[APP][Pro] Magic Home LED

I have just generated a diagnostics report :wink:
But I will try the update now.

1 Like

I had to delete and re-add the devices, but the unsupported capabilities have now disappeared.
Thanks for the great support.

1 Like

New app update (test: 3.2.2):

• NEW: add ip address to device settings and make edit-able.
  • NEW: add Capability filter
  • FIX: white color selector not jumping back anymore
  • OPT: remove light_mode for AK001-ZJ2104
  • FIX: check if hasCapability before registering CapabilityListener

You’re welcome! :smiley:
It should actually fix it on restart of the app. It checks onInit().

New app update (test: 3.2.3):

• FIX: updateCapabilities onInit (@Adrian_Rockall I missed a variable there. So now it works when you restart the app. Or install the latest version)
2 Likes

Still a small issue, yeah the white turns off now when you select a color, but i’m unable to set it back to white, using the colorwheel

Will check!

1 Like

Hi!

Tested v3.2.3

with AK001-ZJ2147 with RGBWW LED

• Unwanted moving from color to white wheel is now OK
  • Sliding brightness to 0% switch off the RGB Leds.
  • Sliding brightness >0% switch off the WW Leds and switch on the RGB Leds.
  • It is unclear how to control the WW leds using the flows. None of the cards control the WW led, there is no brightness card. Is it possible to include a brightness card in flows to be able to switch between WW and RGB?

with AK001-ZJ200 with RGBWW Led.

• Still only on/off works.

Difference between both controllers is (in the magic home app) that the ZJ200 appears to have the ability to switch on both leds at thee same time, while the ZJ2147 only switch on one led type at a time (probably a choice made due to the controller capacity).

How can I help to include the ZJ200 device to work?

Peter

Hi @PV2134 ,

Working on a fix to control RGB and White separate.
WW is called temperature.
Like this Shared Flow | Homey

I’ll also make fix to change the device type afterwards.

1 Like

@PV2134

So I had a chat with @Chris_nl and he told me that you can change the type of your ledstrip via the Magic Home app.

For the AK001-ZJ200 I would suggest to set it to RGB / W (This means: RGB OR WW). You can do that as shown belown. (long press on the device)
magic-home-setting.

In the Homey app I made a toggle to set it to RGB+W. So you can control both LEDS at the same time.
But this will be default disabled. (check-out the latest test app below)

Brightness for RGB goes via the DIM tab.
Brightness for WW is the WW slider / color wheel. As it is a temperature. Which will go from off to warm. As shown in the flow earlier (Shared Flow | Homey).

1 Like

New app update (test: 3.3.0):

NOTE: this update requires to set the ledstrips to RGB/W in the Magic Home app. (See message above)

• FIX: updateCapabilities onInit
  • NEW: add setting for RGB+W. Default is now RGB/W

Color/white switch seems to be working now, will test it some more after my calls tonight

1 Like

@Chris_nl as discussed I would check the possibily to use Kelvin for the Warm White option.

But Magic Home uses 0 - 255 range for warm white. So it’s more like a dimming feature.
As you said yeelight is different but yeelight uses 2700 - 6500 range (Kelvin)

New app update (live: 3.3.0 ):

• FIX: updateCapabilities onInit
  • NEW: add setting for RGB+W. Default is now RGB/W

That’s strange, before you could select between “bright white” and “warm white”, in the selector, so no clue how @Phuturist managed to get that working then.

You still can. But the values are only going from 0-255.
Magic Home works that way.

I’m using this app for a year now and nothing has changed for me in the WW setting.

The Warm white setting is 255-197-143 (no clue why, it’s different leds, but this is what the magic home app says) and for the bright white (or cool white) 255-255-255, does that help? I only used these 2 options in the past so don’t know if all the “colors” in between have worked at some point too).

So lets say it’s not possible to get the bright white in the selector, is there an other way to set it to that from the devices tab (in flows it’s probably possible)

I’ll check the bright White option :slight_smile:

I was able to test it now. No change on the AK001-ZJ200, not in RGBW or RGBWW. You can switch the device on and off, but it keeps the state where it was in (set by the MH app). To be sure I restarted (and upgraded) the app after I reinstalled the device. I also notices that the device type screen is different in the MH app (see screenshot)

Related to the AK001-ZJ2147 I changed it to the suggested type and it works. The only thing is that when the selector RGB+W (mixed) is on, you can still switch on both LEDs simultaneously (when W=ON, slide the dim slider up and the RGB LED’s switch on as well.

I really hope that the AK001-ZJ200 shall be further developed, because it now seems that the ZJ2147 I received are not the 192W I expected, but only the 100W max. And that may be a possible fire hazard when using it on 160W led strips. I did not find any other controllers capable of >100W except the ZJ200.

If there is anything I can contribute (such as analyzing the network traffic with the device) please let me know.

Peter

Hi @PV2134 ,

About the DIM function I’ll change that. But the dim is related to the color. Because the WW is a temperature so has no DIM function. So what will happen is: when you have RGB+W off in the settings. The DIM fucntion will set the rgb leds to a dim level and turn of the WW.

Can you try to set the AK001-ZJ200 on RGBWW?

Can you also share a diagnostic report? I would like to see whats going on in the app.
More - apps - Magic Home Led - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report