[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

Is it possible to add locks? I want to lock and unlock my car :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure the duplicated entries are created by your MQTT integration. Please check your entity list in HA.
The same effect existe when you delete and add (same name) an Homey device. Then you get a duplicated entry in HA. The entitiey are named equal, but the newer one has a suffix “_1” at the entity id.
That’s why I delete the HA entry before doing a sync with MQTT Hub. So thenew device get created in HA with the same entity id.

The lock capability is useable on Compound device:

YAML Example:

homey:
  my_car:
    name: Car name
    capabilities:
      lock: lock_entity_id

But haven’t tried for myself.

I added a short description how to use the dim slider for input number entities:

You can add a dim capability in a compound device to change input number entities. In addition you need a converter to adjust the valid value rage between HA anh Homey.

1 Like

Thanks for this great app! It will be nice if there is an option to select more than one device when adding new HA devices to Homey…

1 Like

Hi,
this is a default behaviour of the Athom pairing dialog. It’s only possible to activate single selection or multi selection with ALL entries preselected. So if you have 500 HA entities and want to add 5, you have to deselect 495 :joy:
And the new version allows to add individual icons. So you perhaps want only to add 1 device in a step to do this.

1 Like

Aaaaah understood! But if you install te app for the first time, you have to add all 500 devices one by one. Maybe it is possible to add an option in the settings to choose? So, select all of them, or just one?

According to Athom this is being worked on… it’s an Homey thing not an app thing

1 Like

Allright. Strange thing is that is is working on the Deconz app by example;

You really want to add 500 entities (where 400 are really useless) into one zone? And then?

Perhaps the Deconz app has made an own view or copied/modified the Athom one.
There are other apps with icon selection (VD, MQTT hub…) where you can select one device, select icon and add device.

Most usecase will be to one by one into different zones/rooms.

1 Like

I use for Philips Hue calculation with PowerCalc

So just a better approach of calculating power consumption like then energy settings for Homey devices.
grafik

Then it’s very custom and no functionality of lights itself.
I would suggest to add the lights as light and all power sensors into one compound device. Would that be ok for you?

For me PowerCalc makes more accurate calculations than Homey energy settings.
The second reason is the using app “Power by the Hour” - with this app not possible use Homey energy settings.

And creating a compound with your entities dies not work using measure_power capability?
Or just adding as sensor? What capability is used for? Depending on the entity unit the app should take the matcching capability. Then you should have a device with measure_power that shoul be recogniced by PbtH.

Version 0.2.0 is live now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just tested with a Youless:

HA entity:

Added to Homey as sensor:
grafik

And I can select this device in PbtH:
grafik

1 Like

Indeed. And to make it visual, here’s the reply by Jeroen (Athom employee):

1 Like

How do i add 2 (or more) device trackers?

I tried this in my config file (and reboot):
homey:
my_device_tracker:
name: GalaxyS22-Rob
capabilities:
measure_generic: device_tracker.s22_van_robert
measure_generic.ip: device_tracker.s22_van_robert.ip_addr
measure_generic.mac: device_tracker.s22_van_robert.mac
measure_generic.connection: device_tracker.s22_van_robert.connection
capabilitiesTitles:
measure_generic: State
measure_generic.ip: IP
measure_generic.mac: MAC
measure_generic.connection: Connection
name: GalaxyS10-Anja
capabilities:
measure_generic: device_tracker.s10-van-anja
measure_generic.ip: device_tracker.s10-van-anja.ip_addr
measure_generic.mac: device_tracker.s10-van-anja.mac
measure_generic.connection: device_tracker.s10-van-anja.connection
capabilitiesTitles:
measure_generic: State
measure_generic.ip: IP
measure_generic.mac: MAC
measure_generic.connection: Connection

But that does not work, it only shows the last 1 in the list and when i added it it does not work.

When i only have 1 in the list it works
2022-11-08_ 185554

Hi,

please format the YAML, so we can check the spaces
grafik

I think you need a “my_device_tracker2:” before the second name.
That defines a second compound with its capability list.

Btw…I’m thinking about adding device_tracker as Homey device to get an easy to use presence device like SmartPresence. So just try and learn a bit with teh compounds. But don’t create compley flows yet :wink:

The yaml is/was correctly formatted, i did a configuration check before restart…

But i think i wait until it is integrated as device, i intended to add this as you describe for a better presence detection as well.
HA has a option to read my router and it detects perfectly when devices are present or not.