[APP][Pro] Insight Trends Reloaded

Why don’t you try it? (you can duplicate flows for the test or copy/paste in an advanced flow) and check the Cpu load for the app / homey overall after some hours in insight trend reloaded.

I’m interested in the results :smiling_face::+1:

A problem you could run into is having your rate limited by Homey (too many API calls or too many flows running). The calculations themselves are not the problem; in the end, it’s quite simple math.

Yeah, I suspected as much. Is the Insights api efficient/light as far as you can tell? Would hitting the rate limit cause an Error in the card (didn’t check in my test)?

And speaking of errors: do you know if HP23 finally provides a way for us end users to view at least some basic app logs?

That is possible on the pro 19 already, but the app creator has to enable / implement it:

Hi @spkesDE, thank you for a great app :slight_smile:

Is it possible for you to add a time function to then cards?
Calculate trend for xxxx based on “Today”? “to only get values from this day”.
Calculate trend for xxxx based on “This year” or “Last year” ?

This would be valuable for different scenarious. :slight_smile:

Hi Guys,

I use the Insight Trends app to calculate a lot of sensor data, it is a very useful and great app.

My question:

Is it also possible to use the app to calculate the percentage of values over time?

I register the following information about my Gas boiler every 5 seconds (720 times an hour).
0 = off (example values 60% - 432)
1 = home heating (example values 30% - 216)
2 = tapwater (example values 10% - 72))
(total 100% - 720 values)

I want to know the percentage of the values over one hour. So I want to know how often a value occurs over one hour.

Example:
If the input value is 0, then the output would be 60%
If the input value is 1, then the output would be 30%
If the input value is 2, then the output would be 10%

Is this something that would be possible with the App or something that could be added as a new feature?

Many thanks.

Greeting Hugo

It’s possible to create a flow for that. Once I find some time I’ll add this flowcard

1 Like

First, many thanks for making this great and very useful app!

The last days I’m searching for some trends in the app but there are a lot of insights that I ‘cannot find’ in the insight trends app. They are there when opening the insight website. Some examples: solar production, energy usage, weight of a pet feeder, etc. Is there something I do wrong? Thanks for help!!

Please send a diagnostic report. Most-likely is a migration (HP19 to HP23) issue

I hope not :slight_smile:

Timeout after 10000ms with Homey Pro 2023 and not able to install.
Installing with Homey Pro 2019 is ok.

issue with the HP23, not the app.

Allready reported this issue by Athom. :+1:

It would be great if you can add this some day. Please let me know when this is done through a reply or direct message. Many thanks. It would make my gas usage calculations more precise.

Test Version 1.3.3 is live :tada:

Changes

• Updated homey-api to BETA 3.0.0-rc19
  • Added support for icons back
  • Descriptions are working again.

4 Likes

Hey @HvN,

i got your feature now included in the latest test version. Let me know if its working for you!

Best regards :v:

Test Version 1.3.5 is live :tada:

Changes

• Added Calculate Percentage card for Advance Flows (See here)
2 Likes

The last weeks I was missing some data in insight trends. For example, my solar panels where not there. They where on the insight page of homey.

Today I found out that they are on the insight page of homey, but if I search for them on the insight page, they are not there (just the app insight with the same name). I have changed the name of my solar panels (the ‘device name’ to ‘something’ and back to the old name. ). Now I can ‘search’ for this device in insights (and find them). After a restart of the ‘insight trend reloaded’ I can now find them here too.
So if someone cannot find a device, try renaming and restarting the app. I will send in a bug report.

Thanks for making this great app! :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @spkesDE,

I have installed the updated app and created the first test flow card. The first test is successful. I received exactly the right values (percentage).

The only thing I noticed is that the selectable “insight” value is displayed multiple times (I have only one “Toon_burnerInfo” variable). It is only a cosmetic thing, because it works perfectly.

At first, I saw a lot more, the number became less after a browser refresh but is still more than there are actually there. Maybe not related to the app itself, it can be a Homey general issue too.

Output of the test.

I will create tomorrow my calculation based on this new method.

Many thanks for the great update! I’m very happy! It makes my gas/warm water calculation a lot more accurate.

Best Regards, Hugo

2 Likes

@Ranney I heard that issue multiple times. I think is related ether to the api or the mirgration from HP19 to HP23. Thank you for finding a solution! :vulcan_salute:

@HvN yeah, its strange this issue, I really don’t know where the origin is of this issue. Sometimes its more, sometimes its less. Thank you for testing. A review in the app store would be wonderful :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Hi!

It’s been workin just fine, but a few days ago I noticed that I was not getting any calculations done (average). Today I looked a bit closer and got an error: see pic.

/Johan