[APP][Pro] Heating Controller with utility prices

yes

Hi Balmli

Loving the app. However I can’t seem to wrap my head around how ‘High prices of the day’ works. I’ve tried setting up some flows for both comfort and eco mode but with no luck. Does it work for both comfort and eco mode? Is it possible to get a quick torturial?

Hi,

You can read about the “High prices hours of the day” - trigger on the top of this page.

Also, here are some examples of flows. 3 flows for the “High prices …” - trigger:

• High price trigger 6 hours - Comfort
  • High price trigger 6 hours - ECO low price
  • High price trigger 6 hours - ECO high price

https://balmli.github.io/no.almli.heatingcontroller/

Is there any possibility to get the highest prices of the day without the “two consecutive hours with high prices the second hour is skipped”?
I would like to just get the x hours with the highest price and not having every second hour being not highest price.

Edit:
I tried using:
When: High prices hours of the day
And: [high_price] is ‘yes’
But that gave me high price every other hour because of the “two consecutive hours with high prices the second hour is skipped”.

Figured out it was possible to to it like this also:
When: Utility price changed
And: Current price is among the hours of the days highest prices
Will I get all the highest prices, or will this also skip every second hour?

With that last flow you’ll get all the highest prices.

Great! Thanks for the reply! :slightly_smiling_face:

Getting a really low price this hour (Bergen, 18-19, April 14th). Price setting is NOK, but it seems to be reported in EUR. I think Nordpool has made some changes, cause I can’t select NOK if I don’t select country (NO) first.

The issue has been resolved.
https://github.com/balmli/no.almli.heatingcontroller/issues/8

Latvia LV
Lithuania LT

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, sorry! Will fix!

1 Like

Hi

I would like to request a graph showing x hours of previous prices and future prices. With a graph it would be easier for me to see when I should handle stupid equipment (like me; loading and starting the washing machine). Preferably the graph would be an url on the homey, so it possible to integrate on info screens(web site).

Jan E.

1 Like

Hello,
About this condition: “Current price is / is not X % above the average of the next Y hours”.
Is the hour you are in included in the hours you set? For example: if you set 2 hours in the condition, does it calculate with the current hour or from the next hour?

It calculates from the current hour

Thanks. Do you have any tested flows you like to share for best optimized heat control to get down the cost? Not just with the condition I mentioned above, but all.

I have two modes for “Comfort” and two modes for “ECO”:

• “Comfort mode”
  • “Comfort high price mode”: “Comfort mode” and the two hours during the day with the highest prices.
  • “ECO mode”
  • ECO high price mode": “ECO mode” and this uses the “High prices 6 hours of the day” - trigger.

This controls a VThermo “master thermostat”, which then controls other thermostats (physical and virtual) around the house. (ref. [APP][PRO] VThermo).

The “Comfort high price” and “ECO high price” modes is 1 or 2 deg. C lower.

V. 1.5.0 is ready for testing, with the following changes:

• SDK3 - changes
  • “Presence for modes” option removed
  • Updated holidays
  • Fixed decimals for Insights
  • Fixed issue with timezones
1 Like

And v. 1.5.1 with:

• Utility prices for more countries
  • Added ‘The following X hours are among the Y hours of today’s lowest prices’ condition
  • Added ‘The following X hours are among the Y hours of today’s highest prices’ condition
1 Like

Thank You! I have noticed, that meanwhile the App has upgraded itself to v.1.5.2. What is new there?

Other than that, I have made some testing with UTC+3 (EEST) zone, for EE area, and there is still the midnight data missing.

• Reduced memory consumption

• Fixed bug when changing settings
  • Fixed bug in ‘The following hours are !{{|not}} among the [y] hours of today’s lowest prices’ condition
1 Like

• Fixed issue with timezones
  • Reduced memory consumption
1 Like