[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

nice, only need to use a timer for shutdown

ik heb home assistant draaien op mijn synology
wat is het beste voor het geheugen van mijn homey om zoveel mogelijk apparaten via home assistant te draaien en via homey koppelen zodat je veel minder apps moet instaleren op je homey.

I have home assistant running on my synology
what is the best for my homey’s memory to run as many devices as possible via home assistant and link via homey so that you have to install far fewer apps on your homey.

Please kepp the conversation in english that all users can participate.

It depends on your devices and apps.
I have all added directly to Homey (if possible) and all others is imported via HA.
Some exceptions like Hue Remotes (TapDial) are also imported via HA to get button and turn events without delay.

Other users transfered all ZigBee or ZWave devices to HA (deConz addon). It depends on your combination of devices if they are running stable on Homey or not.

At the end it’s a personal preference

• Keep Homey your central hub and use HA as dashboard and sattelite system to add devices that are not supported on Homey
  • Make HA your main hub and use Homey for automation (AdvancedFlows).

New test version 1.3.4:

• Added attribute selection to add entitiy view. You can now select an entity attribute while adding an entity to your device. This functionality completes this section now so you should be able to import all antities/attributes using this form that you previously added via compound devices (YAML definition in HA).

1st step:
Select the entity (as until now):
grafik

The desctiption, unit and capability is filled with entity state dependent values.

2nd step:
Activate the checkbox “Select entity attribute”.
A new selection field appears where you can select an attribute or your entity.

The attribute list also includes arrays and their subfields.
The capability is filled with measure_numeric or measure_generic. If you want to have another Homey capability (temperature, alarm…), please select one from the capability list (and use subcapabilities if this capability is already used).
Adjust the name (it’s still filled with the entity name as attributes don’t have a description).
Then add the attribute to your device.

4 Likes

Hats off m8!

1 Like

Legend

1 Like

Cool, example of precipitation forecast attribute data:

But this ‘bulk’ data is not very readable in Homey :stuck_out_tongue: except in the web app device tile.
It’s just fun to see what’s possible now.

Hehe, you can use the converter of course :slight_smile:

value.split(’ ')[0] for the first pair of “000|19:05”.
That you can split, too, perhaps into two capabilities:

value.split(’ ‘)[0].split(’|‘)[0] => “000”
value.split(’ ‘)[0].split(’|')[1] => “19:05”

1 Like

True that, Ronny, but my coding knowledge is just level 0 for that.
But nice, this works with usable values:

data01:
(value) => { return value.split(' ')[0] }
data02:
(value) => { return value.split(' ')[1] }

Result Forecasted mm/timestamp:

But I’m too lazy for adding all 24 values one by one, and also went to a compound device for these precipitation values.
I got the atrributes splitted with this:

capabilitiesConverters:
    measure_generic.00:
      to: (value) => { return (value); }
    measure_generic.01:
      to: (value) => { return (value); }

Is it a or the right way or can it be shortened somehow?

It’s the right way. But you don’t need the “to” part. The “from” is enough.

Thanks, Ronny.

Hi @RonnyW,
Is there any way to change the entity id of a device that’s already added?

No, that’s not possible. The entity id is used as device id as it’s the unique key for it.

For manually added entities (via repair view) it’s the same. You have to remove it and add the other entity. In this case you don’t need to remove the device, but the entity.

Okay Thanks for your quick reply! :slight_smile:

I have some Tuya wifi smartplugs that keep going offline / online in HA due to poor wifi signal.
HA also seem to interpret this as device turned off / turned on instead of just setting the device to not available / available.
This again makes my flows in Homey for when device turn off / turn on to trigger. In fact my devices have been turned on the whole time.
Is there an easy fix for not triggering turn off / turn on in the HA Homey app when device goes offline / online?
I guess it is the same issue regardless of what kind of device that goes offline / online.

It also would be very nice if a compound device would change offline/online status in Homey based on the status for a spesific HA entity.
Maybe an availability capability could be added like this?

varmegjenvinner:
name: Varmegjennvinner
capabilities:
onoff: switch.varmegjenvinner_socket_1
availability: switch.varmegjenvinner_socket_1
measure_power: sensor.varmegjenvinner_power
measure_current: sensor.varmegjenvinner_current
measure_voltage: sensor.varmegjenvinner_voltage

Hi,

can you please check the switch state in HA developer tools in case of lost connection?
If the state is a valid value (“on” or “off”) I can do nothing.
If the state is not set (emoty or another state) I could add additional checks.

As long as the entity exists, the Homey device is available. If the entity is deleted in HA, the Homey device gets unavailable.

Here’s some screenshots:

State is on.

When device goes offline HA also switches device to off:

State is set to unavailable:

Log shows it becomes unavailable:

Homy shows device as offline:

So far so good…

Device comes online again an HA set device to online and switches it to ON:

State is back to ON:

Log shows turned on:

Homey shows the device as online again but also says it has been turned off and on again even if it has only been unavailable for a while:

If I have flows that trigger when this device is turned Off or On, the flows executes. That is not wanted since the device has not really been turned off and on again.

It would be very nice to only change the on/off state in Homey if the state in HA is different than in Homey when the device comes online again.

Please ignore my wishes if this is to much of a hassle.

Many thanks for your detailled information.
Without checking the could I would say the Homey device switches off if ste state is not “on”. I think I can change this in an easy way.

New test version 1.3.5:

• Change switch device state only for valid entity states (on/off). Don’t change state for other entity states like “unavailable”.

@JOR1: Can you test this version please? The device should now keep its state until it changes to “on” or “off” in HA.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, again!
The state is kept correctly in Homey. My flows for when device is turned off / on is not triggered anymore when the devices goes offline / online unless the state has really changed to off or on.

I tested different scenarios for ordinary switch devices and compound devices with on/off capabilities. Both device types works perfectly!!!