[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

Ok. The Remote fires Events.

I’m just testing at the moment. I only use the button for testing. but I installed some of them in the wall. works great with deconz and Homey.

Can you please log the event and send me the JSON data?

As example for HA events I want to share an AdvancedFlow which reacts on HueTap events to control a receiver (on/off, input an volume).

On/off using a short and long press event:

Change volume or light brightness using the ring.

The button click stores its number in a variable to remember the currently used device. It gets reset after 10sec with a timer.
The ring step count (turning length) is read from the event data (JSON) and used to calculate the volume change. But you can also use raise/lower volume/brightness instead for single step changes.

1 Like

What’s the best way to add a remote with this app ? Today I’m using deconz app but want to move over to your app.

I have Xiaomi remotes for wall mount

Thanks for a great app.

And is there anyway to add helpers ?

Please check what HA domains are used for the domains.
And please check if the remotes are using entity states/attributes or only events.

If entities/domains are used it depends if the brand is using common HA domains or if the integration is using custom domains.
At least you should be able to add them as compound device.

If the integration only uses events, then you can use the flow example above to react on these events.

I can check some details if you share entity details (as PM or here) from HA developer tool / states.

1 Like

Hi is it possible to add a icon to the list of icons when adding a device?

When i try to add a curtain then i only can choose 1 type of icon, the mdi:blind, in HA there are better icons which are more suitable for a curtain.

Can you maybe add the icons mdi:curtains and mdi:curtains-closed or replace the mdi-blind icon?

Is it also possible to change the way the icon in homey response?
Other curtains in homey are greyed out or not depending on the state, when greyed out the curtains are closed, when the curtain is opened they are normal color, so the act as an on/off button aswell.
Is this possible to add this also to the HA app?

Maybe to add a different category instead, now it is called ‘raam bekleding’, this then will be used for horizontal blinds etc only and use a new different category for curtains (which move vertically) with the mdi:curtains icon aswell?

Thx

Hi,

I try to answer your questions one by one…

• The mdi icon list is generated using a repository from materialicons.com. I’ll update the list so more (new) icons als available in the list to search for.

• But indeoendent of the mdi seach function, you can use your own icons, from mdi/materialicons) or from other sources, or just self painted SVGs.
    grafik

• The cover device is generic. It can be uses for covers, blinds, all other motorized devices that can turn up/down or open/close…even car windows :slight_smile:
    The devise imports the possible attributes/actions from HomeAssistant.
    In the GUI, the default Homey controls are used
    windowcoverings_state
    windowcoverings_tilt_up
    windowcoverings_tilt_down
    windowcoverings_tilt_set
    windowcoverings_closed
    windowcoverings_set
    See: Tutorial: Device Capabilities - Homey Apps SDK v3
    I know that other apps are using eown capabilitites like on/off. But that’s not Homey default behaviour. And I don’t know if a real on/off quick action is good for everyone. That’s similar to locks, where you also don’t want to accidentially open the door while scrolling through the devices in the app.

thx for the explanation.

I do have to add that it would be very handy to see the state (on/off open/closed), now you have to open the app and view which state it is, in the homey app you cannot see this.
Other curtain motors (for example switchbot) have also the on/off button but they also grey out when off (or on, not sure) i really do find this handy, in 1 overview i can see which curtans are opened or closed.

Yes, I see. I’ll take a look at it to add a on/off state for visualization.
And perhaps customizable to act with.
I’ll give you a feedback if I something to test.

Can you please send me the device details for your blind/cover device from device repair view? I would like to see the valid features your device has. Thanks.

Hi! First of all: AMAZING app! So far it feels much more robust than the old version. A bit finicky to get up and running, needed to restart both HA and Homey two times before I could add devices, even tho it said I was connected. And loving the maintenance function!
Right now i’m using this app for switches and Athoms version for lights, since they got dimming and color-picking to work straight out of the box, but for some reason won’t let switches show up in flows AT ALL :rofl:

One problem tho: I can’t seem to get capabilities to update. both w and kwh was stuck on zero. onoff works lightning fast. Tripple checked spelling of entities in my HA config. After a trying “reconnect” a couple of times it finally updated kwh to correct number, but I cant seem to get w to update to reflect the values in HA at all… any ideas?

well, nevermind! It magically started working when I added another socket. A bit weird since I didnt change anything in the yaml of the first socket when adding the second and only restarted, like I had on multiple occassions with socket 1… Works now tho :smiley:

Hi,
so you are using Compound device for your entities (you wrote YAML)?
The compound is only needed to combine several entity states or attributes into one device.

The Homey app uses a websocket connection to HA and HA is pushing entity changes (the HA events) to Homey. Every entity change should directly be sen tto Homey and the device capability should change.

But instead of compound, you can use the default device types of the HA app (light, switch…).
Every Homey device type represents a HA domain (light.xxx or binary_sensor.xxx).
And for lights the Homey device will show the capabilities based on the features of the HA entity (dim, color, temperature…).

If you have still questions regarding a device/entity/compound, please send me the entity details of your HA entities and the compound YAML code. I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

Hi @K4mrat

some questions about your wishlist…

• Advanced Settings: “Always on”, “Power usage when on”, “Power usage when off”. /k4mrat
    Power usage when on/off is a default behaviour and is available in device settings. For devices with on/off capability it should be available. But I saw that’s missin gfor some device types. Where woul dyou need it?
    What do you mean with “Always on”. Prevent pressing a switch?

• “What’s plugged in?” (“other”, “light”, “fan” etc) /k4mrat
    That is selectable for plugs only (from Athom/Homey side). That’s why switches are available as plug device type in pair dialog.
    That’s a limitation I can’t change. You have to add your switch entity as device (not compound) to be able to set the “what’s plugged in” attribute.

