[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

What is the difference between this app and the HA app from Rob Groenedijk?
(Homey Community Store)

They seem to be exactly the same…

This app is still under development and is SDK 3, i.e. suitable for the new Homey.
The old app from the store is still available, but is no longer maintained.

Like Uwe said, the old app from HCS store was not maintened. So I took over the code and upgraded to SDK3, so the app will still run on Homey in 2023.
And since the app is so helpful for seamless HA integration, I’d like to add new devices/features to it.

And I changed the app ID, so it’s possible to run the Athom app and the community app parallel. So you can use both and it’s back in the official Athom app store.

4 Likes

clear… thx!

I installed this app and removed the one from the HCS store and readded the devices i used with the old app.

All is working again, now with this app.

I do have a request.
Is it possible to add curtains and tracker status as supported device types aswell?

HA has a great tracker system onboard to check if users are present or not (much better then Homey), sadly (also the HCS app) this device type is not supported (yet), that would be great.
Also curtains are not (yet) supported, here again HA has a much better BLE support then Homey, my switchbot curtains work via BLE muchter better in HA then via Homey BLE.

Hope these device types can be added also.

You can add your wished to the Wiki wishlist (post #5).
And please add the emntity domains (device_tracker?) to be clear. Thanks.

@RonnyW
Hello,

Thank you for your plugin it’s really great!
I have two questions :

What are the capabilities for adding text?

In home assistant I have an entity with a list of “picker” type buttons, is it possible to import it into homey?

Thanks a lot !

A text sensor can directly be imported as sensor device. It will use a capability “measure_generic” (app specific).
As picker you mean a value list where you can select one? That’s not possible in Homey. Value lits must be predefined and are not dynamic. If you only want to see the curernt selected entry in Homey, you can try to add it as sensor. The device should show the current state and you can react on changes woth flow triggers.

1 Like

New test version 0.1.8 addes a new app flow action to call a service with autocompletion list.

You get a selection list for service and entity (yellow marked). The data (red marked) can be set depending on the HA service description. Data must be a JSON dictionary. Add quotation marks for strings.

grafik

Enter some text to search for a service or entity.
grafik

The old action can still be used for service that are not depending on an entity (like areas, devices). You are free to call every service you like. The syntax ist like this:
grafik

4 Likes

Very nice app.
But one question. Can you add “icon upload” option? In homey at the moment we have very little choice of icons.

It’s on the list but I can’t say if or when it will be added.
A Homey internal icon selection from mdi respository in device settings would be nice :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

New test version 0.1.9:

It adds the possibility to use entity attributes in compound devices.

Example:

my_device_tracker:
  name: Device Name
  capabilities:
    measure_generic: device_tracker.entity_id
    measure_generic.ip: device_tracker.entity_id.ip
    measure_generic.mac: device_tracker.entity_id.mac
    measure_generic.wired: device_tracker.entity_id.is_wired
  capabilitiesTitles:
    measure_generic: State
    measure_generic.ip: IP
    measure_generic.mac: MAC

You can see the possible attributes in entity details:

Some attributes can be hidden based in the state.

First entry is the entity itself. In this case, the entity state is used for the device capability.
For the other entries, the attribute id is added as suffix.
The device capability is filled with the attribute content. Please use a compatible capability (measure_generic for text, other measure* for numbers, alarm* for boolean). But you can use measure_generic for all. The content will be converted to text.
You can set titles for these attributes using the capabilitiesTitles statement.

It adds the support for own units, too.
This can be useful if you are using an attribute which has no own unit like entities.
Attention: You need to update the custom_component and restart HS before you can add the units in the YAML file. Source: See link below.

Example:

temperature:
  name: Outside temperature
  icon: measure_temperature
  capabilities:
    measure_temperature.temp1: your entity
    measure_temperature.temp2: your entity
  capabilitiesTitles:
    measure_temperature.temp1: "Temperature 1 title"
    measure_temperature.temp2: "Temperature 2 title"
  capabilitiesUnits:
    measure_temperature.temp1: "°C"
    measure_temperature.temp2: "°C"

For details please check the readme here: https://github.com/RonnyWinkler/homeassistant.homey

1 Like

Thanks @HarriedeGroot :bouquet: :trophy:, who allows me to use his code from MQTT Hub to implement the icon upload, the HA app will get the same icon upload (manuel upload & mdi icon selection).
:tada:

8 Likes

Thank you.
One more question.
How i can to do capabilities device with my lights.
I have 4 capabilities: onoff, meter power, energy power and brightness. But brightness not work with this combination. I can to do 2 devices - 1 light with brightness and second measure device, but it is not comfortable. I tryed to don brightness with dim capabilities, but not working:

ceiling_lights_new:
  name: Ceiling Lights
  capabilities: 
    onoff: light.potolok_olivii
    dim: light.potolok_olivii
    meter_power:  sensor.potolok_olivii_schetchik_energy
    measure_power: sensor.potolok_olivii_schetchik_power
  capabilitiesTitles:
    dim: Brightness
    meter_power: Energy
    measure_power: Power

Small gift :red_gift_envelope: in your PP.

DIM in compound is only used for number input for now, not for dimming light.
This is taken over from the old app but I haven’t used/tested it. Perhaps it’s better to remove it because it’s confusing.

Every domain has its own attributes and services. So it’s better to combine domain specific things into one device (like dim/color/hue/onoff for light).
That’s why compound in primary used for sensors/measures.

I take this on my list. But other implementations are prioritized higher, like devices for climate etc.

PS: thanks for your donation :smiley:

Test version 0.2.0 is online offers the possibility to choose a device icon on pairing.
You can upload an own SVG icon or select a mdi icon from the list. The icons can be found/searched on https://materialdesignicons.com.

This functionality is taken from Harries MQTT Hub app - thanks for your support :+1:

Example:

4 Likes

Super!

Hi, great app!!!
One question, why do i get all HA devices double in the select list from the app?
This is for all devices, lamps sensors etc.

THX!

Haven’t seen this before. In HA the entity title is not duplicated somehow?
Can you please reload the data using a of this app? Go to device settings and click the reconnect button. This refreshes the entity list. Then the list should be ok. If this happens again, please send me a comment what you did before (changes in HA, restart HA or the app). Thanks.

can you check a non Z2M device?

Hi, just wondering: are these capabilities coming with the light? Or did you add it from a smart socket?
When it’s the first, what capabilities are you getting when you add a “light” device, instead of a compound?