[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

I had my HA connected with Homey through this App and all HA devices worked fine inside of Homey.

Suddenly I noticed that all HA devices showed “Device not Available” and didn’t respond.

What could have broken the HA-Homey connection?

Also, in configuration if I try to reconnect it shows “Connection Failed”

Has anything changed in HA like

• updated
  • changed from http to https
  • changed the port
  • deleted the access token
    ?

Not to my - albeit limited - knowledge.

And you can connect to HA with you browser?

yes

Can you add a new token to HA and try to reconnect with a new token. You can also reconnect in app settings where the current URL is shown.
If this does not work, you can send me a diagnostics report. But I don’t think that there are more details in addition to a connect error.

Hi.
I have issues setting an input_number in HA and wonder what the correct syntax would be.

Hi,
the data parameter must be a JSON based in the HA service definition like {"value": #value}. Please note the quotation marks.
But you can also add the input_number as capability to one of your devices.

I still don’t get it. I’m trying to set the value to 10.
I set the data field as follows: {“10”: 10}. Still geting Error message.
What do I use for parameter and what do I use for value?

1. Check the service syntax in HA developer tools:

2. Use this syntax in the flow card:
    {"value": #value} where #value is your tag

It works. I didn’t think of that.
Thanks a lot. :blush:

Hi Ronny

I have a problem with controlling the temp on my z-wave thermostats from Homey. The thermostats are connected via z-wave-JS in Home Assistant (I have a Aeotec z-stick connected to my RPI), and I can see all sensors, turn on/off and read power consumtion etc. If I change the temp from HA, it gets updated in Homey. But I cannot change temp from Homey. Nothing happens. The reason i want to use z-wave from HA is because I can update firmware etc there. Any hints or suggestions are much appreciated :-).

Best regards

Jo

Update: This is weird: I can change temp in half degrees, e.g. to 21,5 C, and 22,5 C. But not to 21,0 and 22,0. Unfortunately I have smart integration to my energy company which adjusts the temp based on price, but they only adjust in round numbers, thus nothing happens. Any suggestions?

The app is using the HA entity settings to create the Homey device. For temperatures, the entity attributes are used (range, decimals, steps).
Is it working correctly in HA itself?
Perhaps HA is using target temperature with decimals and Homey is using this value (21,5) but based on step=1 you can only change it to a value +/-1.
But that would be an issue in the HA integration if it’s using target temperatures outside allowed ranges.

So please compare the entity/device data from Homey and HA. You can also provide some screenshots. Perhaps then we can find a reason.

Thanks for the quick reply :-).

You are right. The HA integration acts in the same strange way when communicating with the thermostat. I hadn’t noticed that. It only changes temperatures on half degrees (21.5, 22.5, 23.5 etc).

I have noe idea where to look to change this behaviour. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Best regards

Jo

@RonnyW I’m testing out Homey with the Homey Cloud before buying a Pro. I need Home Assistant for my pelletstove because Homey doesn’t have an app for it.
I can install your app and connect my HA instance to Homey Cloud, but all devices are not working. Is this normal for Homey Cloud?

Hi, this app (HA Community app) is only useable on a Homey Pro.
I think you are using the ‘official’ app from Athom for HomeyPro&Cloud.

If you are bying a HomeyPro, you can use this app.
On the HomeyPro, you have to add all devices again (no migration possible from cloud to Pro). So it’s a question about how sure you are and if trying the other app gives you a real understanding what is possible with this app :wink:

2 Likes

Perhaps the intagratoon changed from 0.5 step to 1 step and yout thermostats have been set to .5 values.
Try to set the temperature in HA directly, perhaps in developer view changing the entity attribute/state.
You can also try to set the temperature from Homey with the flow card to a correct value.
If the thermostat is set to x.0 value, I think the GUI elements will work with the 1° step.

Hi again
I am not that experienced with developer mode etc., but I tried to enter developer tools and change the 0.5 step value to 1, but that did not help. The same thing happens with a flow. Set to 18.0 → nothing. Set to 18.5 → works.

In the link below you can see the behaviour:

Strange…
When changing the thermostatin HA to full degree, it’s shown red. I think the service behind throws an error.
Can you check the HA error logs?
Best would be to contact the integration developer - via Github if it’s HACS or custom integration.

is it possible to add a second home assistant server