[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

You can only get this style. The capabilities are shown in sort order of device definition I think. You can’t change the order in WebApp.

:roll_eyes:

But that’s since the beginning - for all apps and devices. Nothing we developer can change. So it’s sometimes better to add more devices with less entities than more entities to only one device.

Not at the moment. That’s really a hack and not good to implement. DC app has only a fixed list and you can change the icons for. I would like to add a icon selection like it’s done a device pairing. But independently of adding a icon there is the question how to delete it if the app can’t react in time if the device is deleted.

1 Like

Totally understandable!

If I remember correctly, Peter once created an AVD (Device Capabilities App) with changing status display. @Peter_Kawa, right?

let me check the new gardena bluetooth support on HA 2023.8.0 Gardena Bluetooth - Home Assistant , see how that can work.

@Jan_Peeters

Offtopic, but when you’d like to display two values in a mobile tile, you’ll need the Device Capabilities app like @DirkG alr mentioned.
It is not possible with other apps as far as I know, while Athom didn’t make that possible for standard apps.

When one value is of type string (text) (which can hold numbers as well) and one is of type numeric, you can use this:

When you’d like to display multiple values of any type in a mobile tile:

This is the device settings of the mobile tile ‘tado Status’:

While not very readable: The full entered “BLL expression (Unit)” code is:

'/ ' + $values[1] + ' / ' + $values[2]
2 Likes

Thank you!
I completely missed this. Travelling now, but really interesting!

1 Like

I’m trying to work out how to get my Hue Dimmer Switches to work. With my Hue Smart Button’s I used the following start flow which seems to work.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 194145

But when I try the same with my Hue Dimmer Switches (with of course a different device_id) I get no response. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: apparently my Hue Dimmer Switch wasn’t correctly configured in the Hue app, that’s why I didn’t get a response. re-adding the device solved it :).

Some people asked me about the custom icons of some of my devices in the Homey app.

So I’ve made a quick and dirty webpage where they can be downloaded:

:point_right: Homey Device Icons by Bas

7 Likes

Is it possible to set the climate mode (heat, cool, dry etc) based on a variable?
I want to be able to save the state before turning the AC off and restore the previous mode later in a flow.

Thanks

The flow card uses an autocomplete input element. That’s Athom standard.
But I your case, the new flow actions would be an option for you. You can store the entity state in a dynamic scene and apply this scene later to restore the entity state (all setable attributes):

Hi all,

got the gardena bluetooth working on HA and now thinking what is the best match for this on homey as device. it is a button but also a timer (when you put it on it will countdown from 30 minutes) or sensor.
but like it put it on or on for x minutes.

thanks Edwin

i know that creating icons is extremely time consuming but if you have the time could create a Apple Watch icon? i use that as my presence sensor!

I would start with a custom device or switch device.
Using switch addes standard flows as default for on/off, but this onoff capability can’t be removed later.
Using a custom capability you can add the switch entity as onoff or onoff_button capability. Onoff will create a “big” switch and quick action for the device tile. onoff_button will create a small switch on button view of your device. So it’s a choice is you cant to use quick action or not.

The add all other entities in repair view. Sensors you can add as measure_numeric (numbers) or measure_generic (text). Switches you can add as onoff_button to group them on the device button view.
All changeable number entities you can add with activated “changeable number” checkbox. This will add a dim element you can use to change the value from the Homey device. If you add more than one dim capability, they can be selected viw dropdown in device dimmer view.

Check this post for details:

With the quick approach (add swicth device and add device entities in device settings) you will only get sensors added, but not the numbers as slider. So adding entities one by one will give you more flexibility by choosing the target capability.

1 Like

Sure! You can download it on the website now. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you! awesome!

Inline code does not seem to work in service calls. Here’s an example:
Any suggestions how to get it to work?

Hi, is there an error message when you start the flow manually in flow editor?

@Ronni
I tested the flow card with such nested data like "xxx {{'yyy'}}" and it’s accepted by HA. Have you tried these service parameters in HAs developer console if your data part is correct?