[App][Pro] myStrom - Smart Home

The individual myStrom devices in the network are found via these interfaces

Discovery devices

Merci vielmol!
oh, thanks a lot, Chris! I just needed

“http://[switch_ip]/relay?state=1” and “http://[switch_ip]/relay?state=0”
I can use these with the Logic function in homey in flows and so use the MyStrom Switches anyway.
Well, it is not “state of the art” as it would be with your app, but it works for me.

Chris, I do have a UDM Pro (behind a Swisscom Internet Box 4 in the DMZ) and multiple MyStrom Adapters (v1 and v2), so may be I can help you. I’ve used Wireshark with the Display filter “udp.port==7979” and I do see broadcast packets from v2 adapters, but not from v1.

Hi Turbo

First of all, thanks for the help.

The difference between the v1 and v2 switch is not only the lack of power measurement, but also that the v1 switch broadcasts via mDNS (Bonjour) and not via “udp.port==7979” > see

But I still have a basic question: Does the Homey myStrom app work properly for you?

Gruss Chris

But I still have a basic question: Does the Homey myStrom app work properly for you?

At least the status does work and I can enable/disable the switches via Flows, so it seems to work as it should. I’ve added the last v2 switch end of august. So at least end of august I could add the switch without any issues in my setup.

Do you have the support for the LED strips in the planning?

No, I don’t have a LED strip to develop & test either

Gruss Chris

@cgHome the new v1.1.2 causes issues on my homey. All my mystrom switches (v1/v2) have an exclamation mark and they show “Gerät ist nicht verfügbar - Device error (undefined)”. Additionally I do get for every device on the timeline messages like "MyStromApp - Device myStrom-Switch-xxxxxx discovered - Bonjour > IP: 192.168.20.123 (mac: ABCDEF123456 / type: 101)
I read your notes, do I really have to re-add all devices (except my button?).

Theoretically not, but practically I have no idea what all has been changed internally between SDKv2 and SDKv3 ?:man_shrugging:?. I have imported my switches v1&v2 new (v3), tested and couldn’t find any problems (Unfortunately I don’t have a separat development system yet, because the new one will be delivered only in December :pray:). So please check first if your FW’s are up to date and then try to re-import only one switch to see if it works properly then.

The message “Gerät ist nicht verfügbar - Device error (undefined)” is a “more detailed” indication that something is wrong with the communication or the API, with the myStrom devices. Because with the previous versions, it was more or less a blind. But why the interface returns the message “undefined” is not quite clear to me, because there should be a more understandable error message.

I added the new hints in the timeline, because in certain installations, the myStrom-Devices are not displayed and it was not clear whether it is the network (UDP problems) or the myStrom-App. The hints are however, per device and start of the app only once. If you do not need them, you can of course also deactivate them.

I hope I could help you

Chris

All devices were already up-to-date. As you suggested I ended up by adding all switches again and it works again, but the mentioned error was truly only because of the upgrade to the newest homey mystrom app. The date of the error and the upgrade correlates. The mystrom button didn‘t show the error, only the switches.
Thank you anyway for supporting the app and enjoy your new next gen homey :wink:.

Btw where can I disable the discovery messages in the timeline during app start?

Pushbuttons have only one-way communication

Where you delete the (iOS or Android) timeline, there you can disable on it

Perfect, wasn’t aware of that feature (specific options to disable timeline notifications). But makes sense

Hi Chris,

I am a recent user of a Homey Pro (Early 2023), version 10.0.0-rc.110 and I was happy to see that I can use my myStrom WiFi Buttons directly with Homey. From myStrom I have exclusively 5 Buttons (firmware 2.74.38) in use. My buttons are correctly integrated in my WLAN and I can also see all the devices there, e.g. with the “myStrom Troubleshooting Tool”. Yesterday, I also reset all buttons and re-integrated them into my WLAN using the myStrom app.
Currently I have the problem that the myStrom SmartHome App (v1.1.4) of the Homey does not find the devices at all. When I add a new device, I select myStrom-SmartHome → WiFi Button → Connect → it comes the message “First install …” → Continue → and then without any delay immediately comes the message “No new devices were found”.
For my WLAN I use an AVM Fritzbox 7590AX incl. 2x AVM 1200AX Repeater with the latest FritzOS. I have read that mDNS must work in the network and have once looked with the app (HE.NET - Network Tools) if I can see something there. It is displayed with any amount of devices / services. From myStrom were unfortunately none of them. If the buttons are active in the network, I can ping them without problems. Is there an idea where the cause of the problem can be?

My Homey has two connections to my network (1x WLAN and 1x LAN). It is the same network segment and I disabled the LAN once to test. The result is unfortunately the same: No button is found.

Thanks for any hints.

Reading educates …:man_shrugging:…

New update (Live: v1.2.0)

• Support HP2023
  • Several internal changes

Now it’s official:

ch.mystrom.smarthome has been approved :face_holding_back_tears:

Gruss Chris

New update (Live: v1.2.1)

• Device refresh fixed

After the update 5 days ago, the consumption display is no longer reset to zero watts when switching off the smart plug. the watt value freezes.

New update (Live: v1.2.2)

• Some internal fixes
1 Like