[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

Hi Peter,

how did you change and update the Homey device? The procedure should be:

• changed compound in HA
  • restarted HA to reload the compound entity
  • repair Homey device (repair capabilities) or delete and add again.

Only this way, the HA entity has the new definition and sends the updates of assigned entities. And only after updating the Homey device it’s listening on these entities.

Have you changed it this way?

Yes I know the procedure, Ronny, and I did follow those steps.
I’m going to add a same make and model PIR now, to see how that one responds.

Hm, strange.
If you try it next time and it doesn’t work, please copy the device details in Homey repair view. Check the device details in Homey (store parameter, should show the compound details) and the app log if there are errors during capability updates.
And we can discuss it via Slack :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Ronny, the second one works as expected, AFAIK I did nothing different from adding the first one. In Holland we say “the first pancake always burns”, so let me carry on moving some zigbee stuff per my new SkyConnect, yay!

Hello,

currently I only do get the switches and my central heating imported from Homey into my HA.
What about my SMA solar converter and my HomeWizard Energy for my P1 port ?
How can I get that data from my Homey into my HA ?

I think you misunderstood the way this app works. It imports entities from HA into Homey to use them as Homey device.

So only HA → Homey

The other way you should use MqttClient and MqttHub app sending the data via Mqtt broker to HA.

Thank you RonnyW. for your clarification.
I wil start figuring out how to get it working between my Homey and the Mqtt packages towards the HA.

So if I only want this way:

Which apps do I need on Homey, and which integrations do I need on HA?

Then you only need this HA community app to import HA entities as Homey device… and perhaps the Compound integration in HA for compound devices.

1 Like

Since these are network devices you should be able to add them to Home Assistant directly.

Homewizard integration:

SMA:

I’m getting the error “The provided credentials are not valid.”
I have both running in the same network.
HA as part of Hassio in virtualbox.
Do I need to open some setting for access?

@TheSource

@Peter_Kawa Thanks.
I tried both my local IP:port and http://homeassistant.local:8123/
In HA I also created the longlived token.

Screenshot 2023-02-02 210040

Please remove the slash after the port.
If Homey can disvover the IP using the DNS name, it should work.
If this still doesn’t work, try to use the IP instead of the DNS name.

2 Likes

Awesome that worked!
Thanks

1 Like

Hi, newbie to create topics don´t know if this will in right forum.
I’m trying to understand Home Assistant and the Home Assistant App för Homey | Homey
In HA I have a climate_control where I can set the water temperature for the Viessmann Vitocal 300 (geothermal heat pump), but i can´t find any climate_control or Sensor for that in Homey thrue the Home assistant app.

My idea is to set different water_heater.vicare_water_1 if the Nordpool current_price price are above or below the Nordpool attribute Average.

Hello and welcome to the community.
Most apps are providing a link to an app topic in the app store page:

There you can get information and help for this app - and the developer (me in this case) gets informed about new posts :slight_smile:

@Dijker Could you please move this topic to https://community.homey.app/t/app-pro-home-assistant-community-app? Thanks.

What exactly is a climate_control? A special/custom integration? Because thermostats, climates and heaters are using climate domain as default. And this can be added to Homey using this app.
What can you control with this entity? Can you please make a screenshot from this entity in HA developer tools, page “states”. Search the entity and make a ascreenshot of the entities state and attributes. Thanks.

1 Like

There have been some testversions lately to fix an error caused by the websocket.

New test version 1.0.10:

• Added HA domain button in addition to input_button for “Button” device.

@Birger_Siemering : Can you please install the test version and checkk if your button is found? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Ronny,

The Remote is Now found.

but there is only the flow card that a button was pressed. the remote has 5 buttons.

Hard to say…You have only one button entity with one state.
Can you check the HA developer tools / states again and search for other entities created for the remote?
And please make a second screenshot from the button entity including the attributes column.

Can you use all buttons in HA? How do you use them?
Could it be that the remote only acts via events?
In that case please add this flow card, log the events to the timeline, press a button and check if an event is captured.

Example: