[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

Ah, so you added a climate entity but used a custom icon (water heater) what’s the same as for the water heater device :slight_smile:

Just to summarize…

• you added the climate entity as climate device. Then you get some default capabilities (temp target/current) and the default hvac mode selection.
  • the Homey device is only showing the default HA modes. I your case, the flow card should show the custom modes from your climate device (off, heat).

When using the mode flow card, the service climate.set_hvac_mode is called with parameter hvac_mode: mode. This should also work in HA developer tools if you start this service there.

But in your case, it seems this are only some dummy modes and the real modes are defined in the select entity.
You can add this select.water_heater_mode in repair view to your climate device. Then you should get a new flow action to change the value for this entity. That should change the mode of your heater.

That’s the bad side of HA devices…it just a collection of entities :wink:

1 Like

Found it; the answer was in adding helpers.

Thanks Peter !

Thank you Ronny, correct.

You might be actually a step ahead - I did not intend by changing Homey HAC thermostat device (Water heater) states to directly change device / entity in the HA (because of the non standard / dummy modes) - I’m setting the states already different way using CALL SERVICE. But naturally it was never reflected in that particular Homey HAC Thermostat device as such, so I was thinking to check the states and update/reflect Homey HAC thermostat device state accordingly. But my problem is that by calling SELECT THERMOSTAT MODE , the Homey GUI / device do not change it’s state at all - I thought I can kind of force it using this action (and vice versa - if I will change it using the device, then using CALL SERVICE, reflect it back in the HA. I was trying to avoid Device capability virtual device but seems I have no other choice, correct? :slightly_smiling_face:

The thermostat device (and the mode) will only change when the mode changes in HA - or when you select a mode manually what will have no effect for you in HA.

However, if an entity uses non standard modes in a climate entity, you will never see the correct state in the device GUI, because this mode list is predefined in the capability definition.

But adding the select entity to your thermostat device, you will see the current mode as sensor.
You still can’t contol it via device GUI becaus it’s not possible to set a list seletion programmatically.
But you get the value synced back to Homey when the state changes in HA.
And you get a autocomplete list in the flow card. I thinks that’s easier that using basic service calls.

I don’t see another better way.

1 Like

Thank you, that was exactly what I suspected :slight_smile:

It is, no question about that - just having this setup for a year or so…

servicecall vs autocompl

Yep, just it was kind of attempt for perfection - as I can set the temps but can’t set the “thermostat” modes - but never-mind, I will implement workaround, based on changing temp, so “turn the heated on”, just it will have always this state :
HAC_termo HACdev

Thanks Ronny for the consultations, I really appreciate your support ! (hopefully will also help someone else when dealing with similar problem)

Btw, we have been dealing already with “non” standard Termostat modes for some other apps but in this particular case ,it’s probably really better to achieve it using Device Capabilities.
Eg. Raychem termostat :
obrazek
probably using DC, I will use something like
obrazek (ignore labels) + UI Thermostat for temps…

You can also use buttons/switches for a select entity. I use this for my wallbox. Using the converter, you can easily convert the select state into a switch :wink:

Here is my example:
The HA selection:
grafik
It’s using the select.wattpilot_charging_mode entity.

So I added the select entity to my HA device, but not as sensor but as switch:
grafik

Using the select entity, this capability changes if the select entity state changes in HA.
To get the switch set to a corresponding state, use the converter:

(value) => {
  if (value == 'Eco'){
    return true;
  }
  else{
    return false;
  }
}

In this case, the button gets active if the select state is “Eco” and inactive for others.

If you click the switch, you have to sync back the change to the select entity with a flow:

1. If alarm/switch turned on => set select entity value (you get this flow card because you added the select entity. This way you can easily select a valid value.
  2. Just the opposite case

Then I can use the device button in Homey:
grafik

1 Like

I keep being astonished by the ability of developers of Homey apps finding their ways :wink: (and some users like Peter :wink: Thank you Ronny, will test later !

1 Like

My advantage is knowing the technical background behind the scenes :upside_down_face: :sunglasses:

I added a newsletter subscription to my homepage. There you can register to get updated if new blog posts are published.

Newsletter – Ronny Winkler

If you subscribe, you will get a mail to approve your mail address. Please check your SPAM folder if needed.

And if you have some questions, need examples or need a HowTo , that are worth to be published as a blog post, please let me know :wink:
Just ask here in the forum.

4 Likes

Thank you; subscribed

New test version 1.5.22:

• Added app trigger for entity state changes.
    Use this trigger card to listen for entity state changes withou adding a device.

Set an entity id and you get the new state as token if the state changes in HA.
grafik

3 Likes

That’s very neat, Ronny. Didn’t know yet I missed that card I can use very well :blush::+1:

1 Like

Thanks to @JB2K for the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

New test version 1.5.23:

• Changed app trigger ‘entity state changed’ to autocomplete field.

Please select your entity in the flow card again using the autocomplete list to keep the flow card working.

1 Like

Works great, thx!

1 Like

Hi having some issue after updating HA to 2024.6 I can’t add devises anymore have renewed the long-lived token but still no joy I just get the spinning wheel. devises that were added to homey before the update work fine just can add any new ones any ideas anyone

Can you restart the app, please?
I have seen this issue, too, but had no chance to debug it as it only seem to appear if the app was running along time.
It seems, HA is not sending the entity list to Homey. An app restart should help.

Hi Ronny have tried soft restart HA & Homey and App still no joy have also tried rolling HA back a version will try a hard restart of Homey next

The app crashes all the time, meaning the devices goes offline, then online again, with a few minutes in-between. Happens often. I have tried stable- and test release, without any luck.

Report: 2dd93ba4-97c5-4819-b590-a7812065225c

Hi,

crashes by CPU usages is mostly caused by the large amount of entity changes transmitted from HA.

Please check in HA which entity is causing this traffic.
Take this post as reference: