[APP][Pro] Mill Heating

If the devices are off line in the Mill app, try updating the app to the latest version (4.7.1 for iPhone). For me the devices turned offline in an older version. In Tibber try to disconnect and connect again (as Mill 2.0 device). If you use all these to connect to the Mill server you may also get to many requests and be shut out for that reason.

I am running Android Mill app version 4.3.22 and all my Mill devices is offline. In the HP2023 Mill Heating app, two of three Mill devices is online. Is there a newer Android verseion avaliable?

Hi,
I’ve have 3 mill heaters that I finaly got transferd to Homey.
After that i bought 3 mill sens, connected them to the Mill app, gave the name and a room, but I cant find then in the Homey app. Ive tried to migrate again but there’s nothing to migrate.

any clue whats wrong?

Hi
I am realy greatfull to the developer for picking up development on the mill app.
As other has mentioned I am strugeling so I will try to describe how it behaves in my house.

I have three gen 3 mill heaters in my house controlled via homey pro 2019. I am planing to upgrade to homey pro 2023 so I have upgraded to the new homey mill app . After changing to the updated homey app, upgrading to the new mill api and upgraded to the latest version of the mill app i can no longer control the temperature via homey outside of using the different modes defined in the mill app per room. To control the heaters in the homey it has to be dedecatet to a room in the mill app. To control the heaters seperatly I have to create seperate rooms per heater each rom with its seperate modes. As described in previous posts. I have have individual settings on each room thereby each heater. Each heater is set to behave individualy in the mill app but it stil follow each rooms modes controlled by the mill app. No mather what I do the choosen mode in the mill app overrid any changes in homey. So to make it work i have to:

1. create one room per mill heater, that make the heater show up in homey. Whitout a dedicated room its a no-show. I can then also controll each heater limited by the moods per rom in the mill app rooms
  2. to control temperature on the heater via homey I use the homey card picking a mode from the mill app. To change temperature I therefor have to change the temperature in each given mode dependent on what mode I have chosen via homey
  3. to turn the heaters on and off works fine.

Hope this helps in identifying the problem.
Again thanks for spending time on this

I also get the same issue, what did you do for make it work?

Thanks for developing this app. Looking forward to add my panel heater to my HP23. Currently I’ve gone through these stages:

Was just able to connect my Mill 1000W (PA1000LWIFI3) panel heater to my router by the use of my android smartphone and using the Mill app.

The first thing the heater did was to download new firmware. It has since reconnected to the network and I can see and control it in the app.

In Homey I’ve installed the “Mill Heating Norway” app. Was not able to add the device cause:

First I had to sign in in the Mill app in Homey Pro (HP23) using the same user as in the Mill app on the phone.

Then I read I had to migrate to another API using the Migration check page. I selected the “Check migration status + Migrate (if needed)”. First time I pressed it, it indicated that it migrated the device but stopped on the “1 device(s) are still being migrated. 3C:DE:5E:A2:3F:D7”

I then used the phone to try to add the device again in the Homey app. It goes as far as
“New devices found
Select the device you’d like to add.
Timed out after 3000ms.”

Went back to migration page and pressed the same button again. It stated that the device was migrated before changing back to the “1 device(s) are still being migrated. 3C:DE:5E:A2:3F:D7” screen.

What can I try next to get it added to HP23?

Is there no-one with experience on connecting this device?

Thank you for developing this app, really appreciate it.

For me it is working good, only issue I have is that sometimes the continuous mode (in my case “sleep”) is cancelled and heater goes back to program. Then I cannot control the heater anymore and manually need to change back to sleep program. Any other having this issue?

It might occur whenever the heater gets turned off and on again. This can happen via Piggybank or manually. Is it possible to update the app so that when turning on the heater it goes back to its previous program?

(it appears that it works to make a manual flow to change the program to “sleep” whenever the heater is turned on)

Hi. Have you manage connect your device back to wifi after reset?

Yes, after several wifi reset and full reset, really don,t know why it,s suddenly work. A lot of patient and some word I can,t ref here, so now it,s working and still works four 3 weeks now🤪

Great app but I seem to have some issues. I can control my oven with homey (just testing with one of them at this stage) but as soon as I turn on “control device individually” in the MillHeat phone app I loose all control in Homey.

As such, I can operate the oven between modes (program, home, away, sleep) but I cannot set the temperature from homey. Any tips? =)

@Bjorn_Nilsson1

Hi.
I had to use the “comfort” program, then I can set the temp manualy, or by a flow.

That sorted it out! Thank you! It did not work at once but after toggling things on/off a few times it started working.

I have the device set to Continous Comfort the millheat app. In Homey, it’s set to Comfort and responds nicely to commands from Homey =)

That is, I’ve not set the device to “control device individually” as it doesn’t work for me.

I have updated the original post with some instructions on how to add your Mill heaters in Homey.

Hi Coderax,

Can add my “Mill WIFI Oilradiator/heater” to your app?
Haven’t bought a Homey Pro yet, it pretty much depends if I may add Oilheaters to your app - wish i hope.

Regards David

1 Like

Hi! :slight_smile:

WIll there be support for Mill Socket gen 3?

Edit: Socket is indeed supported :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I’m controlling my Mill Invisible WiFi Gen 3 panelovn 1000W (panel oven) in events triggered by when in the day it is.

I have logic that turns the oven on and off depending if it meets some criteria…

I test with the logic in Homey if oven is on or off. Many times when it reports that it’s off, it looks like it’s on (by looking at the oven display), the oven is warm long after it’s allegedly turned off. The temperature shown in the oven’s display never changes, although I change the target temperature many times during the day.

1. Is the oven off when I turn it off with Homey?
  2. Why doesn’t it signal in the display that it’s off?
  3. Why doesn’t the target temperature change in the display when I change it from Homey?

Version 2.4.1
Mill sense Air
Status indicator gone, and when trying to select new one,i get an error:
“device: should be string (#/properties/note/type)”

@Coderax
Versjon 2.4.1. Appen får 404-feilmeldinger under Feilsøk, null kommunikasjon mellom min Homey og Mill i kveld

@Arnt_Soloy @Oddybear Update 2.4.2 should resolve these issues. It’s available as /test now. :smile: