[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

The Opening / Closing statuses seem to bee presented by the builtin entity “Status for window covering”:

Looks lke the valid statuses are Opening, Closing and Not Active (current state). I wonder why Open and Closed are not valid statuses for this entity? I guess it is by design.

Valid states are Up, Down and Not active.

The states of which entity? You screenshot was showing the correct “closed” state.

So “closed” should result in an inavtive tile and active device switch.
All other states than “closed” will show the opposite in Homey (because opening and closing is open a part).

The valid HA states seem to be closed, open, closing or opening.

The valid values for “Status for window covering” in the tile (marked i yello) are Up, Down or Not active.
I guess this is just some additional info that may probably be used from flowcards.

Yes. I agree.

In my case the Cover opened tag seem to be set to the same value as the Closed tag by itself after a while:

Maybe this is the reason for why the tile always ends up in an active state after a while?

Yes, this could be a reason…if the HA response is very slow or if your door needs aome time to open/close.
This should only happen if you open/close from Homey. Acting from HA there should be no difference between both states.

Example (why this happens):

• You open the door clicking the button inside the device
  • Homey switch state changes to “open”
  • HA service is called
  • Door opens
  • HA state is changing to “open”
  • HA state is returned to Homey
  • Tile state changes to “on” (=open)

The Homey device state is synced after HA sends the updated state to Homey. This oinly happens if there are more than one capability that depends on the HA state (like in this case the tile state).

Btw…I uploaded test version 1.4.24 with a cosmetic addition:

• If HA cover entity has device_class = garage, the Homey device gets the garagedoor_closed capability. It has the same logic as the windowcoverings_closed capability, but different labels and icon.

To change your Homey device you have to remove the current device and add again.

Isn’t the point here that the two states should never be the same?
They schould allways be the opposite of each other since we want the tile to show active when Closed button is inactive? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for new version. I will test it later on today…

They are opposite, but only after HA has sent the current (changed) state.
If you press the button in Homey device, this button will change its state directly. After HA has updated the entity state (I think after the door has opened completely), all other capabilities are updated, too.

You can think as:

• the buttons is showing your current action (what you want)
  • the tile is showing the current state (what still is in HA)
  • bith are synced if HA has finished the process.

Yes, they are opposite when I close my doors.
Close switch is ON and the tile is inactive.

But, both doors changes tile status back to Open after a while.

Tile for door 2 changed back to active about 5 mins. after it was closed from Homey.
Tile for Door 1 changed back to active about 9 mins. after it was closed from Homey.

A log entry for Door opened was generated for both doors when tile changed state.
Both doors have HA state closed and the Closed switch in Homey tile is ON.

There must be a new sync. of the two states happending sometimes later on on a regular basis.

What if any custom added entities (like temperature) changes? Would that trigger a new sync. of the two states? Sync. to the same state instead of the opposite?

HA state/entity changes are pushed from HA in realtime (Websocket). Other entity state changes won’t have an effect on your garage door.

Both Cover open and Door closed values are set based on the actual state in HA? Right?
I wonder what changes only one of them so they are the same after a few minutes?

I’m not able to find the new beta version…

Seems to be not available yet

Sorry, I uploaded it but didn’t publish :sweat_smile:
Now it’s ready to install.

H.
I installed new test version and readded my garage door devices to Homey.
Very nice! The Open/Close button now shows an open or closed garage door.

I did a lot of testing yesterday and found that most of the log entries were duplicated. Both english messages and norwegian messages shows in the log. I would prefer the norwegian ones.

All testing was done from Homey App on my phone.
When pressing the On/Off button, I often got a log entry indicating this action was done from my phone. But sometimes I also get an opposite message from Home Assistant Community at the same time (marked in yello below).

After door was closed at 17:07:17, the tile was inactive and closed switch was on. So far so good.

For no reason at all I got new log entries at 17:30:09 (23 minutes later) indicating door was opened. The tile switched to active and the close switch switched to off. There was no new log entries in HA for this event and my garage door was still closed.

New log entry occures at 04:12:21 indicating door was closed. Still no trace of this in HA.
Then, again, at 04:12:52 a new log entry indicating door was opened again.

HA logs:

I really wonder what is going on! :thinking:

I found ut what was happending at 04:12:21.

One of my flows detected that HA Tuya integration was not responding anymore and sent this service call to HA:

Looks like this resulted in the correct state for my garage doors in HA were read again and set correctly in Homey.

The Garage doors are not part of the Tuya integration.

The duplicate log entries are caused by the two boolean capabilities “tile state” and “switch state”.
I have to check which state can be hidden. Because not every entity has a on/off feature. Then the tile is the only way to log the open/close state.

It looks like the app had some communication issues. Perhaps the connection got stuck and HA queues the messages. The service call could be a trigger for resending queued messages.
You can send a diagnostic log if thisbhappens again. And you can check it by yourself in repair view/application log. Checkbif there are disconnect/reconnect log entries.

Hi @JOR1

I changed the insights for the tile state. It should not appear in device insights anymore. I hope all HA integrations are using the on/off feature so the insights is not missing for other users :slight_smile:

And the tile state is changed directly now when using the device button (garage door closed). So both states should be changed in parallel. But I can’t say what happens if the door can’t open/close and if HA sends the entity state again if it’s not changed in HA. That could end up in a Homey state not in sync with HA.

Test version 1.4.25

1 Like