[APP][Pro] HomeKit Controller - for a better Homey

It is Thread…

2 Likes

Oh Man - Thanks for clearing up the clutter in my head. I already added some Thread devices, but they are also Matter. It somehow ended up in my head with “Thread works”. My fault. Sorry…

Does anyone has a solution in what to do if the IP of a device changed?

In Homey it gives the error:

But it can be properly found in the Aqara-app?

Previously I resolved it by doing a hard reset in the app… but is there an easier way?

Just recycle the power on the fp2. When it starts up it should broadcast the new ip. Please PM me the log before you do thar.

Aqara FP2 - incorrect pin… I cannot find a solution. Tried to reset, change charger, restart Homekit app, nothing. I don’t have any apple device where to find the “temporary pin” that somebody wrote… help? (homeypro)

The pin is on FP2 itself. Only way to pair normally.

Can you pair again and be sure not to press OK twice.

If it fails pm me the log. For the lig goto app, settings, configure.

Did it worked out?

Thanks for asking…

I struggled, but it was not the app issue, I realise when I could not add other devices. I needed to clear browser cache and restart both Homey as well as my computer, after that it worked. I had to re-install it again and it was a bit of a struggle again but it worked again… :slight_smile:

Is there any way to determine which zones in Homey (numbered) are which in Aqara app (I gave them names…)?

Many thanks

Best

J.

no… the names are not passed to homekit (at least, i could not get these) you can name them in the app as well (but it is a little moving around, which ones are getting active and name them)

Yeah, I figured that too, many thanks Martin :slight_smile:

I have been using this sensor for some months now in Homey Pro. First HP2019, but the last weeks with HP2023 using The HomeKit Controller app.
Yesterday the device wouldn’t get inactive when nobody had been in the room for several hours. The device wasn’t connected. Missing any other things to do, I deleted the device in Homey.
Then using the Aqara Home app on my Android phone I discovered that it wasn’t configured there. So I did set it up there and did setup a Detection Zone and tested that it detected my presence in the room and my absence from the room.
After having done this I tried to make a new device with the HomeKit Controller app i Homey. After selecting Homekit IP in the setup dialog, the FP2 device didn’t show up, trying many times. But after some times trying and waiting it did show up and I was able to make a device, but it doesn’t work, look at the attached screenshot fra Homey

After I was finshed creating the device i Homey, it stopped working in the Aqara Home app on my Android too. T first the app no longer detected neither movement in the room or absence from the room. But after some minutes it worked again there.
The blue lamp on the device is blinking.

I made a diagnostics report in the Controller app:
ac2fba6c-d74e-41e4-a492-bd870e1f0669
I have also a copy of the Log in the HomeKit Controller app i Homey the I can send you

This is strange.

The blue lamp on the device is blinking.

This usually means that pairing did not occur or completed. Something is messed up.

I would recommend:

1. Delete the device from Homey
  2. Delete the device from Aqara app
  3. Reset network/factory settings FP2 (hold button 10s until yellow blinking)
  4. Add to aqara app/configure in Aqara
  5. Restart Homekit controller app to be clean
  6. Add device again to Homekit Controller app.
  7. All assuming you do not have iOS (if so remove FP2 from homeapp after 4)

When setting up a couple of months ago this was all new to me, I had some problems in the Aqara app, but it did work fine, I no longer had to get up to trigger the motion sensors to turn on the light. The zone in Homey just was active as long as I just stayed in the room and got inactive when I left the room. So it didn’t matter if the Aqara app wasn’t configured correct :slight_smile:
Now I’m focusing more on setting up the device correctly in the Aqara app and making sure it works there.

The blue lamp stopped blinking over the night.
I don’t use IOS, but Android for the Aqara app.

Well, now I have gone through all the 6 steps you listed, but the FP2 still doesn’t appear in the pairing dialog.
The way I deleted FP2 from the Aqara app was using the Remove Accessory button (see attached screenshot). I noticed when adding FP2 again, I did have to connect to my WiFi again, but I didn’t have to scan the QR code. Also all my Zone settings in the Aqara app were cept as before. Is there something more I should do concerning deleting and adding the device?
Anyway going through this process didn’t help, the FP2 still doesn’t appear in the pairing dialog i Homey.
I’m confused, it worked after several tries yesterday, but today not…
No lamp on FP2 is on after the 6 steps are done.
I do have the latest firmware on FP2 (according to the Aqara app).
The HomeKit Controller app in Homey is set to automatic update, current version is v1.3.15.

BUT YES IT WORKED AT LAST!!!
After several hours of testing ang going through the 6 steps while writing this email, I finally managed to configure it successfully, and everything seems to work fine for now.
You sent me an updated email on the 6 steps where you said “wait 5 minutes (it sometimes takes an FP2 a long time to come back)”. Well maybe more like one hour or so, didn’t start a clock :-). Does the Aqara app work towards their web service in this process?

It does work in the Aqara app, but some fine tuning of the zones is in its place. But doing that, could it trigger the need for changes in Homey configuration?

THANK YOU for all the help!

tir. 30. juli 2024 kl. 09:01 skrev Martin Verbeek via Homey Community Forum <notifications@athom.discoursemail.com>:

Now, a short hour has passed. The device i Homey is unavailable and doesn’t work anymore…
Attached is the Log from HomeKit Controller app

tir. 30. juli 2024 kl. 12:06 skrev Tormod Fauskrud <tormod.fauskrud@gmail.com>:

(Attachment Log HomeKit Controller.txt is missing)

I don’t know what it is, but my guess is that there is something not going correctly in the network… had a sort of same experience with another user. That was fixed when the router config was updated with mDNS/Bonjour setting. Is the wifi router directly on your fiber or is there a modem in between? And is the modem doing the addresses in the network, if so can you browse a little through the screens and see if something like mDSN or Bonjour is in there?

I could not find anything specific on the Wifi router, what brand is Telenor using?

it gives a service down on the FP2, which means that the FP2 itself is closing the mDNS/Bonjour service, which is very unusual…

Bonjour Down Presence-Sensor-FP2-F24C

Hello,

Try to unplug the power, wait 30 seconds and then reconect the power.
I had the same thing, and this resolved it.

Henk

No that is normal behaviour for the FP2, 10 seconds hold of the button, just removes the network settings.

It will only trigger if you add or delete a detection zone, then it will restart the service, that will be picked up by the Homekit app and adjusts the zones as well.

I have been in contact with Telenor support I they have had some stability issues the last 7 days.
My router is connected to a modem that is connected to internet via an coaxial cable.
The router is a ZYXEL DG2200TN. I don’t find much information about it, but this is what I found: Hjelp til WiFi Ruter | Telenor
In the setup of the router there is nothing about mDNS/Bonjour, but I can setup primary and secondary IP adresses for DNS server, in addition I can setup DynamicDNS, but don’t use it. This is just about what I find related to DNS in my routers setup.
I have also tried to pull the powerplug for a minute and some on both router, and modem, didn’t help.
Then I tried pulling the powerplug on the PF2 and at the same time deactivating a security filter in my router. Then the PF2 came online in Homey. I really don’t want to deactivate the security filter so I have activatede it again. Maybe it was pulling the power plugg on PF2 that did the job, I will have to wait and see.