the HTTP request APP i put the daily values in better logic vars and send them with telegram every day.

Will create 2 more flows to add the daily values to a monthly var and send that montly when i have the time.

@robertklep first of all very nice app! Works like a charm. I would like to create a flow that sets the termostat to us the clockprogam and then a specific program. Is this posible?

I have the current situation, the nefit system is build in our vacation house and uses a clockprogram when nobody is there (program 1) and a program if somebody is using the house (program 2).

I canā€™t seem to find it in your app.

Setting the active program isnā€™t implemented in the Homey app, Iā€™m afraid.

Ok you mean athom has to allow this in their mobile app?

No, I meant the Nefit app for Homey.

Ok right, i will make a feature request on your github.

Hi Robert,

Does this app now or in the future support the new version of nefit easy, the nefit easy control?

I donā€™t know if the current app works with that device, because I donā€™t have one so canā€™t check.

As for future support: I stopped using my Homey, and also, because Iā€™m moving house in a few months and my new home wonā€™t be equipped with a Nefit Easy, there arenā€™t a lot of incentives for me to keep developing this app (lacking an actual device makes app development nearly impossible).

Robert I understand. Any plans for the homey team to takeover the project? I think such important apps should not be left to die

Given that I have taken over the project from Athom in the past, I donā€™t think theyā€™ll be able to take it back (due to lack of manpower).