[APP][Pro] Mercedes Me App (Release 1.0.3)

yes as you can see it got a value and it was updated successfully. Suddenly it stopped working. I changed nothing on the REST API side since the big change last november.

Well looking on the Mercedes developer portal, it seems the EV section is still available to BYOC. So, as it was working and suddenly stopped, it’s probably a server issue at Mercedes.
You could try the repair option on the Homey device to ensure it has a valid token but if that doesn’t fix it then I’m not sure what else to suggest.

You could try to contact Mercedes via the portal to ask if there is a known problem, stating the call to get the EV data was working but now returns a “Forbidden” error.

It must be available as I’m reading that out with evcc.io as well. To make sure that there aren’t any interferences I’ve stopped evcc.io… but at the moment no change.
Repair option doesn’t help, I tried that multiple times. As the HV battery output works with the other application it can’t be a general issue.
My assumption is that the token for the EV part token doesn’t get updated. Can we check that somehow?

There is only one token. When the access token is generated by logging in to your Mercedes account, you agree to the permissions the token is valid for.
It’s possible that by having two apps accessing the data it has exceeded the limit of 1 access per 2 minutes. The Homey app will poll the EV data every 30 minutes when things are working. I have now noticed though that when it fails it will try again in 10 seconds, so maybe there is a cascade issue. E.g. if it fails the retry is to soon.

Could you disable the app for about an hour and then start it again to see if it recovers?

Ok, so one token for all. Permission has been granted for everything during setup, so this couldn’t be the issue.
I’ve disabled the app now (and my second application is stopped as well). Will try to start it this evening again.

1 Like

I’ve reenabled the app again and it has been recovered. So it seems to be related to the short retries in case of a failure.

Ok, thanks for testing that theory. I will take a look at how I can get around that. I guess I will need to delay the retries based on the type of error, so network errors retry quicker than forbidden errors.

yepp exactly. And my earlier request related to the timer settings within the app are even more important :slight_smile: Would really be a huge benefit if the user can set them manually.

Although in this case the app only updates every 30 minutes and the allowance is every 2 minutes, so the other app must be using all the allowance. What would you set the update rate too?

My first try would go to 2 minutes, the same as with my other application and check whether it works or not. 2min works like a charm with my other application… but of course I don’t know whether the 2min limit is per car or per app/token. Even 5min would be sufficient, but 30min is far to high for my hybrid car as a full load takes less then 2 hours.

I don’t think that the other app has eaten up all the allowance to poll the REST API. I’ve stopped the other app and even then the homey app wasn’t been able to poll. So I would assume that it is just related to the fast retry mechanism which is currently in place.

Well, it seems to have had a problem at 30 minutes, so 2 minutes would be even worse.
I agree that once it tipped over the retries probably made the problem persist, but what caused it to tip over in the first place?
That makes me believe the rate is per car, but the documentation is not clear on that.

Correct, I don’t know why it happened and you are right, it could be a correlation with the other app, I can test that but I need the option to set the timers in your app (including the retry timers)…

I have the same issue with the HV battery status. Has not upodated for 4 days. Making problems for my charge flow, and I had to temporarily rewrite my script in order to smart charge.

I’ve also tried the repair option. But no luck. My symphtoms ar similar to R5Turbo. only the HV battery status do not update. All other paramameters are OK.

In my case there is no other app other than mercedes me itself connected.

In my case there is no other app other than mercedes me itself connected.

I will have some time today to work on the app, so I will modify the retry time to give the API time to recover.

1 Like

in my case, deactivating the app for one hour helped nothing. Still no update.

Could you send me your log so I can verify it is the same error.