[APP][PRO] License Plate Recognition for Homey

Ok found out the AND licence plate card doesn’t work.
Local tag license plate stops my flow. Without this card it works… but without this license tag any car can open my garage?

Yes it does when you configure it correctly. Keep going, you are almost there… :crazy_face:

Omg😂 I have tried so many variants now I don’t know how anymore😬

This tag right? How many option can it be? When I put this tag in a logic and enter the plate number wrong? I created variables of my cars eqc=eb57081 and bmw=ek81846
If I make a variable with the name license plate you can just get one car! license plate two times not allowed.

Nope I give up!! I will say this local tag is broken…I have many flows with local tags and done this several times… In my head this tag is broken.

When I test it in mobile version it doesn’t work but in web version it work👍

1 Like

How do i get my Ring doorbell to take a snapshot so i can use that as detection?

Hi All,

I’m a bit confused how a normal or advanced flow would look like. I am hoping someone could give a bit of guidance as I can not find a manual or example.

Understanding the 2 flow cards.

License plate detected, I’m not sure how to use this. Is this the initiation of the object (and therefore the variables become available?)

Search license plate, I’m not sure what the label variable is used for (just for login?).

Do I need to use a logic card to check the variable license plate?

IF: License plate detected?
AND: Logic card?
THEN: Search card, but what is the return?

I would be really appreciated if someone could point me in the right direction.

Regards,

DuMees

Is the app for license plate recognition available for Homey Pro 2023?
And if so, where can I find an explanation on how to feed an image to this app?

App

Compatibility

I guess everything will be explained in the related thread:

Btw, all these information and the link to the related thread are available in the App Store.

1 Like

No one?

Still no luck.

How does the plate detected get’s triggered?

I fail to understand which variables come into play where. Looking online on the dashboard shows that my image arrived perfectly.

I just want to trigger the license plate check when the doorbell (or motion sensor) is rang, upload the photo (that works) and get back a response with the variable that are created when the “license plate recognized” is initiated.

The Doorbell (Netatmo) will not work I’m afraid, having discussion on that with Athom already for 3-4 weeks, the doorbell image tag is shared from the flow in some non-standard way and similar app, Face++, do not accept that image tag.

This app has also TEST IMAGE included, you try it with it.

Indeed the image of the doorbell does not work (Netatmo) for this purpose, the Entryway is a Eufy though, which works (only the indoor camera’s that I own).

Okay, I figured it out, it now works.

Advanced Flows do not work yet is my assumption. For others, this is how I got it to work:

Create 2 normal Flows.

Flow 1 (trigger)
If: Motion sensor or something (this flow is started is easy to test) sees motion.
Then: Search License plate card (use a camera that is able to create a snapshot in Homey)

Flow 2 (Logic)
If: License Plate recognized
And: Logic → Test logic
Then: Do something.

Advanced flows work the same. But indeed, you need 2 flowd as you already found out.

Hi,

I am new to Homey Pro, and need a little help in order to make Licens Plate work.

I use Unifi cameras but get an error and the flow does never start (plate detected does not fire as far as i can see…

Can you share how a flow could look? My flow does not work for some reason.

Flow looks good to me. Maybe the camera image is just not good enough?
You can test the flow with the test image I included in the app.

kan het kloppen dat de test file niet te vinden is op de HP23? Ik krijg er een error over in de logfile

Mmh, yeah. Testimage seems to be missing :confounded: