[APP][Pro] Magic Home LED

I need someone to take over development. I don’t have the time and energy anymore to maintain this app.

my led lights are only showing red for some reason. when i try to press a different colour they either turn off or just get dimmer. this happens with both the controller and the app. i’m pretty sure this is due to the controller and not the lights as i have tested on two separate 5m led strips and they both show the same thing. do you know how i can fix it?

Wish I could help you with that, but it’s probably better for everyone if I don’t start developing :stuck_out_tongue:

v3.0.4 - 2021-05-24

• Fixed issue with missing light mode capability
  • Sdded extra logic as a possible workaround for an issue in the magic-home library resulting in multiple devices being added upon pairing.
1 Like

Amazing! Thanks so much for your very fast update, will test it straight away :+1:

UPDATE: Unfortunately the “white” color wheel is showing now (without the error), but doesn’t trigger the led to those colors. Also noticed that once you click 4-5 times in the white color wheel that it moves to the color colorwheel :slight_smile: So seems 1 step closer in the right direction but unfortunately not 100% fixed yet. If you need a testdevice just let me know

UPDATE 2: The multiple devices issue seems fixed, deleted my current devices and readded, only one shows up (per device) :+1:

I just received 2 RGBWW Wi-Fi LED controllers and installed these in the official Magic Home Pro app without any problem (ans without registration in the MH Cloud. After all, I use home to keep as much as possible in a local app).
All devices are working well in the Magic Home Pro App.

Second, I tried to install these devices in Homey with the MH App. The LED Controllers were installed quite easily, but you should be aware that you cannot use a dynamic IP addresses for the device (I remember I have read similar issues in this thread). My LED Controllers needed to have a fixed IP, so I created these in the router LAN reservation table based on MAC address. Next I removed all devices from the Homey MH App which I installed the first time, restarted all LED controllers, confirmed that they were properly assigned with the new IP addresses, and reinstalled all devices in the Homey MH App (remarkable, I did not need to reinstall these in the official MH Pro App). For some reason the new IP addresses were recognized in the Homey MH App (and the App included the new IP in the device name), but the app still assigned the old IP address which was used in the first installation to the device. As a result, all devices were installed and immediately not found any longer.
Workaround: when the IP address of a device changed after setting up a fixed IP address of the device, and before reinstalling the devices, restart the MH App after you have deleted the old devices.

I received 2 different devices because of the maximum power of the device. The devices I connected were:

1. LED Controller AK001-ZJ200 (RGBW 24V-144W) Magic Home Wifi Rgb/Rgbw Led Controller Met 16 Miljoen Kleuren Veranderen Voor 2835 5050 Led Strip DC5 28V|strip controller|wifi led rgbwifi led - AliExpress
  2. LED Controller AK001-ZJ2147 (24V-480W) Wifi 5 Kanalen Rgb/Rgbw/Rgbww Led Controller Met 16 Miljoen Kleuren Smartphone Controle Muziek Timer Modes Magic thuis DC12 24V|led controller|wifi controllerwifi controller control - AliExpress
    Both connected to LED strips: 120LED/M 5050 (RGBWW Double Row 24V-28W/m) 120LED/M 5050 Led Strip Licht 12V/24V Rgbw Witte Dubbele Rij Rgb/Warm Wit led Tape IP67 Buis Waterdicht Woondecoratie|LED Strips| - AliExpress

My first impressions
LED Controller 1:

• Interface does not work with duo led (RGB + WW)
    When selecting the W color wheel, the control switches back to RGB color wheel regularly (reason unknown, same as @Chris_nl reported.
  • The app cannot switch between W and RGB LED. I need to go to the official MH App, select WW or RGB and then the white color wheel resp. the RGB color wheel are working.

LED Controller 2:

• The device is recognized and installed by the Homey MH App, but only the on/off selector works.

For now I’m just curious if an update is planned. But I’m already glad someone did create an app.

Peter

No, someone should take over further development.

Hi all,
I took this app over from @Phuturist.
Further development is done by me.

5 Likes

New app update (test: 3.1.0):

• NEW: app owner changed

I have your first challenge :wink:
I forgot to fix the IP addresses on two of my controllers. Now the DHCP server has reallocated the IP and given the old ones to other devices.
I see there is no manual way to change the IP or any repair option.
So I deleted the devices and re-added them. All was good for about 1 minute but then they both magically went back to the old IP addresses and stopped working again.
They are both working fine in the Magic Home app.
So how can I make them keep the new addresses?

1 Like

New app update (test: 3.1.2):

• NEW: add ip address to device settings and make edit-able.

@Adrian_Rockall you can change the ip address via the settings now. So no need to re-add them. :slight_smile:
Can you test if this solves your issue?

edit: I do see that the app tries to find the magic home controller if it can’t find the device. So in that case it does a automatic repair based on discovery.

Seems good. I have manually set the IP and so far they have remained.
Thanks for the quick fix.

The modules I have are AK001-ZJ2104 which just have on/off and brightness. Any chance you can remove the other capabilities for these?

1 Like

@Adrian_Rockall
Yeah sure.
What does the controller show in the app settings? Its called model.

I’ll add a capabillity checker :smiley:

It shows the AK001-ZJ2104 which is where I got it from :wink:

1 Like

@martijnpoppen can you take a look at this bug, would be nice if that is fixed, thanks!

https://community.homey.app/t/app-magic-home-led-controllers/1750/166

1 Like

@Chris_nl yes no problem!

1 Like

New app update (test: 3.2.0):

• NEW: add ip address to device settings and make edit-able.
  • NEW: add Capability filter @Adrian_Rockall
  • FIX: white color selector not jumping back anymore @Chris_nl @PV2134

I have updated, removed and readded the devices but I still see the colour selection.
Do I need to do anything to remove those capabilities?

As I made it right now it should remove those capabillities when the device gets inited.

New app update (test: 3.2.1):

@Adrian_Rockall forgot to remove the light_mode. Updated now :smiley:

1 Like