[APP][Pro] Magic Home LED

Done. Report code is f12910b3-bf42-4ad2-b723-6af11fb41f9b. Brgds Peter

New app update (live: 3.3.1 ):

• FIX: error in device polling

@PV2134 can you check if this fix your problem?

Unfortunately not. Shoud I make a new diag report?

@PV2134 Yes please!
And if you can trigger a few things like dim, rgb, ww then I can see the responses :slight_smile:

Done. See f0363037-521b-4d72-9044-8a0d787436e1

Brgds

Peter

@PV2134
According to the logs from the MagicHome API :

• AK001-ZJ2147 - ON - RED - WW 130
  • AK001-ZJ200 - OFF - DARK GREEN - WW 0

Related to devices: both are connected. I can disconnect the ZH2147 if you want and send a new diag.

If this is the only activity in the log then maybe I need some guidance. I opened the app, switched the device off and on, performed some triggers as you requested and switched the LED strip off. I then went to the app config > send diagnostic report. Or do I need to follow a different procedure to include the triggers?

Peter

hello! thanks for your continued work on this app and all the recent improvements. however, after the last update my two Magic Home LEDs can no longer connect to Homey. They appear fine in the MH app, but canā€™t seem to get them to connect inside Homey.

Is it possible to roll back the firmware to the previous version so I can confirm it is an issue with the update and not the lights themselves?

Hey @milkplus
I can give you a test version.

Did you check if the IP adresses are still correct?
You can check that per device in the device settings

yes, no changes in IP addresses. happy to try a test version :slight_smile:

1 Like

@milkplus here you go: Magic Home WiFi LED | Homey

can you also send a diagnostic report when you installed it? I would like to see whats going on in the app.
More - apps - Magic Home Led - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

@PV2134 the steps you took where correct.
Looks like the event is not send to magic home.

Does a change you make in the offical MH app reflect in the Homey app?

Alrighty. Test version installed and the LEDs immediately showed up, so thatā€™s a good sign! Will monitor it to see if thereā€™s any further funny business. Thanks for the assist!

Sending diagnostic report now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, itā€™s weird that this version works as it has a wrong piece of code :stuck_out_tongue:
Will investigate :+1:

New app update (live: 3.3.3 ):

• FIX: error in device polling

@milkplus

1 Like

If I change the color of RGB or the brightness of WW this is also updated in the app with a small delay, but this delay also occurs when I switch off the LEDs from the app until it is notified in the official MH app. Now added a Wireshark tap o the device running the official MH app to see whats going on (just curiosity).

Edit: Well, I can see the data pushed to the device from the MH app, but it is a bit above my head. Recognized on/off Hex commands, but cannot verify the HEX commands send by MH app when changing colors. Should be nice to have a debugger on the MH app in Homey to see which commands are send to the device and compare. Unfortunately I cannot capture the traffic originating from homey.

Peter

1 Like

Thanks! This appears to have solved things for me. Lights are back in action :grinning:

1 Like

Hi! Great app! But i need to set static ip into the app because my dhcp router reservation donā€™t work correctly and I lose connection in my home assistant.
Can you help me?
Thanks.

Hey @LeoNardo ,
Thanks.
I think youā€™re talking about the Homey app right? (This is not the Home-Assistant forum)
The Homey app automatically refreshes the IP if itā€™s changed in your network.

If thatā€™s not the case you can send a diagnostic report.
You can do that via:

More - apps - Magic Home Led - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

Iā€™m talking about magic home app and a relative led wifi connector.
I need to set a static ip on connector but I think is not possible? Itā€™s right?
Thank you