[APP][Pro] Insight Trends Reloaded

Responded to SpkesDe questions earlier today!

/Johan

“got a lot” is not much specific

1 Like

Hi spkesDE,

got the same problem since update to 1.3.5.
1.3.6 did not much of a dfference.

on some trend i get consistently

• Network request failed
  • Invalid type for token expected “number” but got “null”
  • Cannot read properties of undefined (reading “Y”)
    but some trends are working (beside that the last value is zero)

Homey Pro E19 with zwave (25x), zigbee (41x), wifi (9x), ble (3x) devices, MQTT Broker/Hub for HA Connection.
System Load is high but devices are responding fine, flows are running fast, no problems with right click on the canvas.

Debug Report is 2a87b880-3133-44a5-b588-88c6454c0e16

Thanks in Advance,
Florian

1 Like

Thanks for your time!

It is a homey 2023. Around 250 devices and load (average of ~20%. RAM free ~5GB)

A reboot of the app and ~1 minute wait time is working but after some hours it will not give any results if I search in the app.

Any idea what I can do to solve this?

Hey, you can’t have problems with 5GB free ! :slight_smile:

Now seriously, the problem in your case is similar to mine - Insights reloaded first need to load up all possible combinations of devices and measured values with lookup to devices itself due to the API change. spkesDE implemented cache for this purpose but seems when it’s building, it is either taking too long or app is “killed” due to the CPU/memory constraints defined by Athom - in either way, if you try later, the list shall load correctly for another 1 hour or so until it expires. That’s theory… in any way, you shall see no other problems with Insight reloaded and the app shall be still working fine, isn’t it?

1 Like

Hi! Why is it not possible to have that amount of RAM free?

Edit: Sorry, was Reading it wrong. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Probably while ‘standard’ Pro 2023’s have 2GB RAM :grimacing: So I think it is nice and more clear to everyone when you mention the total available RAM as well :blush:

2 Likes

Not sure what you are after, but I had a quick look and I’ve got the following:

58 apps

108 switches/sensors/info buttons

Variables, estimate that I’ve got about 100 of them, maybe more. (Logic and BLL)

Got 1 GB of memory, 1 % (12 MB) free memory according to SysInternals app.

That’s the overview script would provide you I posted above.

It’s about to understand whether Insights reloaded hit the same problem (Homey limits) like in other reported cases, also read my previous comment.

I have a HP19 and just now the loadavg are [0.35,0.65,0.81].
Homey Version 8.1.3
This are the errors I get when logging to Simple Log.

• Error Missing token for argument
  • Error: uri_disabled
  • Error ACK TIMEOUT App failed to respond in 90000ms

Ok, Sharkys! Here we go.

--------------- Homey Pro Overview v1.11 --------------

Homey name: Homey Pro

Homey version: 8.1.3

Homey model: Homey Pro (Early 2019) (2 core(s))

Uptime: 373135 (4 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes, 55 seconds)

Update available: No

------------------ Main ---------------------

1 Users (1 Owner, 0 Manager, 0 User, 0 Guest)

55 Apps (54 Stable, 0 Test, 1 Development/Community Appstore, 5 SDKv2, 50 SDKv3, 1 Updateable, 0 Disabled/Crashed)

37 Zones

3 Notifications (Timeline)

98 Logic Variables (22 Boolean (Yes/No), 70 Number, 6 String)

82 Flows (0 Broken, 27 Disabled)

34 Advanced flows (0 Broken, 3 Disabled)

4 Alarms (2 Enabled)

15 HomeyScript scripts (2 Token/Tag)

99 Better Logic Variables (10 Boolean (Yes/No), 83 Number, 6 String)

----------------- Devices -------------------

34 Virtual devices

0 Infrared (database) devices

14 Z-Wave devices (9 Unsecure, 0 Secure (S0), 5 Secure (S2 Authenticated), 0 Secure (S2 Unauthenticated), 11 Router, 3 Battery, 0 Unreachable, 0 Unknown)

3 Zigbee devices (0 Router, 3 End device)

92 Other devices

143 Total devices

——————————————————— :white_check_mark: Script Success

:leftwards_arrow_with_hook: Returned: “Overview finished”

1 Like

So it looks like there are two issues.

Issue one: the API changes from Athom messed up your flows. There is nothing I can do about it. You have to reselect the insights to make them work again.

Issue two: The caching makes your homey temporary API locked since there are too many API calls in a short amount of time (for each Insight, an extra API call). This is an issue that I’ll fix.

Test Version 1.3.8 is live :tada:

Changes

• Improved caching function
3 Likes

Wow, I observe like 500% improvement in speed (the list get filled imminently) , hopefully others will see the same !

2 Likes

Hi spkesDE,
Version 1.3.8 works on my homey. I’ve calculated workarounds for the last value is zero in my flows.
Thanks a lot!
Florian

Does not work on my homey!

ACK timeout…

80bc2cc8-b118-45cb-b962-62976e4c477b

1 Like

have you replaced your trend-Cards?
the trend fails if there are less than 2 datapoints reported
i’ve noticed that all of my GEN24 Inverter Trends only have datapoints for every 5 minutes. (but the Fronius Homey app polls every 10 sec).

2 Likes

Have you produced this diag for Insights reloaded, right ? Can you do that again please and report here again ? Just in case. Thx

Hi Sharkys!

I’ve installed the 1.2.0 version again, because Insight reloaded was not working at all.
I could install the ‘faulty’ version again and produce a new diag.
Can I install the 1.2.0 version right after the diag is produced or must I keep running for you to get your data?

/Johan

Just install the latest version, run few flows where you get the errors, produce diag, share the code here (just to ensure it will get delivered to developer) and then install back 1.2.0.
Btw, I have tried to replicate your error on HP23 but didn’t succeeded, but HP23 and HP19 are different products…