Yep, using compound! And now it’s working like a charm. Added my third one and everything updates as it should :slight_smile:

Something weird WAS going on tho. My humble guess is that it had to do with the websocket. I added socket 1 last night and on/off worked but not the sensors. rebooted both Homey and HA a few times. Went to bed. This morning still no updates, but could still be turned on/off. When I started playing around in the settings of your app a while ago it didnt complain that I was saving the wrong settings (changed port) even tho i was on purpose too see if something was wrong in the connection. I did however correct this again before adding my second socket. THAT is the only thing I can think of that I did different between socket 1 and socket 2 - saving the wrong credentials, restarting the app with them wrong and then changing to the right ones again before adding socket 2… but it sounds so weird that I hardly want to mention it :rofl:

1 Like

Hi!
I noticed “power when on/off” was missing on my Trådfri socket settings, but now I can see that I had fudged some things up… re-added it like it SHOULD be added and can now be changed in setting. My bad! So, consider that solved as far as I’m concerned.

Always on exactly! Homey has this setting under advanced on switches to prevent turning of the freezer (or grandmas ventilator i guess? :rofl: ). One thing that just now dawned on me is that I COULD just add the [switch I really don’t want pressed] as [sensor only] to just get the energy readings and that would solve it fine :slight_smile:

what’s plugged in ok! I see! So, if I understand correctly I can a) add socket as Compound to get all capabilites, but can’t tell Homey it’s a Light plugged in, or b) add the socket as switch/light etc but then I loose ability to use the sockets sensors? If that’s the case I COULD probably just work around it by fetching sensor data as one device and on/off as one device and mash them together as a virtual device in Homey… what I don’t understand is how Athom adds their HA devices that keeps the sensors data and can present as different Devices under settings :thinking:

Always on: Yes, that would be a possibility. But if you import a switch (in Homey a device typ “socket”), you should habe the possibility to select the “what’s plugged in” (only in MobileApp) AND 'always on" (MobileApp and WebApp).

I never used Athoms app because it had multi selection active in pair dialog and it was not possible in theast to deselect all. And I had no joy to delelect >1000 devices :sweat_smile:
I can’t say what they are doing without the code. The HA community app is websocket based and therefore based ond entities. That’s why the devices are imported based on the entity domain.
Perhaps they are reading sensors with the same name in addition.
For lights I added such a possibility. If a sensor with similar name is found (and praefix _power), it’s added to the light. and you can set another power sensor in device settings.
I can perhaps add this for sockets/switches, too. But it’s hard to cover all HA possibilites if integration can create several independent sensors.

PS: can you please send me the entity details from your socket and power sensor from HA developer tools (the technical data fpr entity state/attributes). Thanks.

Hi Ronny,

I believe this app is a great improvement of the HA app that I used previously. Finally had the time to start integrating the HACA. It became quite necessary because the load of my Homey with all the apps and devices sometimes increased above 500% and my Homey became non responsive. Now taking air conditioners, car, some 10 Z0-wave devices, all Tuya devices into HA and integrate these back into my Homey with this app. Still experimenting with the behavior of the devices (I’ll keep you updated), but due to the memory problems with Homey I did not have the opportunity to integrate the devices into flows. Work in progress.

However, I noticed some issues related to the climate device integration:

1. The card temperature remains colored and bright even after the device is switched off. You have to open the card for this device to verify if the device is operating or switched off. This is illogical.

1. The colour of the first card has a blue colour. I’m not sure if this colour is corresponding with the chosen mode of operation. If so, in this example the mode of operation was heating and then it is more logical to select a red or similar colour. If the device is switched off, the card should not have a colour at all (transparent)? Or is this just a random selected static color for this device type?

2. The text “Koelen naar” on the first card is incorrect, it does not correspond with the chosen operation mode (in this example, the modus was “heating”).

3. The last card is an unknown setting or feature for me (“werkzaamheid”). This may display the current operation if for example auto or cool/heating is selected, but I’m not sure about this.

Keep up the good work!

Peter

The color blue is displayed because the current temperature (22 °C) is higher than the set temperature (20 °C). That is why the first screenshot also says “Cools down” (to the set temperature), even if the mode is set to “Heat”.
This is the standard behavior of Homey for thermostats. So these are not errors in the HA app.

(This thermostat is not integrated via the HA app!)

2 Likes

I can absolutely do that… Just one thought that popped in to my head. It might be stupid as hell, but; Would it be possible to add a device named something like “Compound Switch”? If a “Compound” is ANYTHING I want it to be, a “Compund Switch” would always pose as a “switch” (or you know, “socket/plug/onoff” whatever we call it) and require the user to have “onoff”-capability but are then free to add sensors as they see fit? Would this solve the problem of Switches not having sensors, compounds not having the ability to pose as lights inside Homey and not force you to rewrite your app to try and guess what sensors belong to what switch based on entity names and leave it up to me as a user to add them just as with the Compound?

Hi,

1. Like @fantros has shown in the screenshots, the coloring is only done in the GUI dependent on current/target temperature.

2. Koelen naar (cool to) is shown in the GUI if current temperature is higher than target temperature. It’s only the GUI. The app can’t control it.

3. werkzaamheid is a bad translation. It sould be “Activity”. This field is filled in special cases if the HA entity doesn’t use the predefined modes and the mode selection can’t be used. Then you can see the current state/activity as text. I’ll change the translation to “Activiteit”. I hope that’s better. Thanks for the hint.

1 Like